Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 20 of 21
« First < 10181920 21 >
All Cigar Discussion>Cigar Bid
shopkins82 07:08 AM 04-11-2012
Seems like I keep winning a single 5-pack over the weekend, and I spend the M-W looking for other 5-packs, singles, or accessories to boost the order and offset shipping charges. Unfortunately, by that time, there aren't any accessories ending on or before Wednesday night so I'm left scrounging for singles. If I win a 5-pack for $5-$10, I basically try to pad the order up to $20ish so I don't feel like I've paid such a high percentage of my order on shipping.
[Reply]
jluck 10:10 AM 04-11-2012
Originally Posted by shopkins82:
Seems like I keep winning a single 5-pack over the weekend, and I spend the M-W looking for other 5-packs, singles, or accessories to boost the order and offset shipping charges. Unfortunately, by that time, there aren't any accessories ending on or before Wednesday night so I'm left scrounging for singles. If I win a 5-pack for $5-$10, I basically try to pad the order up to $20ish so I don't feel like I've paid such a high percentage of my order on shipping.
Yea they defiantly have it down to a science and rape on the shipping (which takes a week to reach me when flat rate USPS takes two days) but if you buy smart there is still a bunch of money to be saved.
[Reply]
Bleez 08:44 PM 04-11-2012
These guys have great customer service. I recently had to dispose of a Hemingway Best Seller due to a slice caused by the band and a Tat Miami that was crushed by my Stinky Jr. The Cbid team is refunding me for those purchases. Great cs goes a long way to keep me happy!!!

:-)
[Reply]
Jasonw560 02:58 PM 04-17-2012
I peeked my head into the Devil Site. As the Rush song says, "I can learn to resist anything but temptation...." Just a few singles and a Xikar ash can. Probably won't win. It's enough to justify shipping.
[Reply]
CigarSquid 07:36 AM 04-18-2012
Fun. I have a 5er I just won yesterday and trying tying to snag a few shirts for 4 bucks.
[Reply]
Islayphile 07:57 AM 04-18-2012
Originally Posted by Jasonw560:
I peeked my head into the Devil Site. As the Rush song says, "I can learn to resist anything but temptation...." Just a few singles and a Xikar ash can. Probably won't win. It's enough to justify shipping.
That's how it starts...

Place bids thinking that you'll never win since it's so cheap

Go back, realize you've won most if not all of your lots

Rinse and Repeat

You're doomed

[Reply]
Jasonw560 12:26 PM 04-18-2012
Originally Posted by Islayphile:
That's how it starts...

Place bids thinking that you'll never win since it's so cheap

Go back, realize you've won most if not all of your lots

Rinse and Repeat

You're doomed

LOL. I know. I won the three sticks I bid on, the ash can bidding ends tonight, I think.
[Reply]
Jacapo 01:16 PM 04-19-2012
Well, I have one question. What website(s) / places do you look to compare prices and make sure you are actually bidding at a price that is good. I am still getting a feel for my taste and want to try various samplers, and this devil site may be the place for me to do that. But, I don't want to pay for something that isn't good, or over pay for something.

So, currently I have no issues with the devil site, because I am to afraid to bid on anything for fear of getting jipped. You all might save me money by not responding. :-)
[Reply]
CigarSquid 01:20 PM 04-19-2012
on cbid, I check cigars intl, they are who runs it.. Make sure you pay no more than what cigarintl sells for. I also compare to famous smokes..

Use places you normally buy from online.. Never hurts to 'shop' around.
[Reply]
Islayphile 01:21 PM 04-19-2012
Originally Posted by Jacapo:
Well, I have one question. What website(s) / places do you look to compare prices and make sure you are actually bidding at a price that is good. I am still getting a feel for my taste and want to try various samplers, and this devil site may be the place for me to do that. But, I don't want to pay for something that isn't good, or over pay for something.

So, currently I have no issues with the devil site, because I am to afraid to bid on anything for fear of getting jipped. You all might save me money by not responding. :-)
Since Cbid is owned by Cigars International/Cigar.com, it's always a good idea to check there for their everyday price before you bid.

I've often seen bids go for much higher than what they could've purchased it for outright over at either of those two sites.
[Reply]
levrac68 01:29 PM 04-19-2012
One of the best pieces of advice I got on here regarding Cigar Bid is... Don't get caught up in a bidding war, what you want will almost always come around again in a few days... So far that has rung so true for me.
[Reply]
Jasonw560 01:34 PM 04-19-2012

Try Thompson's. :-)

[Reply]
jluck 01:38 PM 04-19-2012

What I do...If I am interested in something I highlight product key words, right click, use "search with Google", open it in another window and start checking prices.Keep cbid shipping in mind, set a price on a item and don't go over on it!!! That item will come up again and again and again.(most of the time)
There's times to bid and times to wait you will learn with time. :-)
[Reply]
Ncpsycho 05:47 PM 04-19-2012
I use C-bid And Cigarauctioneer.com--- I e-mailed cigarauctioneer 3 weeks in a row to delay my shippment till I had "enough" to justify the shipping --they did it no problem--- Im sure c-bid would do the same
[Reply]
nick2021 07:53 PM 04-19-2012
Originally Posted by levrac68:
One of the best pieces of advice I got on here regarding Cigar Bid is... Don't get caught up in a bidding war, what you want will almost always come around again in a few days... So far that has rung so true for me.
Best advice ever, some of these people drop money on it without first doing their homework. Why pay retail price + shipping (or worse, even more) when you could do the same thing at a retailer?? Better yet, I think some sites offer free shipping depending on dollar amount....the item will eventually come around again so definitely don't get caught up in a bidding war! Like the OpusX...dunno why people pay $20+ on a single stick when you can get them for less than that with shipping :-)
[Reply]
jluck 08:16 PM 04-27-2012
Anyone else having problems with five pack damage? They recently went to packing five packs firmly on greenish cardboard and I have had numerous cigars with bent and broken caps and feet. Anyone else? I emailed them and they said they would make note of it with no offer of replacement.
[Reply]
smitty81 08:19 PM 04-27-2012
Originally Posted by jluck:
Anyone else having problems with five pack damage? They recently went to packing five packs firmly on greenish cardboard and I have had numerous cigars with bent and broken caps and feet. Anyone else? I emailed them and they said they would make note of it with no offer of replacement.
Jared, they have came this way from cigar sprint too. No damage though..........
[Reply]
nick2021 09:01 PM 04-27-2012
snagged two herf-a-dors for $25 ea...pretty happy with these!
[Reply]
jluck 09:55 PM 04-27-2012
Originally Posted by nick2021:
snagged two herf-a-dors for $25 ea...pretty happy with these!
Those must be the 40 count?, that's on my list too.
[Reply]
CigarSquid 07:46 AM 04-28-2012
Originally Posted by jluck:
I have not.. I think since I have been ordering from them, I have had two shipments with damage.

Just got my Diesel's is yesterday, Looked perfect!
[Reply]
Page 20 of 21
« First < 10181920 21 >
Up