Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 55 of 220
« First < 545535455 565765105155 > Last »
General Discussion>Photography Thread
Tazziedevil 05:01 PM 04-19-2010
Anyone going to upgrade to CS5?
[Reply]
Wolfgang 05:20 PM 04-19-2010
not me. CS4 wasnt worth the upgrade from CS3. Sure there may be more 3D capability but im just doing plain old photo editing.

what are your thoughts? Sway me.
[Reply]
kenstogie 06:49 PM 04-19-2010
Still working your tutorial Francis. There's alot of experience in that lesson.
[Reply]
Roland of Gilead 07:08 PM 04-19-2010
From this weekend...

I had an Intro to "Cowboy Action Shooting" this weekend. It was fun as heck. It's a whole different kind of match than I'm used to, but I think I did pretty well.

-Mark.
[Reply]
Roland of Gilead 07:09 PM 04-19-2010

-Mark.
[Reply]
Wolfgang 07:40 PM 04-19-2010
pretty epic Mark! Love the cartrage ejection pictures. Were you shooting full out (w/ camera) to get those or are you just that good? :-)
[Reply]
spectrrr 07:48 PM 04-19-2010
Nice shots Mark! Although frankly, I'd rather shoot something other than a camera if I were there :-)
[Reply]
spectrrr 07:49 PM 04-19-2010
Originally Posted by Wolfgang:
not me. CS4 wasnt worth the upgrade from CS3. Sure there may be more 3D capability but im just doing plain old photo editing.

what are your thoughts? Sway me.
ABSOLUTELY!!!!!

CS4 was worth the upgrade solely for the newer Adobe Camera Raw in Bridge. When I Was doing weddings, 95% of my work was done in bridge, and the ACR upgrades were epic!

Now that I'm back to editing individual photos in Photoshop, CS5 intelligent fill feature will be epic, and I could care less about any ACR upgrades.
[Reply]
Wolfgang 07:53 PM 04-19-2010
Originally Posted by spectrrr:
ABSOLUTELY!!!!!

CS4 was worth the upgrade solely for the newer Adobe Camera Raw in Bridge. When I Was doing weddings, 95% of my work was done in bridge, and the ACR upgrades were epic!

Now that I'm back to editing individual photos in Photoshop, CS5 intelligent fill feature will be epic, and I could care less about any ACR upgrades.
CS3 has Camera raw editing. It was updated recently.

I guess I see your point.
[Reply]
Steve 08:04 PM 04-19-2010
From a quick trip to the water this afternoon.

For a quick shot, I am kinda pleased by it.
[Reply]
Roland of Gilead 09:00 PM 04-19-2010
pretty epic Mark! Love the cartrage ejection pictures. Were you shooting full out (w/ camera) to get those or are you just that good? :-)
I'm just that good. These are easy to catch, the AR's and AK's are tough.

Originally Posted by spectrrr:
Nice shots Mark! Although frankly, I'd rather shoot something other than a camera if I were there :-)
I did shoot the class. I used some .45 long Colt Rugers and a .45 Uburti rifle and a pump shotty like in the pics. It was a blast!

Here's a pic of my fat ass wearing iron.

-Mark.
[Reply]
Wolfgang 09:20 PM 04-19-2010
how cute :-)
[Reply]
spectrrr 09:30 PM 04-19-2010
CS3 has Camera raw editing. It was updated recently.

I guess I see your point.
not the kind of ACR that lets you retouch photos on the fly and skip Photoshop. For processing 2000+ wedding photos, that was a game changer!
[Reply]
Wolfgang 10:22 PM 04-19-2010
Im working on a leather SD and CF card wallet.

One CF one SD

just a fun project. Would anyone like to testdrive the CF version for me?

they are about the size of a credit card holds 2 cards just slip it in your poscket when you go out instead of having them loose in your pocket or in the bulky plastic versions.

Pm me.
[Reply]
wolfandwhisky 10:28 PM 04-19-2010
Im working on a leather SD and CF card wallet.

One CF one SD

just a fun project. Would anyone like to testdrive the CF version for me?

they are about the size of a credit card holds 2 cards just slip it in your poscket when you go out instead of having them loose in your pocket or in the bulky plastic versions.

Pm me.
That sounds pretty cool - I recently downsized from a big case (relative term) with a larger plastic holder, and now have just a slim soft case. The leather holder concept sounds like it would work well for a lot of backpacks that have started putting the little camera pockets on the waist straps.
[Reply]
jkim05 09:33 AM 04-23-2010
Some new toys just came in for me. I got a tripod and a remote shutter release. Waiting on an off-camera flash cord as well.

I also just built myself a little lightbox to play around with. If I find something interesting to photograph, I'll post some pics.
[Reply]
kenstogie 11:01 AM 04-23-2010
Originally Posted by jkim05:
Some new toys just came in for me. I got a tripod and a remote shutter release. Waiting on an off-camera flash cord as well.

I also just built myself a little lightbox to play around with. If I find something interesting to photograph, I'll post some pics.
Please do!
[Reply]
jkim05 11:02 AM 04-26-2010
Originally Posted by kenstogie:

Friend of mine GAVE me a Sunpak 555 and want to hook it up to my Canon T1i

1st - is there a hotshoe connector?
2nd - is it worth the effort?
3rd - Possibility of Damage to my T1i?

I understand I may need to use it in full manual but did I mention it was free? :-)
I meant to respond to this, but never got around to it. I wouldn't plug it into my camera, but it would be perfect for Off-Camera flash. The Sunpack 555's are pretty powerful and all you would need is a wireless transmitter and a wireless receiver. Granted, those aren't extremely cheap, and definitely not free, but it's well worth it, imo.
[Reply]
bigpedunn 02:35 PM 04-26-2010
7 mile beach negril
Attached: php3mfG8FPM[1].jpg (41.5 KB) 
[Reply]
eber 10:00 PM 04-26-2010
GAHHHHH!!! I got my used/inherited Sony a100 and somewhere along the road one of the pins in the compact flash slot got broken off and now it will not read a memory card :-):-) now it is a big paperweight. however it did come with a lens that retails for about $2k so that will be going on ebay to finance a Nikon D3000
[Reply]
Page 55 of 220
« First < 545535455 565765105155 > Last »
Up