Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 331 of 334
« First < 231281321329330331 332333 > Last »
Health and Fitness>Pumping Iron with Adriftpanda,Chainsaw13 and Icehog3 II
Chainsaw13 10:18 AM 04-13-2022
Decided to take off the training wheels today.

Seated rows
Lat pulldowns
Low machine rows
Lat pullovers
Tricep pushdowns
Skull crushers
Some good cardio before and after.
[Reply]
icehog3 08:40 AM 04-14-2022
Killer Bob! :-)

Another day off for me, my timing has been great in the resurrection. :-)
[Reply]
bonjing 09:48 AM 04-22-2022
Everything good, Admiral? I don’t think I’ve ever seen you skip a day.

Me body hurts, knee hurts again but in a new place now and both shoulders hurt so much I can’t do a push up. Left shoulder is so jacked up that it was moving on it’s own while I was trying to drink coffee yesterday :-).

1 more week of hard work, lots of ibuprofen and then about 3 months forced rest for me coming up.
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 11:33 AM 04-22-2022
Leg day. First time under a weighted bar in over a year.

Squats
Leg press
Leg extension
Hamstring curls
Calf raises
Hip abductors/adductors

Cardio before and after.
[Reply]
icehog3 08:35 AM 04-23-2022
Haven't missed many, Greg, hitting at least 5 days a week, sometimes 6. Body has a lot of miles on it, it's more about functional strength and keeping as much as I can at this point. Getting old ain't for sissies. :-) Hope your body heals up a little Brother.

Bob, congrats! How'd it feel?
[Reply]
bonjing 10:40 PM 04-23-2022
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Haven't missed many, Greg, hitting at least 5 days a week, sometimes 6. Body has a lot of miles on it, it's more about functional strength and keeping as much as I can at this point. Getting old ain't for sissies. :-) Hope your body heals up a little Brother.

Bob, congrats! How'd it feel?

Big Sissy checking in :-):-) saw the chiropractor today and she poked and prodded me around my shoulders and armpit, felt like I got beat up after. Didn’t know I could get knots in my armpit
[Reply]
icehog3 09:12 AM 04-24-2022
Hope she can "untie" em, Greg!
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 01:12 PM 04-25-2022
Busy Monday gym salutes :-)

Back and bicep day.
Low cable rows
Lat pulldowns
Narrow grip pulldowns
Lat pullovers
Shrugs
Hammer curls
Ez bar curls
Cardio
[Reply]
icehog3 04:09 PM 04-25-2022
I did back solo today as I didn't have the gas to superset

Heavy T-bar rows
Wide pulldowns
Dumbbell rows
V-bar pulldowns
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 07:13 PM 04-25-2022
Still sounds like a good workout. I’m still working on form, going light. Rengage that mind/muscle connection.
[Reply]
icehog3 07:53 AM 04-26-2022
You'll make that connection in no time, Bob, that muscle memory kicks in.

Heading in for leg day, then to work. Wheeeee! :-)
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 11:40 AM 04-27-2022
Hump day is the new chest day!

Seated press
Incline press
Seated flyes
Rear delt flyes
Shoulder press
Side delt raises
Tri pushdowns
Cardio
[Reply]
icehog3 07:45 AM 04-28-2022
Might as well be, Bob, as I ain't humping many Wednesdays. I did chest and some shoulders as well.
[Reply]
trogdor 08:34 PM 11-21-2022
Who's still lifting?

PR'd squats tonight at 255x5 after warmup.

I started lifting in May, basing the workouts off of Starting Strength, but the "old person" version for people over 40, that's a little less intense.
I made great gains, the massive beginner gains have slowed considerably, but still getting PRs, I just have to make sure there are more rest days and sometimes drop down and do higher reps before coming back after a couple weeks to top out again.
I feel so much better and stronger since starting, I can pick up the kids relatively easily again even though they are getting really big.
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 09:29 PM 11-21-2022
Nice Marc! I need to get back into the gym myself.
[Reply]
icehog3 08:46 AM 11-22-2022
Marc, sounds like it's going amazing. You're going to be shoving guys around in the loft next August! :-) :-)

I still lift 5 days most weeks. New PRs are a thing of the past at this point, I try to maintain as much muscle as I can but reality has other ideas. Functional strength is what I strive for now, and though my strength is probably down 25% from 6 years ago, I've found other ways to amp up the intensity. And I'm still stronger than 90% of the 20 somethings in the gym. :-) :-)
[Reply]
trogdor 10:43 PM 11-23-2022
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Marc, sounds like it's going amazing. You're going to be shoving guys around in the loft next August! :-) :-)

I still lift 5 days most weeks. New PRs are a thing of the past at this point, I try to maintain as much muscle as I can but reality has other ideas. Functional strength is what I strive for now, and though my strength is probably down 25% from 6 years ago, I've found other ways to amp up the intensity. And I'm still stronger than 90% of the 20 somethings in the gym. :-) :-)
5 days is pretty intense! What do you do for work outs?

Functional strength is great.

I want to get strong enough so that I don't get a debilitating injury while doing things around the yard, or house, or while sleeping, as I get older. :-)

I'm trying to work in more walking as well. Since 2020 my step count went way down, and I put on some flab. It's really carving out some time in the day to get out and do it. I'm up to doing about 2 miles now several times a week, trying to make it almost daily.
[Reply]
trogdor 10:45 PM 11-23-2022
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13:
Nice Marc! I need to get back into the gym myself.
Get back in and do it! Post up what you do :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 08:57 AM 11-24-2022
Marc, these days I do two days a week of legs and shoulders, 2 days a week of back/chest supersets, and one day on arms. Cardio consists of Precor biking using programmed hills and such.
[Reply]
bonjing 09:49 AM 11-24-2022
Originally Posted by trogdor:
Who's still lifting?

PR'd squats tonight at 255x5 after warmup.

I started lifting in May, basing the workouts off of Starting Strength, but the "old person" version for people over 40, that's a little less intense.
I made great gains, the massive beginner gains have slowed considerably, but still getting PRs, I just have to make sure there are more rest days and sometimes drop down and do higher reps before coming back after a couple weeks to top out again.
I feel so much better and stronger since starting, I can pick up the kids relatively easily again even though they are getting really big.
Congratulations on the pr’s keep breaking them!

I went from curling the 1/2” pvc tube to the pink 1lber, gains baby! :-) Rehab is a long steady road :-)
[Reply]
Page 331 of 334
« First < 231281321329330331 332333 > Last »
Up