« First < 4585939495 9697105145195 > Last »
Good Eats>What's in your smoker?
JY001 03:26 PM 04-18-2011
12 hours in the traeger....pulled pork.

[Reply]
688sonarmen 03:29 PM 04-18-2011
Originally Posted by JY001:

Looks yummy! What was the before weight?
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 06:59 PM 04-18-2011
Originally Posted by T.G:
Another boring fatty series from the BABOTL Birthday Herf on 4/16/2011:
10 minutes and they were all gone, nothing but a tray of fatty juice, three or four requests for recipes / cooking instructions, and two marriage proposals (unfortunately the latter were from Clay and Mario).
Those fatty's are always nice looking that you post Adam, and I'm sure they taste even better. I noticed the kalamata olives and couldn't help think about a Greek fatty. Possibly with goats cheese, grape leaves, etc.

Oh, don't be turning your back on Mario:-)

Originally Posted by forgop:
I amaze myself....here is the brisket sliced after a 2 hour hold in the cooler.

It was excellent!
Originally Posted by forgop:
Here's the pulled butt.
That brisket and pork look delicious Duane!

Originally Posted by JY001:

Jeff, it looks :-)

[Reply]
T.G 08:36 PM 04-18-2011
Originally Posted by MarkinCA:
Those fatty's are always nice looking that you post Adam, and I'm sure they taste even better. I noticed the kalamata olives and couldn't help think about a Greek fatty. Possibly with goats cheese, grape leaves, etc.

Oh, don't be turning your back on Mario:-)

Thanks Mark. Come on up for a herf sometime brother and try a slice or two for yourself.

The greek one sounds interesting, I need to think about what else could go into it, it could work. I don't think I've ever tried chèvre in a fatty before.
[Reply]
T.G 08:38 PM 04-18-2011
Jeff, Duane, nice looking pork there.
[Reply]
swingerofbirches 12:29 PM 04-19-2011
This past saturday the wife had a pork tenderloin on the grill (the whole tenderloin ... 12in long?) and coated it in her typical BBQ/pork rub. It was delicious!!! I've never had pork tenderloin that tender before. The fat was like a butter sauce ... sooooo good!
Wishing I'd taken a picture now. :-)
[Reply]
thebayratt 02:54 PM 04-19-2011
Had 2 racks of babybacks and a rack of spare ribs on the smoker Sunday during my BBQ/Herf @ my house. After they were done, I raised the heat and grilled some burgers and brats.
Was a good Sunday!
[Reply]
688sonarmen 03:58 PM 04-19-2011
Took some thick cut bacon and smoked it with apple wood. I am now in a bacon induced coma:-)
[Reply]
pnoon 01:38 PM 04-22-2011
4 pound brisket rubbed and ready to go.

On the grill.

[Reply]
pnoon 02:30 PM 04-22-2011
2 hours in

[Reply]
ucla695 02:34 PM 04-22-2011
Looking good. Can't wait to see how it turns out! :-)
[Reply]
T.G 03:49 PM 04-22-2011
Just tossed on a rack of Denver ribs (lamb)

[Reply]
pnoon 04:06 PM 04-22-2011
What is in that rub?
[Reply]
replicant_argent 04:15 PM 04-22-2011
gonna guess mustard and rosemary, black pepper, and hmmmm....... yep, do tell. And post pics later. Dig me some lamb.
[Reply]
dadof3illinois 04:18 PM 04-22-2011
That lamb looks nice!!! What internal temp do you cook it too?
I had never cooked lamb before so I bought one from a local farmer and had it processed. Now I'm a big fan!!!! Cooks kind of like beef to me but has a nice hint of that wild game "liver" flavor. My youngest (6 yr old daughter) loves the chops cooked on the grill.
I havent tried to smoke any of it yet but I want to smoke the shanks soon!
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 04:22 PM 04-22-2011
Originally Posted by pnoon:
What is in that rub?
Gotta have some garlic in it:-)
[Reply]
T.G 04:32 PM 04-22-2011
Originally Posted by pnoon:
What is in that rub?
Originally Posted by replicant_argent:
gonna guess mustard and rosemary, black pepper, and hmmmm....... yep, do tell. And post pics later. Dig me some lamb.
It is a wet rub, but there is no prepared mustard in it.

Basic ingredients:
9-12 cloves of fresh garlic
2-3 teaspoons fresh rosemary (for dried, I would say 1-1.5 teaspoon should do it.)
about 1 teaspoon each of:
dried oregano
dried thyme
kosher salt
whole black peppercorns
Throw all this in a mini-food processor/chopper, add a splash of olive oil and process. You're looking for a paste like consistancy, so add a bit more olive oil as necessary.

That's kind of the base I use, from there I usually wing it and will add ingredients for whatever mood I'm in. In this case, the one you are seeing had about 2-3 teaspoons of whole cayenne peppers chopped up and added to it, along with maybe 1/2 a teaspoon brown mustard seed and some ground cumin.

I've done some with paprika, tamarind paste, ginger (cut the rosemary and garlic a bit add small amount of sesame oil) and other spices, it just depends on what I'm feeling like.

Dump it on, let it rest a few hours if possible (with all that garlic, it's strong, so overnight max - otherwise it might be too much).
[Reply]
T.G 04:56 PM 04-22-2011
Originally Posted by dadof3illinois:
That lamb looks nice!!! What internal temp do you cook it too?
I had never cooked lamb before so I bought one from a local farmer and had it processed. Now I'm a big fan!!!! Cooks kind of like beef to me but has a nice hint of that wild game "liver" flavor. My youngest (6 yr old daughter) loves the chops cooked on the grill.
I havent tried to smoke any of it yet but I want to smoke the shanks soon!
Temp? No idea. :-) There's not enough meat in any one spot to get a good thermo reading, I go by time, looks and how it tears when I tug on it. For the way these ribs are trimmed, I'm looking probably about 4 hours cook time running at the low 200-220 range. Again, based on the trimming, these will pull back about 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch on the bones. Like pork, they will tear slightly rough, with some resistance and not quite come clean from the bone.

It actually was Luke (tuxpuff) who turned me on to smoking lamb breasts aka denver ribs (the lower cut of the ribcage) about a year ago.

I'm not sure about lamb shanks on the smoker, I'm thinking they are too lean and might dry out. Not every cut of meat works on a smoker. Personally, I'd go with a leg of lamb instead, marinade it and then smoke it. :-)
[Reply]
replicant_argent 05:06 PM 04-22-2011
Originally Posted by T.G:
It is a wet rub, but there is no prepared mustard in it.

Basic ingredients:
9-12 cloves of fresh garlic
2-3 teaspoons fresh rosemary (for dried, I would say 1-1.5 teaspoon should do it.)
about 1 teaspoon each of:
dried oregano
dried thyme
kosher salt
whole black peppercorns
Throw all this in a mini-food processor/chopper, add a splash of olive oil and process. You're looking for a paste like consistancy, so add a bit more olive oil as necessary.

That's kind of the base I use, from there I usually wing it and will add ingredients for whatever mood I'm in. In this case, the one you are seeing had about 2-3 teaspoons of whole cayenne peppers chopped up and added to it, along with maybe 1/2 a teaspoon brown mustard seed and some ground cumin.

I've done some with paprika, tamarind paste, ginger (cut the rosemary and garlic a bit add small amount of sesame oil) and other spices, it just depends on what I'm feeling like.

Dump it on, let it rest a few hours if possible (with all that garlic, it's strong, so overnight max - otherwise it might be too much).
Yep, I just had a little. :-)
[Reply]
forgop 05:21 PM 04-22-2011
I picked up 2 more butts and a package of spare ribs at Sam's that I'm going to fire up tomorrow. :-)
[Reply]
Page 95 of 270
« First < 4585939495 9697105145195 > Last »
Up