Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 35 of 38
« First < 25333435 3637 > Last »
Coffee Discussion>What are you roasting today?
Mr B 10:24 AM 10-10-2014
I am reducing the price of the beans for sale (above) to $30 and free shipping.
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 01:49 PM 11-23-2014
14.375 oz of Colombia Viota Excelso FC - FC+. Roasted beans are resting in a glass mixing bowl de-gassing, and will be ready to brew on Tuesday AM:-)

Of interest, started with a total weight of 17.5 oz of green beans. End results was 14.375 oz of roasted beans.

After each roasting session and while the beans were warm, I popped a couple in my mouth here and there to chew on them. They produced a nice sweet honey essence, with a very lite caramel note in the background...
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 11:41 AM 11-30-2014
Brazil Bobolink Brown 14oz roasted FC+. Warm roasted bean chewed in the mouth produces a nice chocolate flavor. Looking forwards to Tuesday morning...
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 02:27 PM 05-31-2015
Pushing the limits this morning on the West Bend Poppery II, and roasting-up approximately 1lb 3.5oz of Costa Rica Peaberry to FC-FC+...

I'll let em degas over the next 36+ hrs, and looking at a cup of Costa Rican on Tuesday morning:-)
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 02:48 PM 07-12-2015
15oz (post roast) of Columbia Viota Excelso from Bodhi Leaf. FC - FC+

Poppery II is hanging in there with about 10min of cool-down time in between roasts...
[Reply]
Buena Fortuna 06:58 AM 07-13-2015
Yesterday I roasted a fantastic blend of Ethiopian Harrar-Happy Mug, Brazil Daterra Sweet Blue- Theta Ridge, and Monsooned Malabar-Sweet Marias . All to FC. Flipping fantastic in the cup this morning
[Reply]
tsolomon 12:07 PM 07-13-2015
Roasted 8 oz. of SM's Papua New Guinea Bauka Plantation to FC on Saturday and had my first cup today and it was very good.
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 04:47 PM 07-18-2015
Sam and Tom, great to see you two in the thread:-)
[Reply]
Buena Fortuna 05:01 AM 07-19-2015
Originally Posted by MarkinCA:
It's good to be back :-)

Roasted some Ethiopian Konga Grade 1 and Sumatra Mandheling yesterday
[Reply]
tsolomon 06:28 AM 07-19-2015
Originally Posted by MarkinCA:
Thanks, it's nice to have a coffee roasting thread to share information with other home roasters. Had to clean the Behmor yesterday and I see there is some other maintenance to be done like cleaning the fans. I'm going to roast a batch of Yemen Mokha and then a batch of Java to create a Mokha Java blend later today. Not sure what the mix ratio is, but I will start at 50/50 and go from there. :-)
[Reply]
Buena Fortuna 04:00 AM 07-20-2015
Originally Posted by tsolomon:
Thanks, it's nice to have a coffee roasting thread to share information with other home roasters. Had to clean the Behmor yesterday and I see there is some other maintenance to be done like cleaning the fans. I'm going to roast a batch of Yemen Mokha and then a batch of Java to create a Mokha Java blend later today. Not sure what the mix ratio is, but I will start at 50/50 and go from there. :-)
I usually go with the 50/50 for my Mokha Java :-)
[Reply]
CigarSquid 09:49 AM 08-02-2015
Can anyone recommend some coffee beans to try from Burman Coffee? Or another place?
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 10:23 AM 08-02-2015
Originally Posted by garryyjr:
Can anyone recommend some coffee beans to try from Burman Coffee? Or another place?
My last order was from Burman, 5lbs of Brazilian Bob-O-Link and 5lbs of Indonesian Balinese. I see both are currently out of stock, but they have other varieties of each of those.

The half pound of Columbiam Supreme they sent wasn't too bad either.
[Reply]
CigarSquid 09:54 PM 08-02-2015
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13:
My last order was from Burman, 5lbs of Brazilian Bob-O-Link and 5lbs of Indonesian Balinese. I see both are currently out of stock, but they have other varieties of each of those.

The half pound of Columbiam Supreme they sent wasn't too bad either.
How long does ten pounds last you?
[Reply]
Buena Fortuna 04:26 AM 08-03-2015
Burman's is a great source for green coffee. There's so many options; what do you normally drink? What will you be roasting them with?
[Reply]
CigarSquid 08:08 AM 08-03-2015
Originally Posted by Buena Fortuna:
Burman's is a great source for green coffee. There's so many options; what do you normally drink? What will you be roasting them with?
I don't normally drink one kind. I usually get a sampler or randomly pick some.

Other than looking at my order history from last time, I couldn't tell ya what I had.

I normally order from them or Sweet Maria's.
[Reply]
Buena Fortuna 06:15 PM 08-03-2015
I don't normally drink one kind. I usually get a sampler or randomly pick some.

Other than looking at my order history from last time, I couldn't tell ya what I had.

I normally order from them or Sweet Maria's.
Check out either of the Papau New Guinea coffees if you like a darker roast and chocolaty cup.
The Mexican Terruņo Nayarita is a great medium bodied coffee.
Guatemala Hue Hue is usually a good full bodied coffee, try their Guatemala Huehuetenango Finca Injertal or the La Esperanza.
And you can never go wrong with an Ethiopian Yirgacheffe

Let us know what you order :-)
[Reply]
CigarSquid 07:45 AM 08-04-2015
Here is what I ended up ordering. Thanks for the suggestions.

Guatemalan Huehue Esperanza Hoja Blanco - 1lb
Guatemala Huehue. SHB EP Finca El Injertal - 1lb
Ethiopian Washed Yirgacheffe Gr. 1 Dumerso - 1lb
Jumpstart Coffee Beans - 1 lb
Espresso Blend - Special Prep - 1 Lb
Costa Rican SHB EP Co-op De Tarrazu La Pastora - 1lb
Colombian Exotico - 1/2lb
[Reply]
Buena Fortuna 04:26 AM 08-05-2015
Here is what I ended up ordering. Thanks for the suggestions.

Guatemalan Huehue Esperanza Hoja Blanco - 1lb
Guatemala Huehue. SHB EP Finca El Injertal - 1lb
Ethiopian Washed Yirgacheffe Gr. 1 Dumerso - 1lb
Jumpstart Coffee Beans - 1 lb
Espresso Blend - Special Prep - 1 Lb
Costa Rican SHB EP Co-op De Tarrazu La Pastora - 1lb
Colombian Exotico - 1/2lb
Excellent choice :-) Do you blend or just drink single origins?
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 06:37 AM 08-05-2015
How long does ten pounds last you?
Depends on if I get off my lazy butt and roast it up. Typically I can go through 12oz of beans in 7-10 days.
[Reply]
Page 35 of 38
« First < 25333435 3637 > Last »
Up