Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 7 of 99
« First < 567 891757 > Last »
General Discussion>Wristwatch collectors out there?
mosesbotbol 11:58 AM 10-27-2009
Originally Posted by stevieray:
Omega Seamaster Automatic bought new in 2001. Only loses about 30 seconds a month and has yet to be opened up or serviced.
Time to get it serviced! The bill can rise if you let it go too long. Omega makes a nice watch.
[Reply]
s15driftking 08:59 AM 10-28-2009
Originally Posted by Thrak:
thats what the guarded crown on the left is for, you can turn the interior dial for calculations on the slide rule

the white ring turns as you turn the left crown

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0018AJNI6

look at the zoomed in pics there
i bet this is the cheapest you will find it

http://www.blingdaily.com/
[Reply]
Thrak 11:12 AM 10-28-2009
yup, I ordered it about 6:30a this morning. :-)

Thanks!
[Reply]
stevieray 07:47 PM 10-29-2009
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
Time to get it serviced! The bill can rise if you let it go too long. Omega makes a nice watch.
Yeah, I'm looking for a place to service it now. I'll probably send it to the Omega service center in NYC.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 06:51 AM 10-30-2009
Originally Posted by stevieray:
Yeah, I'm looking for a place to service it now. I'll probably send it to the Omega service center in NYC.
Could send it Omega in Switzerland too. I think the US service centers have a much longer queue.
[Reply]
K Baz 09:29 PM 11-01-2009
Whomever wrote that watches are a slope same as cigar was to right

In the last month I have bought 2 tags, a tissot, and a rolex.

Now the problem is some are automatics...

Can anyone suggest a watch rotator brand - seems I am in the market now
[Reply]
K Baz 10:32 PM 11-01-2009
Sorry to double post by I missed the edit time.

Anyone have any thoughts about smoking while wearing a leather band? My Tag Monaco has one and I would prefer if it didn't take on an odor.
[Reply]
s15driftking 07:12 AM 11-02-2009
Originally Posted by K Baz:

Can anyone suggest a watch rotator brand - seems I am in the market now
www.watchuseek.com should yield decent threads about watch winders. they are not all equal... yet all do the same job

as far as smoke on leather bands.. i wouldn't worry too much, your wrist sweat and other stuff (hot sauce, soda, coffee, other things you spill on it) will make it smell regardless!
[Reply]
wayner123 07:39 AM 11-02-2009

Anyone have any thoughts about smoking while wearing a leather band? My Tag Monaco has one and I would prefer if it didn't take on an odor.

This is a question right up my alley. I am not familiar with Tag Bands. However, most OEM bands are usually made to withstand a little more mistreatment than an aftermarket one. That's because they are usually not 100% leather.

If you smoke with it on it will take on an odor. And no amount of conditioning or treating will get it out. Sorry to say, but that's the truth of it.
[Reply]
Parshooter 10:10 AM 11-02-2009

I would think that a leather watch strap would be like leather funiture: won't hold smoke odor. Plus, unless you are blowing smoke directly on your strap or are smoking in a very poorly vented room, how much smoke is actually going to get to it ?
[Reply]
Parshooter 10:11 AM 11-02-2009
Originally Posted by s15driftking:

as far as smoke on leather bands.. i wouldn't worry too much, your wrist sweat and other stuff (hot sauce, soda, coffee, other things you spill on it) will make it smell regardless!
Are you that sloppy Bobby ? :-)
[Reply]
s15driftking 12:21 PM 11-02-2009
Originally Posted by Parshooter:
Are you that sloppy Bobby ? :-)
hence why i onyl wear stainless steel banded watches!!!

though that may change soon!
[Reply]
smitdavi 06:38 AM 11-03-2009
Should be ordering this in the next few days:

[Reply]
Thrak 03:57 PM 11-03-2009
LOVE Citizens... I think they're the best bang for your buck in the watch world right now.

I love my 2, and my wife loves hers also.
[Reply]
smitdavi 04:42 PM 11-03-2009
LOVE Citizens... I think they're the best bang for your buck in the watch world right now.

I love my 2, and my wife loves hers also.
They def have some nice pieces. It's hard to beat the 5 year warranty on them. Unfortunately this is my Christmas present this year so I will have to wait 2 months to wear it lol
[Reply]
Thrak 05:02 PM 11-03-2009
talk about an agonizing wait lol

I got my bro a nice automatic for xmas, and he has to wait too... he'll ask me a question about it and I just say "I'm not sure what you're referring to???" lolol!
[Reply]
smitdavi 05:42 PM 11-03-2009
talk about an agonizing wait lol

I got my bro a nice automatic for xmas, and he has to wait too... he'll ask me a question about it and I just say "I'm not sure what you're referring to???" lolol!
Yeah, I may ask if I can just look at it and hold it for a while when it comes in lol
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 05:19 AM 11-04-2009
Best to buy a watch with a bracelet and get the leather strap after. Deployment clasps are pretty cheap too.

Orbita (sp) is a famous brand of watch winder.
[Reply]
smitdavi 06:30 AM 11-04-2009
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
Best to buy a watch with a bracelet and get the leather strap after. Deployment clasps are pretty cheap too.

Orbita (sp) is a famous brand of watch winder.
The Citizen that I posted has an integrated bracelet. I would like to get a leather strap watch though. A little dressier than ss
[Reply]
Thrak 11:37 AM 11-04-2009
If you like the militare look check out Getat ... build it how you like for little $

http://www.siswatch727.com/index.do
[Reply]
Page 7 of 99
« First < 567 891757 > Last »
Up