Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Tatuaje Cabaiguan Coronas Extras
thecatch83 05:27 AM 04-10-2011
This was gifted to me in a trade, and this was my first smoking experience with the Cabaiguan line. Great smelling Connecticut Broadleaf Maduro wrapper, flawless construction. Seems are near invisible and some moderately pronounced veins. Draw and burn were perfect, slight resistance, no touch ups required or relights.

Cut-Xicar
Size-5 5/8 x 46
Filler-Nicaragua
Origin-Nicaragua
Wrapper-Maduro (Conn. BL)
Strength-Med/Full Body
Production-Limited, El Rey factory exclusively for Tatuaje

Smoke time was about an hour and a half, ash held on for a good 30 minutes at a time. In a word, perfect! This was delicious, and I loved everything about the flavor profile. Excellent transitions from sweet cocoa, vanilla, earthy tobacco into a soft and smooth pepper finish. More on the medium side than full body. I will be buying more of these and would like to try the sun grown (guapo) wrapper as well. Easily on my top ten list of sticks I've smoked this year!
[Reply]
Bunker 05:48 AM 04-10-2011
Nice review!

The Maduro 46 is my favorite Cabaiguan, perfect smoke for that morning cup of coffee.

The sungrown is also a well-made cigar like anything from Pete/Pepin but it is an entirely different animal.

Where the the maduro is a nice medium smoke for coffee the natural is a full-bodied white pepper bomb which to me needs a cold beer.

The closest thing I can compare it to is the old 601 Black.
[Reply]
Humpdebump 05:54 AM 04-10-2011
Nice review, I have one of these resting in my humi now. Can't wait to try it, it's a great looking stick with the dark wrapper and yellow band.
[Reply]
HollywoodQue 07:23 AM 04-10-2011
I love these, nice review TY, thanks
[Reply]
thecatch83 10:16 AM 04-10-2011
Correction, this is the guapo maduro 46 (different band than the Coronas).
[Reply]
kelmac07 11:29 AM 04-10-2011
These are very tasty indeed!! :-) :-)
[Reply]
Up