Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Joya de Nicaragua Antano 1970 Alisado
Don Fernando 12:22 AM 04-10-2011
The Joya de Nicaragua Antano 1970 toro, 6x52 sized, is named the Alisado. This blend was once the boldest and strongest blend out there and it was quite famous for it. The brand lost some of its fame, but is more active now that they work with Drew Estate, new blends are created for example, some blends are re-created but this Antano is still untouched and strong as hell.

The dark wrapper has quite some veins and the band isn't really attractive. The wrapper is quite oily and feels silky. The construction feels good. I smell a mild barnyard. The predraw is great, mild peppery.

I taste coffee, the flavor is quite spicy but not peppery. I taste some earth in the aftertaste and smell pepper in the smoke. After half an inch I taste some pepper, a mixture of black pepper and chili peppers, and some earth. The cigar is smoother than I expected. The pepper disappears quite quickly. After an inch the pepper returns and gets stronger and stronger.

After a third I mainly taste pepper with some toast and wood on the background. Halfway some nut joins the wood and toast, the pepper gets a bit less strong. After two thirds I taste herbs with wood, some sweetness and a hint of citrus. There is a lot of pepper in the aftertaste.

This cigar lasted me for two hours. The draw is great, just like the burn and I got enough thick smoke. The pepper and salt colored ash is coarse and frayed but firm. This cigar is full flavored and full bodied, it is stronger than it tastes, it sneaks up on you.

Would I buy this cigar again? I rather smoke the smaller machito

Appearance: 7 / 10
Construction: 8 / 10
Draw: 8 / 10
Burn: 8 / 10
Smoke & ash: 8 / 10
Aroma first part: 7 / 10
Aroma second part: 7 / 10
Aroma third part: 7 / 10
[Reply]
HollywoodQue 07:55 AM 04-10-2011
:-)
[Reply]
G G 08:08 AM 04-10-2011
I love these, thanks for the review Ferdie.:-)
[Reply]
kelmac07 09:56 AM 04-10-2011
Nice review...and I'm with you, prefer the smaller sizes of this stick.
[Reply]
Up