Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Sports>Euro 2012
Ciro 10:29 AM 06-18-2012
Anyone else rooting for their favorite team(s)? I'm praying Italy makes it through, but it seems that they always wait till the last minute to move on to the next round. Now they need to beat Ireland by two or more goals should Spain and Croatia tie Italy will need the "Goal differential" to move on and a tie with Ireland won't do them any good.
[Reply]
Taki 10:42 AM 06-18-2012
Greece!!!

Been turning out to be a great tourney so far!!!
[Reply]
hotreds 10:57 AM 06-18-2012
Forza Italia!
[Reply]
Ciro 09:38 AM 06-19-2012
Originally Posted by Taki:
Greece!!!

Been turning out to be a great tourney so far!!!
Amazing game! No one expected them to beat Russia and make it to the quarter finals. They now have a huge mountain to climb with Germany.
[Reply]
Ciro 09:39 AM 06-19-2012
Originally Posted by hotreds:
Forza Italia!
:-):-):-)

Now we wait to see who we face.
[Reply]
rebelknight 10:12 AM 06-19-2012
Go greece. Awesome game against russia. They'll need to be in top form against a german team that's looking like the favorite to win it
[Reply]
Taki 10:52 AM 06-19-2012
Originally Posted by Ciro:
Amazing game! No one expected them to beat Russia and make it to the quarter finals. They now have a huge mountain to climb with Germany.

Very huge!!! They will need to be on top of their game! Although the Greeks are actually (IMO and from what all the papers are saying in Greece) wanting this game becuase of how things are going with the Euro right now...and even though I am Greek and a huge supporter of my Country, its hard for me as a futbol fan to say "Yes bring on Germany". Got to play strong this game!!
[Reply]
fencefixer 12:36 PM 06-19-2012
DEUTSCHLAND.

We'll crush anything and everything that's in our path.
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 09:47 AM 06-20-2012
I don't really have a favorite team in the bunch but it has been a very entertaining tournament. I guess I would say anybody but Spain!
[Reply]
Powers 11:06 AM 06-20-2012
I enjoyed the England v Ukraine match yesterday. Ukraine got robbed of that tying goal

Either way though I always enjoy a good international soccer match :-)
[Reply]
Ciro 01:49 PM 06-20-2012
My Predictions:

Czech-Portugal 0-2 (I think Portugal is finally starting to blend as a team)

Germany-Greece 1-3 (As much as I think Greece will come out with more passion and probably score the first goal Germany has been strong from the start and it will take a lot more then luck to beat them)

Spain-France 3-0 (France has not looked like a complete team in a while)

England-Italy 0-1 (I’m hoping the Italian defense will hold off the English attack)
[Reply]
Ciro 08:00 AM 06-22-2012
Czech-Portugal 0-1 (Score should have been 6-0, Czech played defense 95% of the game) Let’s see if Greece can upset the mighty Germans.
[Reply]
Ciro 06:14 AM 06-23-2012
Germany-Greece 4-2 As I mentioned before thinking Greece would come out ahead was a long shot, but after the tie I thought is was going to get interesting. Then Germany put in three more and that thought went out the window.
[Reply]
Ciro 03:58 PM 06-24-2012
Forza Italia!!!!

Spain-Portugal (should be an amazing game)
Italy-Germany (the Italians are really going to need to step it up if they plan on winning)
[Reply]
fencefixer 04:09 PM 06-24-2012
This game was just dumb... England constantly bunched up in little groups and the Italians pulling desperation shots. With the shoot off in the end there was a lot of luck involved imho.

Either way I will watch my team destroy the Italians next week. :-)
[Reply]
hotreds 05:36 PM 06-24-2012
Italy deserved the win. Stay over confident, there, FF! Hopefully the Deutscher will as well!
[Reply]
Ciro 09:19 AM 06-25-2012
Originally Posted by fencefixer:
This game was just dumb... England constantly bunched up in little groups and the Italians pulling desperation shots. With the shoot off in the end there was a lot of luck involved imho.

"England constantly bunched up in little groups"
England was definitely not in their zone; they looked sloppy from beginning to end.

“Italians pulling desperation shots.”
Maybe towards the tail end of the game; Balotelli was getting sloppy and taking desperate shots.

“Either way I will watch my team destroy the Italians next week.”
I’ve got a fiver that says Italy :-) makes it to the finals, interested?
[Reply]
Powers 10:00 AM 06-25-2012
Originally Posted by fencefixer:

I agree on all accounts. Won't hurt that Germany got an extra 48 hrs of rest either :-)
[Reply]
Taki 10:48 AM 06-25-2012
Now that Greece is out :-) I will be routing for Spain, I have been a fan of Fernando Torres for a long time and I hope he gets a chance to show what he can do the rest of the tourney! In general though I love the way Spain knocks the ball around, always a great game to watch when they are on the pitch!!
[Reply]
fencefixer 11:59 AM 06-25-2012
Originally Posted by Ciro:
"England constantly bunched up in little groups"
England was definitely not in their zone; they looked sloppy from beginning to end.

“Italians pulling desperation shots.”
Maybe towards the tail end of the game; Balotelli was getting sloppy and taking desperate shots.

“Either way I will watch my team destroy the Italians next week.”
I’ve got a fiver that says Italy :-) makes it to the finals, interested?

Haha, you sumbish!

THE DEAL IS ON! :-)
[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up