Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 39 of 90
« First < 29373839 40414989 > Last »
All Cigar Discussion>pnoon's what cigar did you smoke today VII?
J.Caprell 01:35 PM 02-25-2020
Had a Monte no 2 last night and a Norteņo this afternoon.
[Reply]
icehog3 03:57 PM 02-25-2020

Caldwell Long Live the King
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 07:13 PM 02-25-2020
‘97 Bolivar Coronas Extra. Wish I wasn’t down to the last 4 in the box.
[Reply]
icehog3 03:24 PM 02-26-2020

Southern Draw Rose of Sharon
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 06:09 PM 02-26-2020
La Gran Llave robusto
RP Fifty
Lunatic Corojo Maduro perfecto
[Reply]
Weelok 11:42 PM 02-26-2020
Last night cigar was the Aganorsa Leaf.

Tonight’s was gifted to me from the Rev and boy is this a good cigar. Sometimes you forget all the great DP cigars out there in the fascination with trying new cigars. So good.

[Reply]
gomeitsmybday 04:25 AM 02-27-2020
Graycliff 30 year Toro - haven't had one of these for a while. While not all graycliffs are much to write home about, this one is still an AM/with coffee favorite.

@ Dave I also picked up some of those JJ Maduros in Robusto and couldn't agree more, it's a spectacular cigar!
[Reply]
gomeitsmybday 04:44 AM 02-28-2020

R&J Ex#4 2017 - had to put the perfecdraw to this one, would have been unsmokable without doing so. Nice toasty cigar :-)
[Reply]
gomeitsmybday 08:42 PM 02-28-2020

601 Maduro Toro - i think one of the reasons I like this blend so much is that is has a..long, yet gentle peppery finish. Sort of like the experience of a massage therapist that ate jalapeņo poppers without a fork on their lunch break, translated in to a really tasty cigar! :-)
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 11:26 AM 02-29-2020
Originally Posted by gomeitsmybday:

601 Maduro Toro - i think one of the reasons I like this blend so much is that is has a..long, yet gentle peppery finish. Sort of like the experience of a massage therapist that ate jalapeņo poppers without a fork on their lunch break, translated in to a really tasty cigar! :-)
That's quite the description. 😊
[Reply]
Weelok 02:14 PM 02-29-2020
Second ctrl alt delicious but wrapper flaked off. They are pretty dry ROTT but the flavor was still great so nubbed it.

[Reply]
gomeitsmybday 10:25 PM 02-29-2020
Originally Posted by Porch Dweller:
That's quite the description. 😊
Haha, in retrospect, I think most of my inspiration for that little mini review came from a little too much post dinner Chianti. :-)

601 Steel Toro - took another crack at this one after another couple/few weeks of rest and I have to say, it's got a lot of interesting flavors going on under all that pepper and spice - enough to consider a box purchase lie down for the longer term, hmm....
[Reply]
gomeitsmybday 08:40 AM 03-01-2020

DPG Black Toro - black coffee and a little DPG action to accompany my morning studies/homework. The Black blend is a personal favorite but seems to shine *so* much more as a robusto. As a toro it's a little less intense, but hey it's also a longer smoke so who is keeping score? (I am, actually, and Robusto still wins)
On a side note, does anyone have an idea as to how I could convince DPG to make this blend as a corona? I think it would smoke *spectacularly* in that vitola.
[Reply]
gomeitsmybday 05:58 PM 03-01-2020

601 La Bomba Toro - stronger than the 601 Steel but not by much. The La Bomba has more of a buttery/oilier profile and Steel has drier earthy and floral notes. I'll definitely be getting more of both. :-)
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 09:21 PM 03-01-2020
Originally Posted by gomeitsmybday:
On a side note, does anyone have an idea as to how I could convince DPG to make this blend as a corona? I think it would smoke *spectacularly* in that vitola.
Originally, there was a tre petite corona called the Perla and a petite lancero. They were, hands down, the best of the Black Labels. They were discontinued years ago for some reason. They aged beautifully.
[Reply]
Weelok 11:40 PM 03-01-2020
The unbanded is the Mexican Hot Chocolate.

[Reply]
gomeitsmybday 04:50 AM 03-02-2020
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan:
Originally, there was a tre petite corona called the Perla and a petite lancero. They were, hands down, the best of the Black Labels. They were discontinued years ago for some reason. They aged beautifully.
Thanks for that info NC! Yeah those both sound like they would have been perfect for the blend, unfortunately it seems like larger ring gauges seem to be the "in" thing these days but it's a crying shame when blends that shine in smaller gauges get those gauges axed. :-) To add further insult to injury, they make a DPG Blues in corona format!
I wonder if enough people were to start a petition or somehow promise to buy x amount of boxes, if we could get DPG to do a special limited run? Personally my preference would be something like a standard traditional corona or maybe even a lonsdale...

Oh and btw this morning I smoked a....

HC Criollo Toro - wonderful cigar, would recommend to anyone that loves a good Criollo blend!
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 10:18 AM 03-02-2020
JSK Red Knight
Kristoff Sumatra
LAdC Beli
[Reply]
icehog3 11:55 AM 03-02-2020

Chateau Fuente King B tubos
[Reply]
gomeitsmybday 04:17 AM 03-03-2020

Isabela Sparkle Robusto - wowwww this one deserves a review too but I won't have time this morning. Another home run from Isabela imo, has a nice med-full body and rich, rich flavor. Slow even burn...this one and the Isabela Firecracker are among the best cigars I've had this year, really looking forward to trying the rest of the sampler I have!
[Reply]
Page 39 of 90
« First < 29373839 40414989 > Last »
Up