Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>Gen-tle men :) few questions about flasks
kzm007 05:45 AM 04-18-2009
How long can you leave spirits in a flask? Read between 1 - 3 days.

Does the type of flask make a difference (metal or otherwise)? I read somewhere that pewter was among the best.

As i said. these aren't life-or-death questions, I'm hoping someone out there can save me the trouble of Googling nonstop :-). Thanks.
[Reply]
kzm007 06:30 AM 04-18-2009
I also want to add one more, and then I'm done because I annoy myself.

I read that flasks made out of two pieces of metal, and connected with sheet metal will leak at the seam. Naturally, of course; cheap is cheap.

Since I took the cover off my fleabay find, I noticed a line of brown along the one edge III something like that. I take that to mean that there's iron in the flask, and also a seam that will someday split and leak.

Being that I don't want my pockets soaked with gin, could anyone recommend a flask that is

1) Lined - these are hard to find and don't seem to exist. Something between the metal and the liquor so taste doesn't mix.

2) Non-reflective: Fingerprints bother me, as do noticeable scratches.

3) 8oz.

I know there's got to be some BOTL out there who uses a flask and loves it.

Help is, as always, appreciated.

Kegan
[Reply]
SkinsFanLarry 11:18 PM 06-03-2009
Modern Pewter is lead free. Tin, Copper and Antimony are the main ingerdients these days. To be safe, buy pewter made in contries where lead is banned from food containers, UK, Europe, Australia/NZ Canada USA etc.
[Reply]
Up