Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
All Cigar Discussion>Cigars and Sushi
South Shield 11:33 PM 01-06-2009
As you can imagine, bad combo unless you like a wasabi soy sauce flavored cigar, even after eating some chocolate and water well after my meal it was still prevalent on the tongue.

Anyone else have some bad flavor combos?

but it still was better than the Cremosa Bobarian gave me at the herf :-)
[Reply]
Skywalker 11:56 PM 01-06-2009
Yuck!!!

Nothing to report!!! Sorry Travis!!!
[Reply]
Kondour 11:58 PM 01-06-2009
eww Sushi? Who eats that stuff? Its all about a nice juicy steak!!! :-) oh yeah and some Sierra Nevada!!!
[Reply]
groogs 11:59 PM 01-06-2009
Originally Posted by Kondour:
eww Sushi? Who eats that stuff? Its all about a nice juicy steak!!! :-) oh yeah and some Sierra Nevada!!!
I thought you were no longer drinking.:-)
[Reply]
Skywalker 12:03 AM 01-07-2009
Now that you're drinking again! The new Sierra Nevada Early Spring Beer just came out. I picked some up from the brewery yesterday!!! Yummy!!!:-)
[Reply]
Kondour 12:05 AM 01-07-2009
There's a soft spot in my heart for Sierra Nevada! Now that I found out the early spring brew came out, I'll be drinking a few for sure.
[Reply]
groogs 12:06 AM 01-07-2009
Lave it to MOBD to be corrupting people with the Sierra Nevada.
[Reply]
Skywalker 12:09 AM 01-07-2009
There's a soft spot in my heart for Sierra Nevada! Now that I found out the early spring brew came out, I'll be drinking a few for sure.
Originally Posted by groogs:
Lave it to MOBD to be corrupting people with the Sierra Nevada.
I'm just doing my part to wipe that nasty sushi taste out of peoples mouth!!!:-)

Trying to get this thread back on track!!!
[Reply]
doctorcue 12:48 AM 01-07-2009
So wait... sushi & a cigar OR a wasabi-infused cigar? Sorry, its late. :-)

I don't know if I would chase sushi with a cigar... seems like it would lead to what you are dealing with now. That being said; some sushi sounds great right now!!!
[Reply]
groogs 12:51 AM 01-07-2009
You need to chase your sushi with plenty of Saki, and then your cigar will taste fine.:-)
[Reply]
rsamos 06:05 AM 01-07-2009
Her: "Hey. You got your cigar in my sushi."
Him: "Hey. You got your sushi in my cigar."
Them: "Blech!"

I seriously love sushi. But with a cigar? I'm guessing not so much. Sorry - I'm trying to come up with a flavor combo that's been bad for me, but I don't have anything even close to being in that league. I'm thinking more along the lines of the wrong scotch for a given type of wrapper.
[Reply]
j-easy 07:25 AM 01-07-2009
i dont mind the taste of sushi, not worth the price imo other than the novelty of it. and sushi and cigars sounds horrible
[Reply]
King James 07:29 AM 01-07-2009
I like sushi, and I like cigars....but have never tried the two together or one right after the other.
[Reply]
Hardcz 07:35 AM 01-07-2009
It works great, sushi and sashimi leaves a great clean taste in your mouth. I usually finish mine with a hot tea, though forgo the wasabi and eat it the way it was meant to, and enjoy the flavors of the fish. If you must use soy sauce use it sparingly... wasabi is just a waste of flavor on the fish itself.

After sushi I like to enjoy a mild-medium cigar, as the sushi is a light meal, even if you eat a ton of it... like 3 rolls yourself with tempura *cough*
[Reply]
Benwoo 07:43 AM 01-07-2009
Sushi is awesome! But a cigar after sounds like a recipe for disaster. Though as Dan said some tea may help to purge the flavors. I know I keep having sushi creep up for the evening do to my screwed up stomach so I think I'd have to pass on a cigar that evening.
[Reply]
68TriShield 07:48 AM 01-07-2009
I've had cigars after Sushi many times with no ill effects.

In fact I can't think of any foods that mess with my enjoyment of a fine cigar.
[Reply]
Hardcz 08:07 AM 01-07-2009
Originally Posted by 68TriShield:

:-):-)

What he said.
[Reply]
goalie204 08:13 AM 01-07-2009
The thought of smoking at the same TIME as eating turns me off.

A smoke after a nice meal, that sounds good.
[Reply]
GoatLocker 09:59 AM 01-07-2009
Originally Posted by 68TriShield:

:-) Just had sushi followed by a monte especiale last week. Great food and an excellent cigar. I do find that the beverage you drink with your cigar can mess with the flavor, especially citrus drinks like lemonade or OJ.
[Reply]
BC-Axeman 11:04 AM 01-07-2009
Mmmmm, sushi.
Smoke the cigar first.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up