Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
All Cigar Discussion>opus x smokers...
raider4life 11:12 AM 01-07-2009
i had a toast across america Opus from 2005 that had the strangest burn i have ever seen. i have to call my friend up and c if he still has the pics.

Josh
[Reply]
icehog3 11:32 AM 01-07-2009
Never had a burn or draw issue with one. My issue has been that the last few I have smoked over the last couple years have been lame.
[Reply]
LkyLindy 11:55 AM 01-07-2009
Best construction is Padron--Never had an Opus plug issue but did have some burn problems
[Reply]
BarneyBandMan 12:05 PM 01-07-2009
gotta agree with most--never a plug issue, but burn problems from time to time
[Reply]
php007 01:00 PM 01-07-2009
I doubt you will ever run accross a pluged Opus, since the filler is rolled in to skinny straws. Then the straws are bunched and wrapperd with binder then wrapper. I know this because I watched them being rolled in the Opus X rolling room in the DR.
Most people who have a burn issue are storing them above 60 - 63 RH. The Opus aging room is kept at 60 RH at the Fuente factory.

Hope this helps.
[Reply]
JohnnyFlake 01:48 PM 01-07-2009
Originally Posted by barbourjay:
never had a plugged one. had some with burn issues. the older they are the less issues you have generally.
:-)

Like I said earlier in this thread, I have smoked many an Opus, since their intro to the public back in 1996, at least a couple of hundred and probably more. I'll say again, never had one that was plugged, a few tight draws - yes, and burn issues - yes, on more than a few! Like the man says above, the older they are the better they smoke and most burn issues simply go away!
[Reply]
Cigary 02:35 PM 01-07-2009
Originally Posted by php007:
I doubt you will ever run accross a pluged Opus, since the filler is rolled in to skinny straws. Then the straws are bunched and wrapperd with binder then wrapper. I know this because I watched them being rolled in the Opus X rolling room in the DR.
Most people who have a burn issue are storing them above 60 - 63 RH. The Opus aging room is kept at 60 RH at the Fuente factory.

Hope this helps.
Good to know this about my favorite cigar,,will keep this in the front of my brain instead of the back where most of my $hit is stored.:-)
[Reply]
Nimbus 04:51 PM 01-07-2009
I do not recall an plugged or uneven burned Opus X. Very good smokes when you can afford them. :-)
[Reply]
Silound 06:48 PM 01-07-2009
Funny so many people speak so well of them. In the 30 or so I've smoked and experimented with storing, I've yet to smoke one that didn't have some sort of plug or burn issue.

Luckily, I'm not a picky smoker per se, so I correct or use a draw tool as necessary. :-)
[Reply]
Sauer Grapes 08:57 PM 01-07-2009
That's some bad luck.
[Reply]
Silound 09:07 PM 01-07-2009
Originally Posted by Sauer Grapes:
That's some bad luck.
Really, it must be, because I can't see anyone else having that kind of bad luck. I've tried storing them at different humidity levels over time and everything, but nothing seemed to work.

I will grant you, all but maybe 3 of those Opus were less than two years old, and the couple that were older burned considerably differently (plugs rather than runs) so I could have just gotten a handful of bad ones from that year.
[Reply]
CigaSkills9 09:27 PM 01-07-2009
Obviously, a bad batch..I have smoked many and many Opus X's, too include the ones in the Toast Across America. Never had a bad burn or bad taste. Dont give up on them just yet!
[Reply]
Serts 02:52 AM 01-08-2009
i have smoked a small size and i never had a plugged one or a uneven burn
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up