Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Island (The other ones) Reviews>LFD ligero Cabinet Oscuro
Red 08:58 AM 09-12-2009
Smoked one of these last night after a long evening of drinking at the MicroBrew festival, didnt get to snap any pics this time but it did happen!

The wrapper on this gar is sooo greasy it burnt super slow and super even.

I love strong cigars that melt your face everytime you take a puff and this one did just that! Possibly the Cigar of the year for me!!!!

very rich flavors thru out of almost everything on the flavor wheel, ill have to smoke one a little more sober next time and give some better breakdowns LOL.

But if you like em strong and rich..this one is the winner!

and you gotta love that LFD is always consistant so i know what to expect next time i smoke one.
[Reply]
captain53 09:04 AM 09-12-2009
Thanks for the review, I am also a huge LFD fan but don't smoke them as much now days since their prices have skyrocketed over the past year or to. Since I smoke drunk most of the time guess this review might be more appropriate than a sober one!
[Reply]
Red 09:05 AM 09-12-2009
Originally Posted by captain53:
Thanks for the review, I am also a huge LFD fan but don't smoke them as much now days since their prices have skyrocketed over the past year or to. Since I smoke drunk most of the time guess this review might be more appropriate than a sober one!
yah they are not cheap that is for sure! Make SURE you grab this one tho...so awesome
[Reply]
G G 09:23 AM 09-12-2009
Thanks for the review.:-)
[Reply]
gvarsity 12:12 PM 09-12-2009
Looks yummy. I love Litto's blends.
[Reply]
BlackIrish 04:44 PM 09-12-2009
Yeah, these are delicious -- rich, complex, strong, but balanced. Thanks for the review.
[Reply]
SkinsFanLarry 07:03 PM 09-12-2009
Great cigar and great review Chad! :-)
[Reply]
kelmac07 08:55 PM 09-12-2009
Thanks for the review...sitting on one of these. :-)
[Reply]
Red 10:14 PM 09-12-2009
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
Thanks for the review...sitting on one of these. :-)
dont sit to long! your missing out :-)
[Reply]
njstone 09:01 PM 09-14-2009
I smoked an L-400 Oscuro (my first LFD) and liked it enough to buy an extra box a friend had. Very nice cigar! LFD / Lito Gomez is a cigar maker that I'd like to get more familiar with.
[Reply]
Pilon 09:05 PM 09-14-2009
I'm with you on this one Chad. Got a fiver of these and they went fast. I have some double ligeros left that won't last long I'm sure.
[Reply]
roughrider 09:19 PM 09-14-2009
I smoked one from a 5-pack. Can't wait to light up the rest.
[Reply]
kelmac07 09:56 PM 09-14-2009
I keep reading this review over and over...wanting to save the one in the humi. I don't think it's gonna make it.
[Reply]
BeerAdvocate 06:55 AM 09-15-2009
Red, How does it feel to post a review and not get 30 smart a$$ replies and to stay on topic through out the thread?? :-)
I need to try some LFD!
[Reply]
itsme_timd 07:01 AM 09-15-2009
Originally Posted by BeerAdvocate:
Red, How does it feel to post a review and not get 30 smart a$$ replies and to stay on topic through out the thread?? :-)
I need to try some LFD!
LOL, I was thinking the same thing!

Nice review Red... you know I love the LFD's. My local has been out of stock for a while on many of the sizes, I'll need to venture out and see if I can find these.
[Reply]
Steve 07:32 AM 09-15-2009
Great cigar...thanks for the review!
[Reply]
Red 07:53 AM 09-15-2009
Originally Posted by BeerAdvocate:
I need to try some LFD!
hey, this is why mulitple places exists..i need both!!! :-)
[Reply]
JJG 01:11 PM 09-15-2009
I finally tried a LFD a few months back based on all the great reviews and also because I'm a big Dominican fan. Well the cigar was great for sure! very strong but also balanced and sweet. The one thing that was a bit of a disappointment was the fact that it tasted exactly like a Nicaraguan. :-) That's not a bad thing, just not what I was expecting.

I will definitely have to try more Litto stuff in the future.
[Reply]
Kreth 01:57 PM 09-15-2009
Thanks for the review.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Red 04:29 PM 09-15-2009
Originally Posted by JJG:
I finally tried a LFD a few months back based on all the great reviews and also because I'm a big Dominican fan. Well the cigar was great for sure! very strong but also balanced and sweet. The one thing that was a bit of a disappointment was the fact that it tasted exactly like a Nicaraguan. :-) That's not a bad thing, just not what I was expecting.

I will definitely have to try more Litto stuff in the future.
im pretty sure LFD uses some nic tobac as well...the factory is probably in the dominican...but tobacs from wherever....(but im guessing)
im not a dominican fan either..unless it says LFD on the bad
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up