Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Isla de Cuba 376 Blend
NCRadioMan 10:02 AM 10-15-2008
Originaly written on 9-9-08

This was the toro version I had today on the golf course and I was asked to take this cigar for a spin to see how it preformed for the b&m.

Very nice box-press with no viens to speak of in the conecticut broadleaf wrapper. A very well constructed cigar. Draw was perfect. The filler is nic and dominican and started out very floral, almost too floral for my tastes and about an inch in it changed, thankfully, to more of a slightly sweet, creamy, leathery/earthy taste. Pretty much stayed that way until the final third and the floral notes kicked back in, with a vengence but for some reason I found it more pleasant then when I first lit it up. Ash was very loose and fell often. All in all, a good mild-medium smoke. Frankly, it surprised me.
[Reply]
bigloo 10:38 PM 07-09-2009
Smoked my first one tonight, a robusto. This is actually a pretty dam good cigar. I had two and will definitely be smoking the other. I found it to be a slightly spicy and nutty cigar with a good deal of creaminess. Medium bodied with really good flavor. I have no idea how much I paid for it but a quick search showed around $5-6 which is about right. If you find one, give is a twirl, I too was surprised how nice this cigar is.
[Reply]
Biglizard1 12:51 PM 07-11-2009
My cousin recently gifted me one of these and I have not yet tried it, I look forward to seeing if my taste experience is similar!
[Reply]
Tenor CS 03:40 PM 07-11-2009
I heard these guys went out of business. True?
[Reply]
bigloo 04:08 PM 07-11-2009
I have not heard anything. I read somewhere that Altatis owns it.. maybe the sold out?
[Reply]
joetownhound 04:38 AM 09-12-2009
Originally Posted by Tenor CS:
I heard these guys went out of business. True?
True it was a Tampa based company that went out of business. Met the owner at a event at the local B&M I go to.
[Reply]
Up