Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
All Cigar Discussion>New cigar Magazine "The Cigar Network"
tx_tuff 02:04 PM 01-10-2011
There is a new cigar magazine out there brought to you by Stephen Boyajian "AKA sboyajian on twitter and forums" , and the key point is that it is written for and buy the cigar smoker. People just like use in forums on twitter etc... The first issue is free online http://thecigarnetwork.com/magazine.asp and includes a interview with 601's Eddie Ortega, cigar ratings by cigar smokers (not some board) and more. The next issue will be in print and online, check it out.
[Reply]
688sonarmen 02:12 PM 01-10-2011
I checked it out and it is a very good magazine. I like how there are articles from most of the cigar bloggers we all know. The ratings are similar to top 25 cigar and IMHO subject to the hype of the cigar not necessarily the quality of the smoke. That is my only down side, other than that I will be subscribing to it.
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 02:16 PM 01-10-2011
I really enjoyed this issue. Hoping it stays around a long time!
[Reply]
tx_tuff 02:17 PM 01-10-2011
Originally Posted by 688sonarmen:
I checked it out and it is a very good magazine. I like how there are articles from most of the cigar bloggers we all know. The ratings are similar to top 25 cigar and IMHO subject to the hype of the cigar not necessarily the quality of the smoke. That is my only down side, other than that I will be subscribing to it.
Whats good about the cigar ratings is that you can be added to those that rated them. On thecigarnetwork.com you can add your own rating to the database there or add a new cigar and rating. Its as fair as a cigar rating can be I think.
[Reply]
mpd340 02:43 PM 01-10-2011
Checked it out hope it gets enough attention to hang around!

:-)
[Reply]
Springsman 02:55 PM 01-10-2011
wow...loved it! I'm gonna spring for the subscription I think!
[Reply]
justonemorestick 04:22 PM 01-10-2011
Might be worth checking out.
[Reply]
polobear 04:25 PM 01-10-2011
Thumbs up on these guys! Hope to see them around for a long time.
[Reply]
jesseboston81 05:03 PM 01-10-2011
Thanks for the link, going to read it as soon as I get a chance.
[Reply]
kelmac07 05:33 PM 01-10-2011
Damn fine first issue. :-) :-)
[Reply]
Matt-N-Ga 06:18 PM 01-10-2011
Kinda weird seeing all the contributors and people that helped get it going and sayin, " I know him, and him, and him." Pretty cool, glad to see it come to life.
[Reply]
Costa 07:10 PM 01-10-2011
Great find, thanks! Pulled the trigger on a years subscription, looks like a really good read.
[Reply]
Eleven 08:48 PM 01-10-2011
Does anyone know Stephen Boyajian?

He looks very similar to Willian Boyajian, former President of the Gemological Institute of America. Them crazy Armenians have their hands in everything!
[Reply]
RevSmoke 10:20 PM 01-10-2011
Their reviews contain quips from their website, yourcigarratings.com. I was just paging through them and noticed on page 31 some familiar words in their rating of the Cabaiguan Robusto Extra - yeah, my words made it into the magazine. Cool!

I didn't know that would happen.
[Reply]
RevSmoke 10:29 PM 01-10-2011
Originally Posted by RevSmoke:
Their reviews contain quips from their website, yourcigarratings.com. I was just paging through them and noticed on page 31 some familiar words in their rating of the Cabaiguan Robusto Extra - yeah, my words made it into the magazine. Cool!

I didn't know that would happen.
The big blue balloon quote was me.

As I turned the page, there was my stuff about the the La Flor Dominicana Air Bender Matatan - grey bubble.

Pretty cool.

Like I said, I went over there to read, registered and then reviewed a few cigars. Funny to see yourself in print. Thought it was funny when they had me as a reviewer for SMOKE too.
[Reply]
dannysguitar 10:18 AM 01-11-2011
Originally Posted by Eleven:
Does anyone know Stephen Boyajian?

He looks very similar to Willian Boyajian, former President of the Gemological Institute of America. Them crazy Armenians have their hands in everything!
I believe Stephen is on here no?
[Reply]
sboyajian 10:25 AM 01-11-2011
No relation.. but yes, all of us Armenians have similarities. :-)

Rev -- Thank you for using YourCigarRatings. I think consumer ratings are the best way to tell manufacturers and consumers what's out there.

Thanks for the support guys (and the subscription Craig!)
[Reply]
Eleven 02:10 PM 01-11-2011
Originally Posted by sboyajian:
No relation.. but yes, all of us Armenians have similarities. :-)
You could be his son, look him up!
[Reply]
DennisP 03:05 PM 01-11-2011
Liked the look and found most of it interesting. Didn't agree with the articles about Cubans and wish they had more focus on them. Reviews were interesting, although with no regards to years they really may not be reviewing the same cigar.
[Reply]
RevSmoke 04:28 PM 01-11-2011
Originally Posted by DennisP:
Liked the look and found most of it interesting. Didn't agree with the articles about Cubans and wish they had more focus on them. Reviews were interesting, although with no regards to years they really may not be reviewing the same cigar.
While you are indeed correct, I am curious where you have seen a review site that states the years of the cigar smoked?
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up