Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
All Cigar Discussion>problem with call in order...
Devanmc 08:45 PM 11-30-2010
As some of you many know i am working to do a split of the Viaje holiday blend.
Well one of the shops i was going to be ordering from. told me today that my grandfather called in to complain that im apparently 17. Which is bullshit since im definitively not and she basically told me to piss off either way. Even though Im active duty military and would be faxing in a copy of both my military id and state ID for age verification. Anyone else ever have issues like this?

id like to post the shops name but i believe that would be against forum rules, so ill refrain from that.
[Reply]
tobii3 08:47 PM 11-30-2010
Get your ID card OFF the internet, Devan.
[Reply]
Bill86 08:51 PM 11-30-2010
Your address is on there, get those off the net brother!

No I never had any problems with vendors I just pay with a debit/credit card over the phone and I'm good as gold.
[Reply]
Devanmc 08:52 PM 11-30-2010
well removed probably not the smartest idea im just pissed right now.
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 08:55 PM 11-30-2010
Well, DID your Grandfather actually call them? If so, that seems like an issue between the both of you.

Either way, sending them your ID should clear it up, and it not keep going until you hit the top.

Otherwise, have someone else run the group buy, if you need to buy from that store.
[Reply]
nick2021 08:56 PM 11-30-2010
Maybe I'm in the minority, but why would your grandfather go through the trouble to do that? Also, good move on removing it...OPSEC bro :-)
[Reply]
Devanmc 09:01 PM 11-30-2010
Originally Posted by Emjaysmash:
Well, DID your Grandfather actually call them? If so, that seems like an issue between the both of you.

Either way, sending them your ID should clear it up, and it not keep going until you hit the top.

Otherwise, have someone else run the group buy, if you need to buy from that store.
lmao no, he doesn't even know im doing this or any of the information for it. Even if he did he wouldn't do anything because im 20 and he doesn't interfere with those kind of things. He barely knows i smoke cigars much less this.

she also was the top, she said she was the owner. I offered to fax in my IDs and she said it wouldn't be acceptable. :-)
[Reply]
Brooks W 09:16 PM 11-30-2010
Perhaps they are not getting the cigars, and this is a way to blow you off without telling you?

~brooks
[Reply]
forgop 09:28 PM 11-30-2010
This is an easy decision-take your money elsewhere.
[Reply]
CoreyD 09:49 PM 11-30-2010
I say run a document have oodles sign it and send it to her to show her 150+ just boycotted her store
[Reply]
Devanmc 09:59 PM 11-30-2010
Haha I wish but as I noted first. I'm pretty sure isn't against forum rules or is generally looked down upon posting the stores name and info, from a situation like this. If not ill post it. Its not like I didn't find the information easily online in the first place.
[Reply]
leafandale 10:07 PM 11-30-2010
you can't flame a retailer because they may legitimately feel like someone is going to try to pass off a fake ID on them. Jeez. Even though he's probably 20 (and we don't have any reason to doubt him), if you're the store owner, who are you going to believe... the 20 year old or granddad? If the retailer is spooked, take the biz elsewhere. No need to make some kind of example of them on this forum just for trying to protect their business. Forgop (Duane) is right.
[Reply]
Devanmc 10:12 PM 11-30-2010
That's the thing. Id be showing 3 forums. My cc, my military Id and my state id. That's a hell of a lot of work to buy some cigars with fake IDs. :-)

Also the flamage part is why I have not posted any information on the store. I'm just pissed and getting some frustration out while getting others input on the matter.
[Reply]
Chemyst 09:16 PM 12-02-2010
Age is only important to those that need some.

Chemyst :-)
[Reply]
Bill86 09:20 PM 12-02-2010
Originally Posted by leafandale:
you can't flame a retailer because they may legitimately feel like someone is going to try to pass off a fake ID on them. Jeez. Even though he's probably 20 (and we don't have any reason to doubt him), if you're the store owner, who are you going to believe... the 20 year old or granddad? If the retailer is spooked, take the biz elsewhere. No need to make some kind of example of them on this forum just for trying to protect their business. Forgop (Duane) is right.
But seriously who in ANY mindset would fake a military ID, drivers license and state ID just to score some cigars? IMO if they successfully did all 3 they deserve to buy the lousy cigars. Seriously if someone shows you a fake MILITARY ID....."I think I didn't know it was a fake military ID" would hold up just fine in court.
[Reply]
Darrell 09:21 PM 12-02-2010
You posted your CAC card on the internet?

You're EOD. I thought you guys were smarter than that. :-)

Oh wait. You're Army EOD. :-)
[Reply]
joeobx 09:49 PM 12-02-2010
Originally Posted by Darrell:
You posted your CAC card on the internet?

You're EOD. I thought you guys were smarter than that. :-)

Oh wait. You're Army EOD. :-)
OH DAM, here we go :-) :-)
[Reply]
Darrell 10:22 PM 12-02-2010
Originally Posted by joeobx:
OH DAM, here we go :-) :-)
Go Air Force! :-)
[Reply]
sammyboy405 10:37 PM 12-02-2010
Originally Posted by Darrell:
Go Air Force! :-)
:-)