Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Carlos Toranos Virtuoso
KASR 10:06 AM 10-18-2010
Soooo....I was supposed to stop smoking cigars....but the two boxes of Toranos Virutosos and a handful of the Toranos Brigades - tell a different story! :-)

The virtuoso has always been one of my favorite cigars - from it's thick chewy ring gauge to it's beautiful dark wrapper. This Nic/Honduran smoke remains consistent from beginning to end and NEVER disappoints (atleast for me!)
Smoke this over coffee, at the course, in the garage playing ping pong, after dinner, before dinner - it truly is an "anytime" smoke that delivers time after time!

As long as they exist, I don't think I'll ever quite smoking! Oh well...I tried! :-)
[Reply]
bigheadmark 07:15 PM 10-18-2010
If you like Torano, I encourage you to try the Torano Signature....it's my favorite Torano cigar
[Reply]
kelmac07 07:27 PM 10-18-2010
Originally Posted by bigheadmark:
If you like Torano, I encourage you to try the Torano Signature....it's my favorite Torano cigar
X2 :-) :-)
[Reply]
nayslayer 07:35 PM 10-18-2010
I had a few of the Fortress sticks and liked them too
[Reply]
pektel 07:38 PM 10-18-2010
I had a torano tribute torpedo that I absolutely adored. One nc that I will continue to smoke.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Ferrari5180 07:43 PM 10-18-2010
I have the Virtuoso Forte Toro, and I must say that these are some tasty and smooth smokes. So far Carlos Torano seems to make good sticks. Next time I will pick up a different line and see where I stand on that. Back on topic, I am glad that you still enjoy smoking cigars. I suppose that is why we are all still here chatting as well.
[Reply]
Gargoyle 09:09 PM 10-18-2010
I really like most of the Torano line, but the Virtuoso and Exodus 1959 are the best IMHO. :-)
[Reply]
boom 07:24 AM 10-19-2010
I had High hopes for this cigar and tried one the first time on Sunday... It was very bitter.... So bitter I set it down half way down... No signs of build up a the head so who knows...Had sitting for about 6 mo... maybe I gt a bad one.... I'll have to revisit this one again....
[Reply]
bigheadmark 10:26 AM 10-19-2010
it's interesting you say that...I had stored some cigars for several months in a humidor (El Diablo Humidor) I purchased from a popular online site...they were stored at 65% RH,...they developed a bitter flavor, and lost much of their appealing cigar smoke aromas...acrid like.....I'm wondering if the glue that they use in the humidor affected the cigars...or maybe it was not real spanish cedar? they claimed that it was real spanish cedar on their site....
or......if the RH is too high, then it WILL affect the flavor
[Reply]
Dunkel 10:33 AM 10-19-2010
Originally Posted by boom:
I had High hopes for this cigar and tried one the first time on Sunday... It was very bitter.... So bitter I set it down half way down... No signs of build up a the head so who knows...Had sitting for about 6 mo... maybe I gt a bad one.... I'll have to revisit this one again....
I agree. I tried to smoke one the other day that I was gifted awhile back. It was awful.
[Reply]
Montano 11:15 AM 10-19-2010
I really enjoy this cigar. Have yet to get a bad one.....
[Reply]
Up