Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>CI Blendlab ZF-544
AUguy 05:34 PM 03-28-2011
I have not done many reviews so don't expect too much from this.

ZF-544
5x44
Wrapper: Triple fermented Costa Rican Maduro
Binder: Jalapa Viso
Filler: Dominican Seco, Honduran Ligero, Nicaraguan Viso
Strength: medium
Price: $4.00

Construction: No soft spots and no big veins. Good looking cigar

First Third: Started bland with just a hint of spice. Not much going on the first half inch. At 1 inch a strong leather with some coffee and spice appeared all at once. Ash fell off at 1.5 inches.

Second Third: Leather, wood, coffee with a slight spice. Almost salty aftertaste.

Final Third: The wrapper split pretty bad at this point. The leather and wood continued but with a bitter aftertaste. The bitterness left after a few puffs and it was back to leather, wood, and coffee but with a creamy aftertaste. The spice was almost completely gone at this point. Despite the split wrapper the burn was flawless.

Overall this was not a bad smoke at all. I usually prefer more full bodied cigars but this was a medium bodied treat. For 4 bucks a stick I would definitely buy a few more of these before they are gone. The blendlab cigars are only made in small batches. The blendlab concept is pretty unique. If you have not tried any of these then go read up on them at cigars international.
[Reply]
whodeeni 05:44 PM 03-28-2011
Great review & pics William.....

Btw.....Did you move to PA?
[Reply]
AUguy 05:58 PM 03-28-2011
Originally Posted by whodeeni:
Great review & pics William.....

Btw.....Did you move to PA?

No, I am working in NJ until mid July.
[Reply]
HollywoodQue 06:42 PM 03-28-2011
Thanks for the review brother
[Reply]
swh127 07:19 PM 03-28-2011
Thank you for the review. I am also a fan of the blend lab. You get to try different blend combinations without being biased by the band.
[Reply]
Scottw 07:20 PM 03-28-2011
I smoked one of these a few weeks back and really enjoyed it.
[Reply]
Up