Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 13 of 21
« First < 3111213 1415 > Last »
Sports>Tom Brady
dave 08:17 AM 07-29-2015
"But my lawyers said...and I'm a union guy, so you can't.....and....blah blah blah..."

Reading his 'statement', my eyes rolled so far into the back of my head that I'm still staring at the ceiling and laughing...
[Reply]
Blueface 08:18 AM 07-29-2015
Originally Posted by massphatness:
Brady's getting KILLED where it's going to hurt the most: his reputation & legacy.

I can't imagine a scenario where sports fans (at least those in the 44 states outside New England) don't think of him in the same way as they do Barry Bonds & A-Rod. When he trashed his phone, he trashed his reputation. No longer matters what the courts say, in the court of public opinion, he's done.
So true.
If he didn't want to set a precedent by turning over his personal phone, lock it up in a safe and wait for the court order, if one ever did come.
[Reply]
dijit 08:24 AM 07-29-2015
I was waiting for the fans to get all over his jock in support once the suspension was upheld. I do agree though since there is a considerable amount of money at stake teams will do whatever they think they can get away with to win. It just turns out Brady and the Patriots are under this illusion they wont be caught or wont be punished when they are. I also still believe the NFL plays favorites depending on who is in trouble or how much trouble. Drunk driving and heroin possession is only 2 games? Steroids first offense 1 to 10 games, second offense 4 games to life reduced to one season. There are numerous other references that could be made as well. Simply put he got caught he tried to hide it and got caught hiding it. He should have just manned up from the beginning admit it and defied the NFL to treat him unfairly according to their already warped sense of right and justifiable punishment.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 11:58 AM 07-29-2015
For all those who say Brady's reputation is done; would you trade your QB for him right now? If not, why?
[Reply]
dijit 12:38 PM 07-29-2015
I wouldnt but that is because while I believe he is a great QB he is at the twilight of his career while our QB is at the beginning. However he would be a kick ass back up! I still dont like him though.
[Reply]
massphatness 12:45 PM 07-29-2015
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
For all those who say Brady's reputation is done; would you trade your QB for him right now? If not, why?
I said his reputation in the public arena is done -- doesn't mean he's not a fantastic QB. I'm a Bills fan. I'll take Brady over the flotsam & jetsam my team's assembled at that position. Hell, I'll take Garoppolo.

This isn't about Brady's abilities on the field. It's about his legacy. Four Super Bowl titles; MVP in 3 of them -- all tarnished because of this. Outside of New England, he's basically A-Rod in shoulder pads.
[Reply]
Blueface 12:51 PM 07-29-2015
Nope.
Wouldn't do it before either.
Mine has beaten him twice in Super Bowls.:-)
[Reply]
shilala 01:30 PM 07-29-2015
Tom Brady can use my balls.
[Reply]
icehog3 01:34 PM 07-29-2015
I will trade Jay Cutler for him, and even throw in George Halas' frozen head, Moses. :-)
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 01:35 PM 07-29-2015
Originally Posted by AdamJoshua:
Well the only problem here is that Brady *and the rest of the league* will be using balls that are inflated correctly, making fumbles and dropped catches for the patriots closer to the league average and not have overly incredible numbers in those areas which make a huge difference. Other than that .. .yes it's wonderful cork board material. :-)
Including Aaron Rodgers, who unequivocally stated he sneaked over-inflated balls into games...yet not a single NFL fan or league official seems to care.
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 01:47 PM 07-29-2015
And meanwhile, as people still obsess over this ridiculousness, Adrian Pederson reported to training camp and was greeted with cheers. Really, cheers? Of course, he didn't do anything as offensive as tampering with footballs, he only whipped a four-year old boy so savagely on the legs, buttocks, genitals, and thighs that six hours after the beating the wounds were still seeping blood. But hey, that son-of-a-gun can run with a football really well, so who cares...
[Reply]
Dave128 01:49 PM 07-29-2015
No. I would not want Brady on my team. He's good, but he carries way too much baggage. Besides, to second a previous comment, my QB has already beaten him in 2 Super Bowls.
[Reply]
Stephen 02:06 PM 07-29-2015
Nope. Because we have bar none the best quarterback in the league leading our team. :-)
[Reply]
dave 02:18 PM 07-29-2015
Originally Posted by shilala:
Tom Brady can use my balls.
Are your balls perfect?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xT9pygVQwgk
[Reply]
dijit 02:21 PM 07-29-2015
Originally Posted by dave:
Are your balls perfect?
Mine are
[Reply]
The Poet 02:24 PM 07-29-2015
I would not. I don't like dicks on my team. The stench makes me ill.
[Reply]
The Poet 02:28 PM 07-29-2015
Originally Posted by Porch Dweller:
And meanwhile, as people still obsess over this ridiculousness, Adrian Pederson reported to training camp and was greeted with cheers. Really, cheers? Of course, he didn't do anything as offensive as tampering with footballs, he only whipped a four-year old boy so savagely on the legs, buttocks, genitals, and thighs that six hours after the beating the wounds were still seeping blood. But hey, that son-of-a-gun can run with a football really well, so who cares...
Do you expect Tom Brady to be greeted by boos from Pats fans? :-)

But hey, that son-of-a-lying-cheating-evidence destroyer can throw a football really well, so who cares....
[Reply]
Blueface 02:32 PM 07-29-2015
Originally Posted by The Poet:
Do you expect Tom Brady to be greeted by boos from Pats fans? :-)

But hey, that son-of-a-lying-cheating-evidence destroyer can throw a DEFLATED football really well, so who cares....
Fixed.:-)
[Reply]
icehog3 02:35 PM 07-29-2015
Originally Posted by The Poet:
I would not. I don't like dicks on my team. The stench makes me ill.
Please explain ARod. :-)
[Reply]
The Poet 02:43 PM 07-29-2015
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Please explain ARod. :-)
Explain what? He's a dick, I don't like him on my team, and his stench makes me ill. :-)

Still, he does differ from Brady in two respects. Imprimis, he has been a model citizen so far this year, and kept his mouth shut even when prodded, e.g. with the landmark bonus issue and the ballhog holding his 3000th hit hostage. Secundus, he protested a 200+ game suspension, and served the 162 game one. Brady is whining about a lousy 4 games.
[Reply]
Page 13 of 21
« First < 3111213 1415 > Last »
Up