Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
General Discussion>I know why they call them Crackberrys!
19thHole 08:21 AM 01-03-2009
I am an absolute crackberry addict as well. I have 7 different email addresses going to it. I use it for everything, alarm to get me up, reminder to picks things up on the way home from work, calendars, voice notes, maps, you name it. If it just had a lighter on it....
[Reply]
neoflex 10:00 AM 01-03-2009
I have gotten to the point where I now need a Blackberry and my only dilemma now is whether to go with the Curve or the Storm. I really like the Bold but it is not out yet for Verizon and if I know Verizon they will just dummy it down so you have to pay for everything anyway, like eliminating Wi-Fi on the Storm. I really like everything about the Storm and have played with it a little bit but I do know a few people that have had some issues with it that seem pretty common with Storm users so I am wondering if I should just go with the Curve as it seems to be tried and true or just take the chance with the Storm and hope that software updates come out rapidly to eliminate the current issues plaguing it. I am also contemplating parting ways with Verizon simply because I am tired of them dummying down their phones so you need to pay for everything right down to ringtones like my current phone. I can send ringtones to the phone through the free websites but it does not allow you to use them for ringtones. Verizon has found every way possible to nickle and dime their customers and I am honestly getting tired of it.
[Reply]
ca21455 10:12 AM 01-03-2009
I use one for work, really handy but I do not know how to use about 70% of the functions. :-)
[Reply]
dunng 10:27 AM 01-03-2009
Just a heads up for any of the techies out there... I use RDM+ (www.rdmplus.com) on my BB to remote in to my work PC. It has come in handy many times! :-)
[Reply]
ahc4353 10:32 AM 01-03-2009
You mean a BB is more than just a phone!?
[Reply]
barbourjay 10:56 AM 01-05-2009
Originally Posted by neoflex:
I have gotten to the point where I now need a Blackberry and my only dilemma now is whether to go with the Curve or the Storm. I really like the Bold but it is not out yet for Verizon and if I know Verizon they will just dummy it down so you have to pay for everything anyway, like eliminating Wi-Fi on the Storm. I really like everything about the Storm and have played with it a little bit but I do know a few people that have had some issues with it that seem pretty common with Storm users so I am wondering if I should just go with the Curve as it seems to be tried and true or just take the chance with the Storm and hope that software updates come out rapidly to eliminate the current issues plaguing it. I am also contemplating parting ways with Verizon simply because I am tired of them dummying down their phones so you need to pay for everything right down to ringtones like my current phone. I can send ringtones to the phone through the free websites but it does not allow you to use them for ringtones. Verizon has found every way possible to nickle and dime their customers and I am honestly getting tired of it.
get any blackberry and you can make your own MP3 ring tones. you will never have to pay for them again. also VZW didn't lock down wifi, it was a choice to have it removed completely. the newest software updates for the curve/storm all have everything unlocked so the phones are at full capability. if you want wifi then get an overseas storm and unlock it. there are instructions out there if you want them.

BTW, the storm sucks. get the curve or wait a few months and get the bold.
[Reply]
Texan in Mexico 11:47 AM 01-05-2009
They have got to be one of the best and worst inventions of all time!

I have used one for work for about five years now and it is certainly an enabler for most of us.

As an aside, I use mine more than I use my laptop in the office. Buyer beware with the Storm, might be cute for text messaging but if you use it for work e-mail it is a bad option IMHO.
[Reply]
IBQTEE1 09:20 AM 01-06-2009
I am on my third Blackberry. I got my Curve last summer. The excitement does fad a little bit!!:-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up