Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 58 of 69
« First < 848565758 596068 > Last »
Discussion>Latest Pipe-Related Purchase Thread
stevieray 06:16 PM 02-25-2016
Originally Posted by Mr.Maduro:
Here are some of my latest pickups...
That Savinelli is pretty sweet. Nice pick ups Patrick. :-)
[Reply]
stevieray 06:21 PM 02-25-2016
Originally Posted by MarkinCA:
Stevie Ray, that Boswell OP looks massive and nice rustication. The Bones is a beauty too. I just received a last addition in yesterday to the Meerschaum family, and will attempt to post a photo up later...
Yeah, the OP has a massive bowl. Took a while to finish the first bowl....like hours, LOL. Nice cool smoke though. Looking forward to pics of your Meer. I have yet to acquire one, and have just started reading up and learning about Meerschaum.
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 09:03 PM 02-25-2016
Some President's Day pickups...
Great selection of weed Patrick:-)
[Reply]
gbum 10:04 PM 02-25-2016
latakia rules... :-)

Peterson Balkan Delight
Dunhill Nigh Cap
[Reply]
CoffeeWaterBeer 08:58 AM 02-26-2016
How is Pete's Balkan, I haven't tried it yet.
[Reply]
gbum 08:18 PM 02-27-2016
Originally Posted by CoffeeWaterBeer:
How is Pete's Balkan, I haven't tried it yet.
Nice smoke id say with my limited experience 😬,woody and smoky from the latakia and pungent and peppery from the prerique i think...
[Reply]
CoffeeWaterBeer 06:32 AM 02-29-2016
I'll give it a spin, I usually enjoy Pete's non-aromatics.

Picked up a tin of Sam Gawith's Summer English Flake from my B&M Sunday. Decent mild VA flake. I was hoping it was a Lat flake but the tin said nothing and I didn't other checking my phone first.
[Reply]
stevieray 09:15 AM 03-03-2016
Picked up a nice reverse calabash stubby dublin from pipe maker Paul Menard.

[Reply]
MarkinAZ 10:04 AM 03-03-2016
Nice looking briar and carving Steve:-) It will definitely place that bowl up close to your nose:-)
[Reply]
CoffeeWaterBeer 06:22 AM 03-04-2016
Very nice Steve, gorgeous piece.

Some tins came in yesterday:
Blakeney's Best Latakia Flake
Dan Ironsides
Another Samovar to add to the pile
and a sample of Bourbon Bleu

Bourbon Bleu is pretty darn good, I may grab a few tins to hold on to .
[Reply]
Mr.Maduro 12:48 PM 03-12-2016
Well I officially have my 1st Pipe show checked of the to do list.

It was really nice. It's nice to be able to see the pipes up close and hold them in your hands. Wide range of pipes also from Savinelli to Meerschaum to absolutely stunning Artisan masterpieces as well as beautifully restored estates.

I met Rick Newcombe, the author of In Search of Pipe Dreams and bought a copy that he autographed for me. I told him I was fairly new to pipe smoking so he brought me over to the Lane tablenand recommended some samples of Medal of Valor and Crown.

Speaking of samples, I got a bunch of different ones from GL Pease Virginia Cream, C&D Straight Up English, John Cotton's 1, & 1&2, War Horse, Bengal Slices, Lane 1Q, and a few different Solani blends.

The reps from Savinelli, C&D, and Standard Tobacco Company were all very nice to talk with.

Here is the entire haul...

The tin with no label is McC 5100 from '93. The pipes are a (unsmoked) Peterson Millennium Edition Dublin and a new Savinelli 320.
[Reply]
WhiteMamba 04:00 PM 03-12-2016
Nice haul! I went to a golf expo today and all I got were some free tee's seems like pipe shows are a lot better.
[Reply]
stevieray 06:17 PM 03-12-2016
Looks like you scored some good stuff Patrick. I think I'll be adding "pipe show" to my bucket list.
[Reply]
jsnake 08:31 PM 03-12-2016
Made a Viaje trade for these. Very happy!
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 09:36 PM 03-12-2016
The tin with no label is McC 5100 from '93. The pipes are a (unsmoked) Peterson Millennium Edition Dublin and a new Savinelli 320.
Happy to hear you had a great time at your 1st Patrick. Great looking samples too.

I missed last years show, but this year, I'm heading over to the West Coast Pipe Show in Las Vegas. November 5 and 6, 2016:

http://www.westcoastpipeshow.com/

Originally Posted by jsnake:
Great looking pocket pipes Jake:-)

This is the latest addition to my meerschaum family, an F. Baki...

[Reply]
stevieray 09:53 PM 03-12-2016
Nice looking pipes. I'm familiar with the pipes on the left and right....who made the one in the center?
[Reply]
jsnake 10:16 PM 03-12-2016
Originally Posted by stevieray:
Nice looking pipes. I'm familiar with the pipes on the left and right....who made the one in the center?
J Deschaine from jdsmoking pipes. I fired it up already and it smokes perfectly. I was pretty excited about these.
[Reply]
stevieray 10:21 PM 03-12-2016
J Deschaine from jdsmoking pipes. I fired it up already and it smokes perfectly. I was pretty excited about these.
:-) :-)
[Reply]
mahtofire14 08:35 PM 03-15-2016
Anybody have any thoughts on the St Patrick's day blend from Peterson?
[Reply]
jsnake 08:45 PM 03-15-2016
Originally Posted by mahtofire14:
Anybody have any thoughts on the St Patrick's day blend from Peterson?
I have a sealed tin but haven't cracked it open yet. I may on Thursday. I heard last year's was fantastic which they now make as a regular blend called Founders Choice.
[Reply]
Page 58 of 69
« First < 848565758 596068 > Last »
Up