Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Entertainment>Do you have a favorite movie?
icehog3 10:52 AM 08-14-2015
Can't do it either, so I'll try by genre.

Western - Unforgiven
Horror - The Shining
Drama - Se7en
Comedy - Pulp Fiction
[Reply]
JIMBETHYNAME 08:02 PM 08-14-2015
fast times at ridgemont high
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 08:48 PM 08-14-2015
Originally Posted by JIMBETHYNAME:
fast times at ridgemont high
We had good damn movies as kids, then the next generation went all stupid for metro-sexual vampires and that was that.

:-)
[Reply]
kelmac07 08:56 PM 08-14-2015
Rudy (Rudy, Rudy, Rudy, Rudy)
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 06:26 AM 08-15-2015
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Can't do it either, so I'll try by genre.

Western - Unforgiven
Horror - The Shining
Drama - Se7en
Comedy - Pulp Fiction

Don't have a favorite western... :-)

Horror - "Session 9" or "Event Horizon"
Comedy - "Friday" or "Up in Smoke"
[Reply]
jonumberone 11:06 AM 08-15-2015
Goodfellas
[Reply]
Col. Kurtz 05:26 PM 08-15-2015
Apocalypse now. Shocker.
[Reply]
JohnnyFlake 09:26 AM 08-16-2015
Several mentioned already, are in my top 25, but stating that one is my favorite, is simply impossible! There have been many great stories put on film, a host of fabulous roles played by far too many actors/actresses and an incredible amount of amazing special effects. Can you really pick one as your absolute favorite over all the others??? I would have a hard time narrowing it down to my top 25!!!
[Reply]
pnoon 10:02 AM 08-16-2015
Originally Posted by JohnnyFlake:
Several mentioned already, are in my top 25, but stating that one is my favorite, is simply impossible! There have been many great stories put on film, a host of fabulous roles played by far too many actors/actresses and an incredible amount of amazing special effects. Can you really pick one as your absolute favorite over all the others??? I would have a hard time narrowing it down to my top 25!!!
[Reply]
Stick 10:53 AM 08-16-2015
Originally Posted by JohnnyFlake:
[SNIP]
Originally Posted by pnoon:
:-) But for the sake of the OP and thread I'll say Clerks.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 06:54 AM 08-17-2015
Originally Posted by Col. Kurtz:
Apocalypse now. Shocker.
Great movie. On my tops list too :-)
[Reply]
wonmotyme 08:29 AM 08-17-2015
The illusionist or The Usual Suspects. Can't decide between the 2
[Reply]
Brian D. 03:18 PM 08-21-2015
Got a weakness for comedy. Seems like critics and the Academy Awards look down on that genre. It's not easy to do one that's clever and hysterical; the actors have to have great timing and inflection unless the film is all slapstick stuff.

Danny DeVito and Billy Crystal still slay me with Throw Momma From The Train . Why they never paired up again I don't get.

So low brow as that might make me it's my favorite movie.
[Reply]
Starscream 06:10 PM 10-27-2015
Most days my favorite movie is "The Empire Stikes Back". Some days "The Goonies" gives "Empire" a run for it's money for my favorite. "The Bride of Frankenstein" is pretty close too. "Empire" only slightly beats those two for me.
[Reply]
heyferg 07:17 PM 10-27-2015
Originally Posted by Subvet642:
The Thin Man (1935) with William Powell and Myrna Loy

LOVE The Thin Man series. I even had a terrier named Asta!
[Reply]
rwiiames 07:46 PM 10-27-2015
Casablanca
[Reply]
shilala 10:47 AM 10-28-2015
No idea.
But if I was hooked up to wires and bedsprings, I could probably narrow it down to something where Christopher Walken at least has a cameo.

Honestly, I have layers of like.
1.) I'll watch it again.
2.) I'll watch it any time someone wants to watch it.
3.) I suggest we watch it when nobody can make a decision and I've already seen it 20+ times.

Then there's movies that are just technically perfect. Well cast, great script. Incredible video. I love a lot of those that I just don't watch as often, but I enjoy as much as anything that might be "my favorite".

Probably something Quentin Tarentino like Pulp Fiction or True Romance.
[Reply]
JohnnyFlake 11:33 AM 10-28-2015
Originally Posted by Porch Dweller:
I'd probably have to say "Miller's Crossing". IMNSHO it's the Coen Bros best film, has flawless performances, the best Tommy Gun scene ever (bonus for Albert Finney restarting his cigar at the end of the scene), some genuinely laugh out loud moments, a complex but accessible plot, some shocking twists and turns, and features some gorgeous cinematography.
The first time I saw it I found it a bit cold and dour. It wasn't until subsequent viewings that I appreciated it fully.
And I know some consider it heresy to say this, but it's as good if not better a gangster film than "The Godfather".

Second place would probably go to "Patton".
"Millers Crossing" is an absolute classic, that almost seems unknown, to most people. A very worthy movie in all respects!

Sadly, I cannot pick a single favorite movie. There are far too many variations, the story line, special effects, the actors themselves, etc. It would be hard for me to pick my top 25 out of the thousands of movies I have seen in my life time!
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 12:43 PM 10-28-2015
Originally Posted by rwiiames:
Casablanca
Love that movie. Can watch that one over and over. The dueling chorus singing in at the bar is such a powerful scene.
[Reply]
icehog3 02:03 PM 10-28-2015
Originally Posted by shilala:

Probably something Quentin Tarentino like Pulp Fiction or True Romance.
Take note, massphatness! :-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up