Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Entertainment>Series on Netflix
ksknnr 07:37 AM 05-17-2016
Anyone have any good suggestions for a series on Netflix? I just finished House of Cards and want to start up something new.
I have watched the following:
Orange is the New Black (wife likes it, actually not bad)
Bloodline
House of Cards
Narcos
I was contemplating starting up Man in the high castle on Amazon but curious what everyone else may be enjoying.
[Reply]
nutcracker 08:08 AM 05-17-2016
Luther - if you haven't seen them yet, I would highly recommend!
[Reply]
ksknnr 08:12 AM 05-17-2016
will definitely give this one a shot, I am big fan of Idris Elba from the Wire
[Reply]
The Poet 08:15 AM 05-17-2016
Daredevil got rave reviews, if you're into that sort of thing. I've never seen it, but it's supposed to be good.
[Reply]
stearns 08:18 AM 05-17-2016
Originally Posted by nutcracker:
Luther - if you haven't seen them yet, I would highly recommend!
Anybody who hasn't watched Luther should, it is a level of gritty cop show that would never air on US networks (it's a BBC show). Three seasons, I think they combine to a total of 14 episodes, so you have no excuse for not watching all of them :-)
[Reply]
dave 08:32 AM 05-17-2016
http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=67338

Detectorists - Great Brit dry comedy
Americans - (If you aren't already watching on FX) Fantastic
Turn - Very good, but....I have a hard time differentiating characters...might be that I haven't paid enough attention since the beginning, but good, nonetheless

Man in High Castle is quite good, however, for me, it nose dived when it pulled the Twilight Zone hi-jinks - as an alternative history it is good - as a dual/parallel universe or time warping 'whatever', it loses me.
[Reply]
the jiggler 04:09 PM 05-17-2016
The Rake. Bloody brilliant.
[Reply]
Drez 04:52 PM 05-17-2016
Originally Posted by dave:
http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=67338

Detectorists - Great Brit dry comedy
Americans - (If you aren't already watching on FX) Fantastic
Turn - Very good, but....I have a hard time differentiating characters...might be that I haven't paid enough attention since the beginning, but good, nonetheless

Man in High Castle is quite good, however, for me, it nose dived when it pulled the Twilight Zone hi-jinks - as an alternative history it is good - as a dual/parallel universe or time warping 'whatever', it loses me.
the americans isnt on netflix but if you have amazon prime i highly recommend it. great show!!!
[Reply]
Adriftpanda 10:18 PM 05-17-2016
Assets is also good
[Reply]
irratebass 05:56 AM 05-18-2016
Unbreakable: Kimmy Schmidt - If you were a fan of 30 Rock, then you may enjoy this. Created by Tina Fey......very funny imo.

I've heard Peaky Blinders is really good, but haven't watched it yet.

I agree on Daredevil, it was very good. & Punisher has been green lit for a series now :-)
[Reply]
jonumberone 06:15 AM 05-18-2016
Just finished both seasons of Bosch on Amazon. I enjoyed it, and especially enjoyed seeing some of The Wire cast members reunited.
I still have a hard time wrapping my head around Jamie Hector as a cop. Every time I see him my brain just says Marlo.
[Reply]
hotreds 06:36 AM 05-18-2016
Well, sorry, but the binge watching I've done is the original Star Trek, S.T. the Next Generation, The Twilight Zone, and Enterprise. Also NCIS, Criminal Minds, Blacklist, Blue Bloods. This last ones being current, I await impatiently for new episodes to come om Netflix! I have enjoyed them all so far, but have had to grit my teeth on a number of episodes of TNG due to obvious left wing slanting.
[Reply]
Sooner 06:50 AM 05-18-2016
Peaky Blinders is Amazing!
The Following with Kevin Bacon
Blacklist with James Spader
Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt is very funny in my opinion.
Vikings
Marco Polo
Hemlock Grove is dark and awesome
American Horror Story

Granted some of those aren't Netflix Original series, but are still worth the binge watch.
[Reply]
the jiggler 10:53 PM 05-18-2016
Originally Posted by jonumberone:
Just finished both seasons of Bosch on Amazon. I enjoyed it, and especially enjoyed seeing some of The Wire cast members reunited.
I still have a hard time wrapping my head around Jamie Hector as a cop. Every time I see him my brain just says Marlo.
I'll second this. Really enjoyed both seasons. Well cast. Well paced. Well scored.
[Reply]
spectrrr 09:26 PM 06-19-2016
Originally Posted by stearns:
Anybody who hasn't watched Luther should, it is a level of gritty cop show that would never air on US networks (it's a BBC show). Three seasons, I think they combine to a total of 14 episodes, so you have no excuse for not watching all of them :-)
Looks like 4 seasons, 16 eps. Gotta love BBC nonconformity regarding season lengths :-)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luther...ries)#Episodes

I'll rattle off some recommendations here. I don't know if all of them are on netflix specifically or not, netflix doesn't stream where I am.

Marco Polo - LOVE this one.
Turn
Underground
Daredevil for sure
Jessica Jones
heard good things about Peaky Blinders
Man in the High Castle
Deutschland 86
Ash vs Evil Dead
Billions
Ascension - only 3 eps, very good IMO.
Powers - A very different take on the superhero genre. Really liked this one.
Hell on Wheels
12 Monkeys
Longmire
KillJoys
Dark Matter
Humans
Mr. Robot
The Magicians - Brilliant. this is what a threesom between Johhny Depp, JK Rowling, and CS Lewis would look like.
The Expanse - love this one
The Last Kingdom - I really liked this one. Different, very BBC pacing that worked for me.
[Reply]
G G 06:21 AM 06-20-2016
Fringe is def binge worthy.
[Reply]
Stevez 07:16 AM 06-20-2016
Maybe these are too old for what you all are listing or looking for, but to me the best was Breaking Bad, then Sopranos. My wife and I just finished all of the episodes of Sopranos and I was slightly depressed when it ended. We also really enjoyed Dexter although a times it gets a tad "soap opery"! Watching House of Cards now a long with Hell on Wheels. Some unbelievable acting in these shows.
[Reply]
nutcracker 08:06 AM 06-20-2016
Luther Season 4 just showed up on Canadian Netflix. Great show. Worth watching!
[Reply]
ky70 03:06 PM 06-20-2016
Great suggestions here. Love these Netflix original series:
Peaky Blinders
Daredevil
Jessica Jones
House of Cards
Marco Polo
Narcos

Binge worthy shows on Netflix:
Luther - Season 1 -2 were great, season 3 really good, season 4 ok
Sherlock Holmes - great show
Borgias - love these period pieces. All seasons were great
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 12:21 PM 06-21-2016
From 2008 on NetFlix:

XIII: The Conspiracy

You can watch this in one sitting. Some good action and black ops stuff:-)
[Reply]
Up