Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Entertainment>Man in the High Castle
Victor808 02:28 PM 12-18-2015
Anyone try this?

We've got t available on Amazon prime... But I'm afraid to make the commitment to watching it. Any opinions on if it's any good?
[Reply]
Wharf Rat 02:44 PM 12-18-2015
I watched the whole series and found it quite enjoyable. It's quite good at creating drama in the old sense - not just with special effects. It's scary trying to imagine how we would react under occupation. This isn't another Red Dawn.

Amazon announced today it was buying another season of the series.
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 03:31 PM 12-18-2015
I watched the pilot and quite enjoyed it. I'll be watching the rest after the holidays.
[Reply]
Flynnster 04:34 PM 12-18-2015
Half way through right now and I really like it.

If anyone else has Prime, be sure to check out Alpha House with John Goodman. Another Amazon Original that is wonderful.
[Reply]
shilala 04:49 PM 12-18-2015
Ya know, I've been waiting quite awhile and finally watched a few episodes the other day.
I can't say I didn't like it. I will say that I completely don't understand the grasshopper movie, the significance or it, why the Reich wants it quashed, etc.
I did like the casting, and I thought it was very well shot.
I may fall back into it.

I hate to put the time in a series adapted from a Philip K. Dick Novel, though.
I'm 50/50 on his books. I love them or absolutely hate them.
His movies, too. I can think of 4 that I loved. Of the rest, I can't think of one I've made it through. I FORCED myself through A Scanner Darkly. I can still feel the woe.
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 06:04 PM 12-18-2015
Originally Posted by Wharf Rat:
I watched the whole series and found it quite enjoyable. It's quite good at creating drama in the old sense - not just with special effects. It's scary trying to imagine how we would react under occupation. This isn't another Red Dawn.

Amazon announced today it was buying another season of the series.
My thoughts exactly. I watched the full season. It really makes you wonder on a couple different levels. On a scale of 1-10, I'd give a solid 7.5.
[Reply]
T.G 06:42 PM 12-18-2015
And here I thought this was a thread about TCBY.

First I was :-) then I was :-)
[Reply]
jonumberone 07:19 AM 12-19-2015
Watched the whole thing last month. I enjoyed it.
Like most series, I thought it hit a lull in the middle, but this one finished exceptionally strong.
Episode 9 made me wish there were 13 episodes instead of 10.
[Reply]
Ashcan Bill 01:29 PM 12-19-2015
It's an interesting series. Besides making one wonder about what could have happened if we hadn't won, there's also the alternate universe/sci fi angle. I won't give away any spoilers, but the final episode leaves plenty to speculate about.

Amazon renewed it for a second season, so we'll see where they go with it next year.
[Reply]
Victor808 05:28 PM 12-19-2015
Originally Posted by T.G:
And here I thought this was a thread about TCBY.

First I was :-) then I was :-)
Heheh... Alternate history stuff would be wasted on him... He's still having trouble with the current one.
[Reply]
Victor808 02:47 PM 12-25-2015
Ah... Well, I tried the first episode. It was interesting, but not enough to overcome the delivery shortcomings (running through Amazon prime on my laptop to then Chromecast it to the TV)... I think it would appeal more to people who like intrigue based shows... I'm more a sci Fi guy....
[Reply]
Up