Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Cuban Crafters Revolucion Cigar Sissors (3 Blades)
WhiteMamba 10:49 AM 03-18-2014
I got this cutter a month or two ago and I have been so impressed. It has 3 blades instead of 2 and gives a very clean cut. It also has a life time warranty. Does anyone else here use this kind of cutter, or am I a lone wolf/puppy?
:-)
[Reply]
badbriar 11:13 AM 03-18-2014
Originally Posted by WhiteMamba:
I got this cutter a month or two ago and I have been so impressed. It has 3 blades instead of 2 and gives a very clean cut. It also has a life time warranty. Does anyone else here use this kind of cutter, or am I a lone wolf/puppy?
I've not seen your model. I have a CC perfect cutter that was sharp for a while, but then dulled badly. It sits in a drawer now. One day, I'll return it under the warranty. On another note, you can get a Xikar X8 for the same price you got yours. A couple of the old guard on CA highly recommended that one, so I ordered one. Tired of lesser cutters ending up dull and tearing the cap! :-)
[Reply]
gnbikes 02:47 PM 03-18-2014
I have a set of these somewhere. They work great untill the tiny screws work their way loose. I tried some lock title on them, but they still came loose. I stick w/ my Zikars and similar cutters now.
Garry-
[Reply]
WhiteMamba 02:53 PM 03-18-2014
Yeah, that is like the worst thing in the world. You get so pumped up about smoking a particular cigar and then when you go to cut it the cap gets torn off. I almost ruined my first acid Kuba Kuba using a crappy cutter. Thats what motivated me to go for the Revolucion. Since I don't have any problems with it I am gonna stick with it and use any extra cash for Cigars instead. I'll keep it in mind though about the Xicar maybe for a birthday or christmas when that comes back around.
[Reply]
Subvet642 03:01 PM 03-18-2014
Yeah, that is like the worst thing in the world. You get so pumped up about smoking a particular cigar and then when you go to cut it the cap gets torn off. I almost ruined my first acid Kuba Kuba using a crappy cutter. Thats what motivated me to go for the Revolucion. Since I don't have any problems with it I am gonna stick with it and use any extra cash for Cigars instead. I'll keep it in mind though about the Xicar maybe for a birthday or christmas when that comes back around.
You mean they get worse? :-)

Seriously, I've had some pretty good cheap-@ss cutters, often better than the pretty ones I've bought.
[Reply]
WhiteMamba 09:55 PM 03-18-2014
Haha yeah I know I catch a lot of slack for smoking them. But every once in a while I like something sweet to smoke just to switch things up.
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 10:19 PM 03-18-2014
Yeah, that is like the worst thing in the world. You get so pumped up about smoking a particular cigar and then when you go to cut it the cap gets torn off. I almost ruined my first acid Kuba Kuba using a crappy cutter.
How could you tell?

We keed we keed.
[Reply]
Robulous78 12:02 AM 03-19-2014
1 word.... Palio...

Ever since I have had one I have loved it. It's not my only cutter for fear that I could loose it but otherwise it IS my only cutter. never fails to give a good cut, stays surgical steel sharp 24/7/365 and it also can be used as a cigar rest, what else can you ask for?
[Reply]
Robulous78 12:02 AM 03-19-2014
1 word.... Palio...

Ever since I have had one I have loved it. It's not my only cutter for fear that I could loose it but otherwise it IS my only cutter. never fails to give a good cut, stays surgical steel sharp 24/7/365 and it also can be used as a cigar rest, what else can you ask for?
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 12:21 AM 03-19-2014
Originally Posted by Robulous78:
1 word.... Palio...
Yet you posted it twice. :-)
[Reply]
WhiteMamba 08:30 PM 03-19-2014
Originally Posted by AdamJoshua:
Yet you posted it twice. :-)
:-):-):-)
[Reply]
Dude Here 09:40 PM 03-19-2014
I got the CC perfect cutter off Amazon about a month ago and have like it so far. Probably about 15 cuts with it so far and it works perfectly. Rock solid construction as well.
[Reply]
govicgo 10:00 AM 05-13-2014
I prefer the perfect cutter from CC , the revolucion I have leaves a ratty edge every cut no matter how I use it. I think it's a design flaw.
[Reply]
Remo 10:07 AM 05-13-2014
Palio or Xikar and that is all you need :-)

Attached:
[Reply]
yourchoice 10:15 AM 05-13-2014
I almost ruined my first acid Kuba Kuba using a crappy cutter.
You might very well already know, but many (including me) recommend keeping your flavor infused cigars in a seperate humidor from your non-infused. With the recent influx of cigars you've received (:-)) I'd figure to reiterate the recommendation.
[Reply]
RevSmoke 10:26 AM 05-13-2014
Can you ruin a Kuba Kuba? I mean, maybe it was a sign from God, "Do not smoke this! Go grab a good cigar and enjoy yourself! :-)

Sorry, I know some people like them, and I am always harping on smoking what you like. Indeed, you must only smoke what you like. But, I had one once and could only think of the stuff guys used to burn in the dorms of college to cover the smell of the other stuff they were smoking.
[Reply]
WhiteMamba 10:48 AM 05-13-2014
haha thanks for the concern guys that was the first and last acid I have smoked. I was just curious to see what all of the fuss was about since I kept seeing them on CI and other places. Since this post I have gotten a Xikar x8 (would have gotten the palio but the price made the difference) it has been my go to cutter but the cc is still a descent cutter just too big for my pocket.
[Reply]
Heavy_d 06:13 PM 05-13-2014
I've not tried their cutters, but I've got a Cuban Crafters bullet punch that works great. Between that and my X8, I've got pretty much all my cigar opening needs covered.
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 07:56 PM 05-13-2014
Smoke what you like, like what you smoke. I don't care if it's a grape-flavored White Owl, if it brings you pleasure and satisfaction, smoke it.
[Reply]
WhiteMamba 08:12 PM 05-13-2014
Originally Posted by Porch Dweller:
Smoke what you like, like what you smoke. I don't care if it's a grape-flavored White Owl, if it brings you pleasure and satisfaction, smoke it.
Maybe I'll have to send you an acid next time :-)
[Reply]
Up