Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 4
1 23 > Last »
General Discussion>What would you do with 1 month off?
Skywalker 09:34 AM 07-01-2009
What would you do if you had one month off starting today???

That is my case! I'm off for the entire month of July!

Please provide me with some ideas!

[Reply]
loki 09:38 AM 07-01-2009
herf
[Reply]
14holestogie 09:39 AM 07-01-2009
Golf, smoke, sprinkle some cheap household projects in, chase the little woman around, etc. :-)
[Reply]
ActionAndy 09:51 AM 07-01-2009
In no particular order: Read a few books on my list (Sirens of Titan and Slapstick by Vonnegut, Blood Meridian by McCarthy), sleep in every day, smoke whenever I wanted, run out of money, get drunk until I heave, get drunk until I have a decent buzz and then responsibly switch to water, get some writing done, change my oil, buy some comic books.
[Reply]
BlackDog 09:54 AM 07-01-2009
Camp and fish; then fish and camp.

[Reply]
St. Lou Stu 09:56 AM 07-01-2009
Originally Posted by 14holestogie:
Golf, smoke, sprinkle some cheap household projects in, chase the little woman around, etc. :-)
:-)
Great Tims think alike!
[Reply]
TheTraveler 10:08 AM 07-01-2009
Depends on two things: money and significant other. If the money is there and the significant other is accepting of the idea of staying home while you travel --- hit the road and herf with some fellow CA members one or two states away from you, maybe even further away. Head into a major city and check out their B&Ms. Head to the beach and herf & surf. I'd definitely hit the road if money allowed because you're usually restricted to the occasional long weekend if you want to travel, and vacation time is normally alloted for group/family plans and herfing is a second thought (if it's even considered). :-)

:-)
[Reply]
gettysburgfreak 10:12 AM 07-01-2009
golf, sex, golf, cigar, golf, sex, road trips, more cigars... a guy can dream right?
[Reply]
taltos 10:15 AM 07-01-2009
If I could convince the wife to let me do it, I would head down to Pennsylvania for a week of camping and fishing chalk streams.
[Reply]
bobarian 10:19 AM 07-01-2009
I would fly to San Diego on the 9th for the S.H.I.T herf, then up to LA for 3 days of SoCal X. Rest a few days, then herf at the Barn with the boys. Then arrange a secret herf n shoot at Ratters on the 25th. Spend the last week of the month at home with family, drinking Sierra Nevada on the patio while smoking good cigars! :-)

Did I win?:-):-)
[Reply]
shilala 10:22 AM 07-01-2009
I'd lay around, make stuff, hurt myself, go to a couple doctor's appointments, and work some sex in.
It's pretty much what I've been doing for the last 22 months off, except I mix up the order some days.
I planted the garden and cut some grass, too. That's cool.
[Reply]
LordOfWu 11:02 AM 07-01-2009
Jiu Jitsu, cigar, eat, sex, repeat!
[Reply]
Skywalker 11:20 AM 07-01-2009
Originally Posted by shilala:
I'd lay around, make stuff, hurt myself, go to a couple doctor's appointments, and work some sex in.
It's pretty much what I've been doing for the last 22 months off, except I mix up the order some days.
I planted the garden and cut some grass, too. That's cool.

Does the mix look like... I'd lay myself, make myself hurt, stuff myself, go to a couple doctor's appointments, and work some sex in... with myself???

Sorry Scott!!! I couldn't pass up the opportunity!!!:-)

Great answers everyone!!!

BTW - Bob, I think you have an agenda!!!

[Reply]
shilala 11:26 AM 07-01-2009
Originally Posted by Skywalker:
Does the mix look like... I'd lay myself, make myself hurt, stuff myself, go to a couple doctor's appointments, and work some sex in... with myself???

Sorry Scott!!! I couldn't pass up the opportunity!!!:-)
I'm pretty progressive and forward thinking, so anything's a possibility. roffles. :-)
[Reply]
rack04 11:31 AM 07-01-2009
If I had a month off I would become fat and lazy. Seriously I need to work. :-)
[Reply]
OLS 11:33 AM 07-01-2009
I am thinking that you are being furloughed to save corporate wonks their cocktail hour??? In that case I would do stuff that brings in food at least, I would do alot of fishing. For the cost of a license, you can put alot of food in the freezer. I would go to Salvation Army and get a fishing pole for option A, then dig some worms and get to "work". You can smoke while you fish, too.
[Reply]
Skywalker 11:35 AM 07-01-2009
Originally Posted by shilala:
I'm pretty progressive and forward thinking, so anything's a possibility. roffles. :-)
RG for a good sport!!!

Originally Posted by rack04:
If I had a month off I would become fat and lazy. Seriously I need to work. :-)
I plan on doing the fat and lazy thing for sure!!!:-)
[Reply]
pnoon 11:37 AM 07-01-2009
Originally Posted by Skywalker:

BTW - Bob, I think you have an agenda!!![/b]
And why don't you have the same? If I had the month off, I would take in as many herfs as possible - especially the big ones.
[Reply]
kaisersozei 11:51 AM 07-01-2009
You live in Chico and you have to ask what I'd do for an entire month?

Why, I'd be here:

herfing with you, my brother.
[Reply]
kelmac07 11:54 AM 07-01-2009
All great ideas...and be sure to enjoy your time off!!!
[Reply]
Page 1 of 4
1 23 > Last »
Up