Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Discussion>Too nice to smoke?
Subvet642 06:40 AM 11-05-2010
Originally Posted by MrsCigarLover:
I bought an unused Don Carlos pipe from a BOTL and still haven't used it... it sits in it's pretty little bag in it's box on my bookshelf... :-)
Hi Lorraine, I think that the thing for me is that I'm hesitant to put a flame to something so beautiful, but I know this is irrational, because that's what they're for. You see, I'm still a noob and I don't want my inexperience to cause me ruin it.
[Reply]
Martel 06:55 AM 11-05-2010
Originally Posted by Subvet642:
...You see, I'm still a noob and I don't want my inexperience to cause me ruin it

Don't worry, there's not much you can do to screw it up. Smoke slowly and don't overheat it, appropriate rest between bowls, and you'll be fine.

Oh, and don't let a dog play with them. Years ago I had a Siberian Husky that decided a Savinelli made for a nice chew toy. I was not pleased.

Cheers,
G
[Reply]
Subvet642 07:04 AM 11-05-2010
Originally Posted by Martel:
[/i]

Don't worry, there's not much you can do to screw it up. Smoke slowly and don't overheat it, appropriate rest between bowls, and you'll be fine.

Oh, and don't let a dog play with them. Years ago I had a Siberian Husky that decided a Savinelli made for a nice chew toy. I was not pleased.

Cheers,
G
I'm getting over it, but I still have to fight the urge to give it a thorough cleaning with alchohol between each bowl. :-)
[Reply]
FunkyD 11:49 PM 02-13-2011
So you just sit there and look at it?

Or do you play with it like in the mirror and pretend to be saying something really witty to a charming young woman as you hold your pipe ever so gently in your hand?
[Reply]
alfredo_buscatti 02:22 AM 03-30-2011
You can avoid rim char by only packing the pipe within a 1/4" from the top, along with pitting of the inner rim.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up