Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Sports>World Series
gnukfu 04:14 AM 10-24-2008
Originally Posted by Rudy351:
Any phillies fans going to game 5 on Monday? Me and Stevedmatt will be tailgating from 2:-)o till game time.

GO PHILLIES !!!!!!!
Oh man that's great! Enjoy!
[Reply]
ProfesserX 04:58 AM 10-24-2008
Rays to win in a who cares serries.
Great story however down there in Tampa.
[Reply]
spectrrr 05:56 AM 10-24-2008
I gotta root for the Rays. yeah they beat the Sox :-) :-) :-) , BUT they earned their victory, so I'm hoping they go all the way. (I will not be watching the games however)
[Reply]
elderboy02 06:25 AM 10-24-2008
That was a good game last night!
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 09:41 AM 10-24-2008
Originally Posted by elderboy02:
That was a good game last night!
Sure was. Go Rays go!
[Reply]
Ace$nyper 10:10 PM 10-25-2008
Back to back Phillies homers!!!

4-1 :-)
[Reply]
yourchoice 12:20 AM 10-26-2008
Just got back from watching the game at a friends house. WOW! What a crazy game.

GO PHILS!
[Reply]
shade 12:22 AM 10-26-2008
What a bizarre finish. Bases loaded, no out swinging bunt against a five player infield. :-)
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 10:36 AM 10-26-2008
That was a pretty insane finish to the game. I hope p-nut wasn't watching!
[Reply]
AD720 10:39 AM 10-26-2008
What a finish last night!

South Philly is going to be insane today, Eagles @ the Linc, Phils at CBP and The Who at the F.U center (ok, ok The Wach). The news said total attendance should be about 105,000!
[Reply]
AD720 11:03 AM 10-26-2008
Originally Posted by AD720:
What a finish last night!

South Philly is going to be insane today, Eagles @ the Linc, Phils at CBP and The Who at the F.U center (ok, ok The Wach). The news said total attendance should be about 105,000!
I forgot, Flyers in town too!
[Reply]
Rockestone 11:37 AM 10-26-2008
I agree. I hope it goes to 7 games and is decided by one run in the 10th inning.
[Reply]
Starscream 09:04 PM 10-26-2008
Eagles won earlier today, The Who is in concert this evening, and the Phillies are looking good to win game 4. Philadelphia look out!!!
[Reply]
AD720 08:01 AM 10-27-2008
Another great game last night!

Lets go Phils!

If they win this thing at home South Philly is going to be unreal.
[Reply]
zmancbr 09:09 AM 10-27-2008
Originally Posted by AD720:
Another great game last night!

Lets go Phils!

If they win this thing at home South Philly is going to be unreal.
I bet.... I could only imagine how fun that party would be! :-)
[Reply]
rizzle 10:01 AM 10-27-2008
I'm afraid this one is over. Pena and Longo have gone stone cold at the plate, the defense that has been simply awesome all year suddenly looks very suspect, and our pitchers can not get ahead in the count.

Unfortunately I think the big stage and the pressure that comes with it is finally starting to come home to roost with these young guys. And Philly just looks damn good. Other than stranding a bunch of runners, they've been outstanding.

Oh well, got to take it one game at a time though. Anything can still happen.
[Reply]
cigars_n_scotch 10:22 AM 10-27-2008
Originally Posted by rizzle:
I'm afraid this one is over. Pena and Longo have gone stone cold at the plate, the defense that has been simply awesome all year suddenly looks very suspect, and our pitchers can not get ahead in the count.

Unfortunately I think the big stage and the pressure that comes with it is finally starting to come home to roost with these young guys. And Philly just looks damn good. Other than stranding a bunch of runners, they've been outstanding.

Oh well, got to take it one game at a time though. Anything can still happen.
Don't be afraid, embrace reality!! Just messing with ya, but yes it's over! Tonight with Hamels on the mound we're going to seal the deal and win the 2008 World Series! Howard is back and hitting well, Rollins is connecting with the ball, the middle and end of our lineup continue to come through (minus Burrell) and our pitching has been outstanding! You have to love the PHILS!! Tonight I'll be in the city and it's going to be CRAZY!! I cannot wait.
[Reply]
Blueface 02:21 PM 10-27-2008
Originally Posted by cigars_n_scotch:
Don't be afraid, embrace reality!! Just messing with ya, but yes it's over! Tonight with Hamels on the mound we're going to seal the deal and win the 2008 World Series! Howard is back and hitting well, Rollins is connecting with the ball, the middle and end of our lineup continue to come through (minus Burrell) and our pitching has been outstanding! You have to love the PHILS!! Tonight I'll be in the city and it's going to be CRAZY!! I cannot wait.
I hope it is isn't over.
Lets see how these young Rays handle the pressure down 3-1.

BTW, didn't that umpire see half that glove disappear up the guys behind and yet called him safe?:-)
[Reply]
AD720 02:53 PM 10-27-2008
Originally Posted by Blueface:
BTW, didn't that umpire see half that glove disappear up the guys behind and yet called him safe?:-)
There have been a number of questionable calls, but at least they have gone both ways. In addition to the close call at second there was the is it a balk/isn't it a balk.
Going the other way - Burrell getting called out looking on a ball that almost took his head off and Rollings getting hit but not getting a base, the checked swing that the HB ump called but the first base ump didn't...

The craziest thing has been the size of the strike zone and that has definitly been going both ways.
[Reply]
Parrotheadduff 10:50 PM 10-27-2008
2-2 in the bottom of the 6th when the umps finally smartened up and stopped the game due to rain. Game 5 resumes Tuesday night weather permitting.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Up