Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Discussion>Finally got started
DTM 10:36 AM 05-08-2011
Went to my local B&M yesterday and talked to the guys there for almost 2 hours about pipes. Finally walked out with a MM Legend, Czech tool, Pipe Cleaners, and 3 1oz samples to give a whirl. I had my first bowl yesterday after getting home. I went though a lot of matches and really enjoyed my first time at it. Gunna take it and a couple cigars to my sisters for lunch today and see if it gets better the second time around. So far I have enjoyed the new experience and look forward to exploring this fine fine hobby some more.

Thanks for all of your combined knowledge. Without it I can honestly say that I would have screwed up horibly on my first time around.
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 10:47 AM 05-08-2011
:-)

nice! Pipes take patience but are very rewarding! Happy Piping!
[Reply]
DaBear 07:16 PM 05-08-2011
It takes awhile to find the right pack and lighting technique, but once you figure out what works for you you're golden. Welcome to the second slippery slope. You'll soon find it hard to not buy every pipe/tobacco you see. I have to use all my willpower at work not to walk out with a new pipe(that said, I caved and got two new tobaccos yesterday)
[Reply]
hotreds 07:36 PM 05-08-2011
Enjoy! It's a nice addition to cigar smoking, methinks.
[Reply]
CoreyD 09:39 PM 05-08-2011
Originally Posted by hotreds:
Enjoy! It's a nice addition to cigar smoking, methinks.
Funny you said that Revsmoke told me last weekend that if I ever need a cigar pipe fix combo I can just stuff a cigar sticking into the pipe ontop of the baccy hahaha
[Reply]
DaBear 11:49 PM 05-08-2011
Originally Posted by CoreyD:
Funny you said that Revsmoke told me last weekend that if I ever need a cigar pipe fix combo I can just stuff a cigar sticking into the pipe ontop of the baccy hahaha
I've heard of people just sticking a cut cigar into their pipe and smoking it like that. No idea why you'd want to do that, but people have.
[Reply]
lbowles2 06:28 AM 05-09-2011
I've seen people do it after they nubbed a cigar to 'finish' it :-)
[Reply]
OLS 07:30 AM 05-10-2011
I have to say that it took til yesterday for me to finally have a perfect bowl. I would estimate that I have
smoked 40 bowls of tobacco since last year, so not so much practice or experience. But I went out for a
walk with some pouch scrapins consisting of McConnel's Scottish Cake, Escudo rubbed out and Anniversary Kake.
Took a lighter and didn't need it. Smoked without incident for 2 miles til it was just a little ash. THAT was a
first for me. Too much lighting will give you that stepped-on tongue feeling. Keep at it and watch your moisture.
[Reply]
Up