Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Sports>Jaguars Make the Playoffs!!!!
rhdad42 01:35 PM 10-25-2008
Okay, I'm going to be the obnoxious proud dad, but tough you-know-what.

Today, the Pitman Jaguars, the 6-7 year old football team, won 26-0 and clinched a playoff spot for the first time in 5 years. Last year, when my son was 6, they won one game. This year, we've already won 4 with 1 to go. These kids go out there every week and play their little hearts out, and it's exciting to see them start reaping the fruits of their labor. Every game they get better and better. It's a testament to the volunteer coaches and every one of these kids, who are smaller than a lot of other teams around. I'm really proud.

Oh, and by the way, my son had a sack, a touchdown (his first ever in a regular season game), and ran for an extra point today!

All photos copyright Denise Mennella - http://photography.mennella.net.
[Reply]
CBI_2 02:20 PM 10-25-2008
Excellent! Great to see the little guys learn and progress and reap the rewards from their effort. :-)
[Reply]
cigars_n_scotch 02:28 PM 10-25-2008
Congratulations Steve, that is awesome news!! Pics are great! Today I got to see my niece and nephew play their last soccer game and it was great. You just have to love watching kids playing sports.
[Reply]
rhdad42 02:55 PM 10-25-2008
Thanks, man. The best thing is, whether these kids win 26-0 or lose 26-0, they love playing football. And they have really made a ton of progress from the first practice of the season.
[Reply]
Gophernut 12:10 PM 10-26-2008
That's awesome! Tell your boy congrats!!!!:-)
[Reply]
Up