Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Vinotemp... read the whole thread
MikeyC 05:54 PM 01-31-2009
Originally Posted by ThreeSheets:
So Vinotemp is not a manufacturer of wine cellars, just a marketer?
What company actually manufuctures their own products these days? Nike doesn't make shoes for instance. They just design and market them.
[Reply]
SeanGAR 06:09 PM 01-31-2009
Originally Posted by Lexxxus:
They claim that the VT logo was illegally or fraudulently put on the unit. I don't beleive that for a second. My guess is that it shipped just like I got it with logo affixed. But that remains speculation on my part'
My money would be on an overrun that somebody got their hands on.

Vinotemp orders 5000, the company makes 5500, the other 500 are not purchased by Vinotemp and the company in China dumps them to some schmuck who passes them off as Vinotemp.

They are not Vinotemp of course because that would only be a product sold by them, but the items would be absolutely identical. It would be a trademark violation to sell these products with Vinotemp's name on them ... but they won't stop unless sued.

I can see why vinotemp would feel abused here. HOWEVER, If I was in customer service, I would spell this out ... BUT ... tell the customer .. look, we take care of our customers and will send you screws gratis as a good will gesture. Please check with us for authorized retailers in the future as we can't provide warranty repairs for this unit. Win win ... spend a couple of bucks sending screws and perhaps gain a future customer. What they did, although understandable at one level, was to piss off a potential future customer.

Smart? I think not.
[Reply]
Texan in Mexico 07:21 PM 01-31-2009
While I appreciate that you shared this with us, I have definately learned something about appliance manufacturing, and I commend your tenacious nature in holding, who you thought was responsable, responsable.

What didn't you just hit the local hardware store and leave it at that?

Again, an amusing and educational story but it sounds like your blood pressure might have spiked up during the whole process.
[Reply]
lostark374 06:11 PM 02-02-2009
sorry to keep kicking this thread but does anyone else see a resemblance of the unit in this thread and the edgestar 28 btl Image

now could it be possible that in fact these edgestars are actually the early vinotemps? just being marketed under "edgestar"

i know chase is going to start making shelves and trays. and these are very good looking (not as nice as current vino's IMHO) can anyone that has an early vinotemp confirm this?
[Reply]
ChasDen 07:35 PM 02-02-2009
Here is a side by side:

I have an Edgestar on the way.

The insides from what I have seen are a bit different but they do look similar.

Chas
[Reply]
Lexxxus 08:25 PM 02-02-2009
Edgestar! THAT is the one I was trying to think of. And Yes, from what I've been told it is identical in construction to the early VT 28. The only discernable diff being the black sides and back.

I am assuming that this unit is 3-4 years old and still being produced. Again, it's speculation but I'll bet VT switched to another manufacturer to produce their sleek new unit with the polished from and pull handle.

I fired mine up over the weekend and it ran a low of 42.1 and and a high of 62.2 degrees. A tadtoo cool for stogies? Yes / no? Too bad it can be adjusted to maintain 68 or 70!

Anyone?
[Reply]
SeanGAR 08:01 PM 02-03-2009
Originally Posted by Lexxxus:
I fired mine up over the weekend and it ran a low of 42.1 and and a high of 62.2 degrees. A tadtoo cool for stogies? Yes / no? Too bad it can be adjusted to maintain 68 or 70!

Anyone?
Well, I've seen 61-64F being recommended for storage of cigars and have read that some HK collectors prefer temps around there as the cigars age more gracefully. So at 62 F you should be laughing.

Consensus appears to be that the lower end of this range (16ºC - 61ºF) is the ideal target, as higher temperature is the more critical concern.
http://www.cubancigarwebsite.com/7-c...emp_&_Humidity

70/70 is an old wive's tale.
[Reply]
Mtmouse 08:09 PM 02-03-2009
I believe the Edgestars are little narrower inside. The trays I've made for them have been 14.5" compared to the Vinotemps at 15 1/8"
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up