Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Humidor ???
ChasDen 04:33 AM 02-03-2009
Originally Posted by spectrrr:
hmmm... I like the idea of the kitty litter beads... I might have to try that in my 100ct humi... what kind of beads do you use? anything special? Certainly not the scented :-)
Just stay away from the ones that are scented or have the little blue balls in them.

I think the brand I bought was exquisacat or something.
Search Kitty litter on the other site and be prepared for lots of KL haters :-)

Chas
[Reply]
Thrak 08:10 AM 02-03-2009
no kidding.. apparently the topic of kl beads will get you vilified around here too... see my recent thread 3 or 4 below this one.
[Reply]
JD11 12:27 PM 02-03-2009
Seems like the tape did the trick .. checked last night and this afternoon and both are now holdin a steady 62-63%.. thanks for all the help.. looks like what most of you said I just have to plan on supplementing xtra humidity in the winter..This being my first winter smoking and storing cigars your help and suggestions are invaluable .. Thanks John
[Reply]
pmp 02:33 PM 02-03-2009
I've used both exquisicat and litter pearls in the past. They weren't a very good solution IMHO.

But I guess if you are using them as an alterative to adding a wet sponge or a dish of water thats OK.
[Reply]
pmp 02:34 PM 02-03-2009
Originally Posted by JD11:
Seems like the tape did the trick .. checked last night and this afternoon and both are now holdin a steady 62-63%.. thanks for all the help.. looks like what most of you said I just have to plan on supplementing xtra humidity in the winter..This being my first winter smoking and storing cigars your help and suggestions are invaluable .. Thanks John
Awesome! Yeah winter time is a pain for cigar smokers. Can't even smoke all my favs because its too cold.
[Reply]
JD11 03:04 PM 02-03-2009
Originally Posted by pmp:
Awesome! Yeah winter time is a pain for cigar smokers. Can't even smoke all my favs because its too cold.

The cold I can deal with , as long as my mouth heals pretty soon...As soon as it does I'm gonna go to my B M and pick up a couple LGC Serie R. A guy at work smokes em and I'm dyin to try 1 . I hope it will be what I built it up to be in my mind.. but thats another thread , I'm just glad I got my humi stabelized at a rh I'm comfortable with.. thanks again...
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up