Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Another review of ChasDen's trays
JE3146 04:42 PM 01-09-2009
I think my biggest disappointment is that I didn't order more.

My 2nd disappointment is my vino just can't hold anymore.

These things are amazing. The attention to detail is superb, the craftsmanship is superb, the packaging was superb, the price was a steal for what these are.

Here's a little photo gallery of receiving the box to loading it.

[Reply]
JE3146 04:43 PM 01-09-2009

Thank you so much Chuck!

These were so worth the wait.

Anyone who's reading this that is on the fence. Do yourself a favor. Seriously. :-)
[Reply]
14holestogie 04:47 PM 01-09-2009
Sweet setup. Nice work.
[Reply]
bigliver 04:47 PM 01-09-2009
I missed this round but will definately be in on the next. Thanks for the pics.
[Reply]
white_s2k 04:52 PM 01-09-2009
Very nice, those dividers look sweet :-)
[Reply]
Sauer Grapes 04:58 PM 01-09-2009
Did you add the dividers or pay extra for those or do they come that way?
[Reply]
JE3146 04:59 PM 01-09-2009
Originally Posted by Sauer Grapes:
Did you add the dividers or pay extra for those or do they come that way?
I paid quite a bit extra for him to do the dividers for me.

Not sure he's doing them anymore cus of the level of 'pain in the ass' they are though.

But using his design, wouldn't take much more for anyone to add them themselves. The one is just glued in.
[Reply]
s15driftking 06:25 PM 01-09-2009
I cant wait to get a Vino, those look so "professionally" done... i've bever been so impressed!
[Reply]
Sauer Grapes 06:34 PM 01-09-2009
Originally Posted by JE3146:

Not sure he's doing them anymore cus of the level of 'pain in the ass' they are though.

But using his design, wouldn't take much more for anyone to add them themselves. The one is just glued in.
Figured they were extra... doh...

I may just add them at another time myself (once I own a house and some tools).

They do look awesome!
[Reply]
cort 07:56 PM 01-09-2009
Lookin good Jordan.

Nice work Chuck
[Reply]
ChasDen 08:49 PM 01-09-2009

Thanks for the kind review. Glad you liked them :-) :-)

I agreed to do the dividers to test the waters and although the finished product was acceptable to you, I was not very happy with the outcome. I need to design a way to assemble these things so they are all exactly the same dimensions inside, not outside. I have a few new ideas for templates to use during clamping and if it works out the way I hope, dividers will become an option. The problem now is every tray measures just a little different than the next inside so every piece of cedar needs to be measured and cut individually. That is what takes so much time and if just 1/2 the people want them it will add so much time I just can't justify it.

I know dividers are an important option people want so I am working on it :-)

Chas
[Reply]
BORIStheBLADE 12:53 AM 01-10-2009
Those look awesome !:-)
[Reply]
BHowe 03:58 PM 01-10-2009
Now if I could just locate a vino!
[Reply]
chippewastud79 04:02 PM 01-10-2009
Chas makes some good stuff, there is no doubt about that. Its too bad that Vinotemp had to go and discontinue those bad boys :-)
[Reply]
SilverFox 04:22 PM 01-10-2009

Those are fantastic quality workmanship, now I know who I will be PMing on how to do the drawers in my walk in.

By the way as a general note, if anyone wants that address that Jordan blurred out in the pic just drop me a PM, I will sell him out in a heartbeat.

[Reply]
ChasDen 06:09 PM 01-10-2009
Originally Posted by chippewastud79:
Chas makes some good stuff, there is no doubt about that. Its too bad that Vinotemp had to go and discontinue those bad boys :-)
Not to fear, once demand dies down a bit on these I will make them for other units :-)

Chas
[Reply]
JE3146 06:51 PM 01-10-2009
Originally Posted by SilverFox:

Those are fantastic quality workmanship, now I know who I will be PMing on how to do the drawers in my walk in.

By the way as a general note, if anyone wants that address that Jordan blurred out in the pic just drop me a PM, I will sell him out in a heartbeat.

As everyone can see by the capacity remaining of the vino in the photo above, I am more than stocked at the moment. :-)

Save your postage :-)
[Reply]
chippewastud79 07:08 PM 01-10-2009
Originally Posted by ChasDen:
Not to fear, once demand dies down a bit on these I will make them for other units :-)

Chas
I figured with your skills it wouldn't be a problem to make them for other sizes/Vinos/Cabinets/closets/walk-ins etc. It was just a cut against Vinotemp making one of the best small cabinet humidor out there and then taking them off the market. :-)
[Reply]
ChasDen 07:18 PM 01-10-2009
Originally Posted by chippewastud79:
I figured with your skills it wouldn't be a problem to make them for other sizes/Vinos/Cabinets/closets/walk-ins etc. It was just a cut against Vinotemp making one of the best small cabinet humidor out there and then taking them off the market. :-)
I hear you :-)

This all started out as a project to build a few trays for my son and as soon as I started making them they decided to stop selling them. :-)

Oh well, I will keep making them as long as there is demand :-)

I also have plans for a few cabinets but just don't have the time yet.
The wife's irritation level is pegged just below "Ive just about had it" :-)
I keep it hovering right below the line but some days its harder than others.

Chas
[Reply]
ChasDen 07:20 PM 01-10-2009
As everyone can see by the capacity remaining of the vino in the photo above, I am more than stocked at the moment. :-)

Save your postage :-)
Nothing a few more trays and some organization cant take care of :-)

Chas
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up