Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Looking for a cigar holder for the golf course
semjoes 04:29 PM 01-05-2009
The ones I found squeeze the cigar too tightly
[Reply]
chippewastud79 04:36 PM 01-05-2009
Welcome to the Asylum, nice first post. Try the New Inmate Forum and make an introduction, let everyone know a little about yourself.
[Reply]
BamBam 06:15 PM 01-05-2009
http://link.brightcove.com/services/...ctid1731910517

I thought this gave some neat products. I like the "heater holder"you clip on a cigar bag :-)
[Reply]
s15driftking 06:32 PM 01-05-2009
Mreindeer had a thread about the "heater holder" which seems decent... but too close to a 150.00 dollar bag is just too risky... i would cry if it melted my bag... as you know, a cigar emits alot of heat... just too risky

Semjoes - I have (won it at a raffle) the squeeze clip that goes on the windshield area of the golf cart... i dont think it will clamp it too hard by my opinion (depending on RG).. but im sure that's what you are talking about when you started the thread, maybe not. i can see how it might put a bit of pressure on the larger RG cigars...

why not just try a teegar? simple and effective!

BTW, BamBam, that 3 foot tall contraption would bug the heck out of me (And i am very patient on the golf course... hard to believe) if i were behind that 2-or-4-some... its a little "overkill"...
[Reply]
Cigary 06:41 PM 01-05-2009
I always thought the best cigar holder was my teeth but after seeing these,,,I may have to reconsider.
[Reply]
nozero 06:49 PM 01-05-2009
Hello and welcome to the sanctuary of the Cigar Asylum!

Another nice thing about Palio cutters...
Attached: 1.jpg (94.2 KB) 
[Reply]
s15driftking 07:12 PM 01-05-2009
Originally Posted by nozero:
Hello and welcome to the sanctuary of the Cigar Asylum!

Another nice thing about Palio cutters...
how is that effective on the golf course?
[Reply]
kdog 07:18 PM 01-05-2009
Originally Posted by Cigary:
I always thought the best cigar holder was my teeth but after seeing these,,,I may have to reconsider.
Dig it on the teeth, I never found my partagus to taste bad after placing on the green for a putt. Although I understand some refined folk are always looking for gadgets.:-)
[Reply]
JohnnyKay5 07:19 PM 01-05-2009
the big black clamp i've seen is cheap and works well! great flick from CA
[Reply]
chippewastud79 07:19 PM 01-05-2009
Just set it on the golf cart. The roof and cupholders work great :-)
[Reply]
s15driftking 07:24 PM 01-05-2009
Originally Posted by kdog:
I never found my partagus to taste bad after placing on the green for a putt.
unless you 3 putt.....
[Reply]
kdog 07:32 PM 01-05-2009
Originally Posted by s15driftking:
unless you 3 putt.....
that was good:-) It's also tougher if you have to go back to the cart for anothe "drink" in between a two putt.:-)
[Reply]
s15driftking 08:26 PM 01-05-2009
Originally Posted by kdog:
that was good:-) It's also tougher if you have to go back to the cart for anothe "drink" in between a two putt.:-)

i tell ya what, i am a killer on the green, and great from 60 yards or closer with a high angle wedge... but i cant hit a 5 iron to save my life.... thats when we brign out the grey goose!
[Reply]
Cyclone 11:21 PM 01-05-2009
I had a TeeGar but I kept forgetting it along the way...

Luckily, the 4-some behind me always seemed to return it and the cigar...:-)
[Reply]
alley00p 11:45 PM 01-05-2009
I have a couple of these holders that work great! :-)

http://www.bargainhumidors.com/bh/Pr...CC-CIGARHOLDER

I have one clipped to the wall outside my building where I go smoke for breaks and it will hold up to 2 58 rg size sticks without crushing them. Plus the folks at Bargain Humidors are great to deal with and they have outstanding customer service. Just tell them Alley00p sent you! :-)

:-):-):-)
[Reply]
JohnnyKay5 04:35 AM 01-06-2009
Originally Posted by s15driftking:
i tell ya what, i am a killer on the green, and great from 60 yards or closer with a high angle wedge... but i cant hit a 5 iron to save my life.... thats when we brign out the grey goose!
mmm grey goose... on the course though? Need a 4th? haha
[Reply]
s15driftking 05:53 AM 01-06-2009
Originally Posted by JohnnyKay5:
mmm grey goose... on the course though? Need a 4th? haha

yes and yes!!

about the onyl place you can get away with DWI.... but you'd think i was intoxicated everytime i hit the ball regardless if i've had a drink or not... (pertaining to me tryign to work the low irons)
[Reply]
MikeyC 07:38 AM 01-06-2009

I had one of these for a while before I left it in a cart. It worked great except when I would get to the nub. It would be too hard to get in and out such a small piece of cigar.

I've had a number of different variations of these small, short platforms and the problem I have with them is that they're so low which often results in me forgetting them in the ground and getting a back ache from stooping over to pick up my cigar after every shot (I take a lot :-) ).

In the end, I find various places on the cart to leave my cigar for a few moments. Often, I'll just toss it on the putting green as long as I know they didn't just spray it with chemicals.
[Reply]
jaymz 01:45 PM 01-06-2009
This one is my favorite ... it's cheap, clips anywhere and doesn't clamp on to the cigar too tightly no matter the ring guage:

click on pic
[Reply]
SMW 12:39 PM 01-07-2009
Without a doubt, the Little Judy is the way to go. They're incredibly inexpensive and I've being using mine for years (in fact, I've only actually had one break in over 8 years...pretty durable for a sub $10 piece of plastic, eh?).
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up