Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Need some Help for closet/walkin Humi Wine Storage
Agent11br 01:55 PM 01-05-2009
Originally Posted by SilverFox:
Nope didn't think of that, would brushed stainless work? I am not a brass fan
I would think anything stainless should work, I too do not like the look of brass.
[Reply]
ahc4353 02:00 PM 01-05-2009
Originally Posted by Agent11br:
I would think anything stainless should work, I too do not like the look of brass.
I don't like the Gold look as well. I agree anything SS will work.
[Reply]
ahc4353 02:10 PM 01-05-2009
For the floor how about some 3/4" tongue and grove mahogany - add CC cigar bands (we can start saving now for you) - add a few coats of lacquer and wa-la!
[Reply]
ahc4353 02:14 PM 01-05-2009
OR, do you know someone who could draw your favorite band on the hardwood and then paint it? Smother it in lacquer as well so it won't wear off.
[Reply]
SilverFox 02:15 PM 01-05-2009
Originally Posted by ahc4353:
For the floor how about some 3/4" tongue and grove mahogany - add CC cigar bands (we can start saving now for you) - add a few coats of lacquer and wa-la!

LOL, My wife would kill me if I put hardwood in there before doing the upstairs.........Although I love the idea. That might have to go in later.

On another note I need to speed up the building I think I am going to be out of storage room again. 2 Vinos and a Cooler are now full to the brim. Gonna break out the 75 count and season it for singles.
[Reply]
ahc4353 02:23 PM 01-05-2009
LOL, My wife would kill me if I put hardwood in there before doing the upstairs.........Although I love the idea. That might have to go in later.

On another note I need to speed up the building I think I am going to be out of storage room again. 2 Vinos and a Cooler are now full to the brim. Gonna break out the 75 count and season it for singles.
Come on, you are talking about 11 sq feet of floor space. Grow a set and put it in now! You won't add it later and even IF you do you can't put the lacquer down as that will get in your smokes.

Time to man up!
[Reply]
Agent11br 02:56 PM 01-05-2009
OR, do you know someone who could draw your favorite band on the hardwood and then paint it? Smother it in lacquer as well so it won't wear off.
That would be the sickest walk-in floor ever! You could even stencil it out and airbrush it on or get a huge vinyl cut-out before you lacquered it up :-)
[Reply]
SilverFox 09:24 PM 01-05-2009
Anyone know where I can get a 3 foot Cohiba Band in Vinyl?

:-)

[Reply]
cort 09:25 PM 01-05-2009

Not sure but that would be F-IN Sweet!!!!!
[Reply]
SilverFox 09:03 AM 01-06-2009
On shelving. I will have shelving running on both walls meeting in the back corner. How can I put up strong supported shelving without having to put ugly ass brackets in?
[Reply]
MikeyC 09:09 AM 01-06-2009
On shelving. I will have shelving running on both walls meeting in the back corner. How can I put up strong supported shelving without having to put ugly ass brackets in?
You want to do what is called "floating shelves." I know you can buy these shelves at many places like home improvement stores. They come pre-finished, pre-cut, and with a mounting kit. However, I'm sure if you google "floating shelves" there's probably a "how to" on making your own somewhere on the internet. I usually starty with checking DIY.net for things like this.
[Reply]
ahc4353 09:11 AM 01-06-2009
How wide are your shelves going to be?
[Reply]
MikeyC 09:11 AM 01-06-2009

I'm not aware of anywhere you could buy one, but I bet if you brought a band to a local sign shop they could make one for you.
[Reply]
MikeyC 09:14 AM 01-06-2009
What would be a REALLY cool floor is if you just took a piece of MDF or particle board, cut it to size, nail it in place, cover it edge to edge with a collage of cigar bands, and then top it off with a THICK coat of lacquer. Pretty similar to what Al is suggesting but slightly different. Very cost effective too. You'll just need A LOT of cigar bands. Maybe instead of doing the whole floor like this you could do this in the center and put a hardwood border around the edges.
[Reply]
SilverFox 09:16 AM 01-06-2009
that might work, I would have to fully seal the MDF on both sides as it would absorb the moisture.

Hmmm I like this idea
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up