Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Question about re-hydrating beads
PSUBALL10 08:51 AM 01-30-2009
Originally Posted by SmokinDuck:
Being in ND and the weather what it is right now, I have to add water to the beads every 2-3 days and that's after taping up the seal. I bought extra tubes and have them in a tuperware absorbing distilled water so I just rotate tubes when I need to.

Taping things up helps a lot. I can get this humi to hold at 65% now, before taping I couldn't get 50%. I had it open for a bit so that's why you see it at 60%

Blue painters tape was all I had so it don't look real pretty but it seals much better now.

Did you do the flashlight test? Drop a flashlight in there with it empty, then in a dark room, see if you can see any light leaking out. If you do, just add some tape and check again. I actually opened it a bit and looked down the edge to see where the light started to leak out. On the left side of this humi I have 4 layers of tape and only 2 on the right.

And yes, that is a Boveda pack in there. It is almost dead but I have the beads attached to the lid also. :-)

Once you get it nailed down then you can go back to sleeping through the night without having to worry about your sticks.
Thanks for the info, i will give this a shot.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up