Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Rubber-Dor
Catfish 09:16 AM 01-22-2009

Anyone else use these? I have a 2.5 gal. one.

I don't see where I can beat it. Airtight, will last forever, inexpensive as can be. A grocery store here has em on sale right now for $7.00.

Any input is greatly appreciated.
[Reply]
kayak_rat 09:27 AM 01-22-2009
It is totally sealed.....mold might be an issue. I have used them in the past for travel, but I did get mold when left in for long periods of time.
[Reply]
Catfish 09:51 AM 01-22-2009
I see. I thought an air-tight seal was something you wanted. So, you should want some air circulation?
[Reply]
Kreth 09:58 AM 01-22-2009
Originally Posted by Catfish:
I see. I thought an air-tight seal was something you wanted. So, you should want some air circulation?
Yeah, a humidor isn't air-tight, it just slows the transfer of air with the outside world. I have a tupperdor, and I just don't snap the lid down fully on one corner. It seems to be holding humidity fairly well.
[Reply]
Catfish 10:09 AM 01-22-2009
I am in mine every day. The lid's probably off for at least 2 min as I rotate the stock and pick my selections for the day. I wonder if that's enough air transfer that I can keep the lid snapped.
[Reply]
68TriShield 10:19 AM 01-22-2009
I am in mine every day. The lid's probably off for at least 2 min as I rotate the stock and pick my selections for the day. I wonder if that's enough air transfer that I can keep the lid snapped.
as long as there isn't too much of a humidity source in there.You will need little if any added humidity if you keep it sealed.
[Reply]
WyGuy 12:46 PM 01-22-2009
I'd say there is plenty of air exchange going on if your in it everday. I use a cooler, as many do, and i would think their pretty air tight and I haven't had any problems.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
pmp 04:55 PM 01-22-2009
Before I started selling humidors I used a cooler lined with cedar regularly. It worked well and served its purpose but I didn't flaunt it, never took it out of the closet in fact unless I was transferring cigars. But to have a big cabinet in your living/dining room....that to me can't be beat. They are pricey but they do the job of aging cigars like no other.
[Reply]
BORIStheBLADE 06:08 PM 01-22-2009
I used them for over a year. Never had an issue.
[Reply]
shilala 10:47 PM 01-22-2009
Excellent price and an excellent option.
The only way mold will become an issue is if you have standing water or humidity over 80%.
Use some good beads to control your humidity and you'll have an awesome tupperdor. :-)
[Reply]
Da Klugs 10:55 PM 01-22-2009
Originally Posted by shilala:
Excellent price and an excellent option.
The only way mold will become an issue is if you have standing water or humidity over 80%.
Use some good beads to control your humidity and you'll have an awesome tupperdor. :-)
:-)

Just little coolers. A singles cooler. Coolers rock. No better smell than opening one up that has been closed for a month or so.
[Reply]
eber 04:58 PM 01-24-2009
I have the exact same 2.5 gal one and I use it for overflow now, mine was not completley air tight which was nice for my purposes. it did hold humidity very well and I actually had to take my humidification device out because it was getting too high.
[Reply]
dunng 05:01 PM 01-24-2009
Walmart has one too that snaps on all 4 sides... works great! :-)
[Reply]
hotreds 05:46 PM 01-24-2009
As good as gold!
[Reply]
Up