Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Looking for a cigar holder for the golf course
19thHole 01:00 PM 01-07-2009
Originally Posted by SMW:
Without a doubt, the Little Judy is the way to go. They're incredibly inexpensive and I've being using mine for years (in fact, I've only actually had one break in over 8 years...pretty durable for a sub $10 piece of plastic, eh?).
This is absolutely the NEXT thing I am purchasing. This is exactly what I need. Great suggestion! FYI, the plastic version is much cheaper, around 3 bucks. The aluminum ones are in the 12 dollar range... I cannot wait to use this.
[Reply]
tsolomon 01:16 PM 01-07-2009
Originally Posted by MikeyC:

I had one of these for a while before I left it in a cart. It worked great except when I would get to the nub. It would be too hard to get in and out such a small piece of cigar.
I use this, it's called the cigar minder and they work great until you leave them on the cart. The nub can be a problem, but then it's time to light the next cigar. :-)
[Reply]
SMW 03:26 PM 01-07-2009
Originally Posted by 19thHole:
This is absolutely the NEXT thing I am purchasing. This is exactly what I need. Great suggestion! FYI, the plastic version is much cheaper, around 3 bucks. The aluminum ones are in the 12 dollar range... I cannot wait to use this.
Glad to hear it...you can also find different versions by simply typing "Little Judy" into Google. But I'm glad I could help. Hopefully the greens in Ohio aren't quite as wet as they are here in Oregon.
[Reply]
MikeyC 03:34 PM 01-07-2009
Originally Posted by SMW:
Without a doubt, the Little Judy is the way to go. They're incredibly inexpensive and I've being using mine for years (in fact, I've only actually had one break in over 8 years...pretty durable for a sub $10 piece of plastic, eh?).
These are pretty good. I've had one for years. I only have two complaints:

1. You have to stoop over constantly to pick it up and put it down.
2. The little "posts" on the side of the platform limit the RG of cigars you can put on this. It takes a good size cigar to overload the LJ, but I don't like that limitation.

Last year, I bought a "tee gar" like device on c-bid. It was made by Wilson. It was a decent design but the quality of the plastic and durability was awful.
[Reply]
SMW 04:28 PM 01-07-2009
These are pretty good. I've had one for years. I only have two complaints:

1. You have to stoop over constantly to pick it up and put it down.
2. The little "posts" on the side of the platform limit the RG of cigars you can put on this. It takes a good size cigar to overload the LJ, but I don't like that limitation.

Last year, I bought a "tee gar" like device on c-bid. It was made by Wilson. It was a decent design but the quality of the plastic and durability was awful.
I agree with you on the stooping over part for sure. At the very least, it forces us to want to take lesser strokes I guess. But I've heard very similar reports on the Wilson piece. You would think a major manufacturer like a Wilson would make a better product. Too bad though.
[Reply]
rizzle 12:45 PM 01-12-2009
Be a man and put it on the ground, you bunch of elitist snobs.

Sheesh!
:-)
[Reply]
s15driftking 12:50 PM 01-12-2009
Originally Posted by rizzle:

Sheesh!

You are right... i'll use my teegar... and you can grow a 3rd ear from all those grass chemicals!!!

J/k of course!
[Reply]
jwintosh 12:56 PM 01-12-2009
Originally Posted by tsolomon:
I use this, it's called the cigar minder and they work great until you leave them on the cart. The nub can be a problem, but then it's time to light the next cigar. :-)
works great! but it is easy to leave behind...
[Reply]
SMW 08:39 AM 01-13-2009
Originally Posted by rizzle:

Sheesh!
I know, I know...it's more of a habit now then anything else.
[Reply]
MikeyC 08:42 AM 01-13-2009
I like that REALLY tall Tee-gar from the video, but I think if I ever used it all my golf buddies would laugh me off the course. :-)
[Reply]
Parshooter 09:40 AM 01-13-2009
I've been smoking and golfing for over 10 years. Had all the gadgets, lost all the gadgets. Now, if I am smoking while golfing, I just rest the cigar on top of my golf bag, nestled in amongst the clubs. If I'm riding, I use the black rubber windshield bump-stop thingy (when windshield is down) or just the put it on the console where the cup holders are.
[Reply]
MikeyC 09:48 AM 01-13-2009
This summer I balanced my cigar on the edge of the "basket" behind the seat of the golf cart. Needless to say it rolled off and got caught between the cart and my bag. It made quite a few burn marks on the strap of my golf bag. :-)
[Reply]
Kreth 05:16 PM 01-13-2009
How about the Hole-In-One?
[Reply]
MikeyC 07:42 PM 01-13-2009
Originally Posted by Kreth:
How about the Hole-In-One?
My only concern with that one would be . . . will larger RG cigars fit through the hole?
[Reply]
Kreth 07:56 PM 01-13-2009
My only concern with that one would be . . . will larger RG cigars fit through the hole?
Looks like up to 54 RG from the site.
[Reply]
SMW 05:25 PM 01-14-2009
This summer I balanced my cigar on the edge of the "basket" behind the seat of the golf cart. Needless to say it rolled off and got caught between the cart and my bag. It made quite a few burn marks on the strap of my golf bag. :-)
We've all been there before. Show me a golfer that smokes without burn marks on their bag, and I'll show you someone who either doesn't golf enough or doesn't smoke enough.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up