Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Brother Personal Handheld Labeler - Office Depot
Raralith 01:48 PM 01-05-2009
01/05/2008, just saw the weekly advertisement for Office Depot and I saw that the "Brother Personal Handheld Labeler" was on sale for $9.99, normally $29.99 or 65% off. Well shoot, there's an Office Depot right next to me so I headed there during lunch, nabbed one, and just printed a label. It comes with instructions, includes a cartridge of tape so you don't need to buy more, and requires 4 AAA batteries (batteries not included). The construction is mostly plastic and while not rock solid, it's feels good in the hands and is well made. Setup was easy; just pop in the batteries, cartage, and power it on. Typing is simple, printing isn't really slow, and the tape itself is a bit wider than 1 inch. Full keyboard, and symbol and numbers are also available. If you don't have a labeler, this may be the best time, especially for $10.
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 01:53 PM 01-05-2009
I've had one for a while and I agree, it is a great label maker. I even label some cigars with it.
[Reply]
Agent11br 01:57 PM 01-05-2009
Would the adhesive used to make the labels sticky have an effect overtime on the sticks?
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 01:59 PM 01-05-2009
Originally Posted by Agent11br:
Would the adhesive used to make the labels sticky have an effect overtime on the sticks?
I don't peel the back off the tape to expose the adhesive. Just wrap the whole label around and use clear tape to secure it.
[Reply]
dunng 02:03 PM 01-05-2009
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan:
I don't peel the back off the tape to expose the adhesive. Just wrap the whole label around and use clear tape to secure it.
I use the label on top of a blank band... :-)

(sorry for the crappy cell phone pic)
[Reply]
Up