Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>lampe berger
livwire68 03:36 AM 12-03-2008
Just curious if anyone has used them? Do they work at all or do they just heavily scent? I dont mind a light scent but not perfume while smoking.
[Reply]
HK3- 04:15 AM 12-03-2008
I have owned one for four years now and I like it. Depending on what "scent" you get for it, it pretty much just covers the smell. It's great to light after you smoke.... not during.
[Reply]
croatan 07:45 AM 12-03-2008
I have three of them and have been using them for eight or nine years. They work great. Even after smoking multiple cigars in my living room, I can light one of them, let it burn for a little while, and no one complains about the smell anymore.
[Reply]
ucla695 06:02 PM 12-03-2008
I have a buddy that uses one when he smokes in the house and there's no trace of cigar smell. As HK3 said, please use it after you smoke, otherwise it will interfere with all of the kindness from the cigar.
[Reply]
paul95se 06:22 PM 12-03-2008
jaymz and I just purchased a couple of these. They seem to work pretty well! Gonna try some homemade fuel here soon.
http://www.number1fragrance.com/shop...roducts_id=402

Much cheaper than the real Lamp Bergers.

hmmm..apparently that link does not show the lamp anymore. In fact, their selection is much smaller since our order and post. I think I might be asking for some commission...lol
[Reply]
BlackIrish 07:37 AM 01-07-2009
Hmmm. Any recommendations on a good masculine fragrance?
[Reply]
HK3- 10:34 AM 01-07-2009
Originally Posted by BlackIrish:
Enlish Leather. :-)
[Reply]
Cigary 03:00 PM 01-07-2009
There was a post on this maybe on another cigar site,,,can't remember,,but one member mentioned the oils and the simple holder with the tea candles underneath that we have seen,,,esp. those of us who are married as the wife likes to have these in the rooms. They work great and he even went as far as to say using just a few drops of water with the oil to enhance the aroma so that it isn't overpowering,,something like 2 drops of water for every 10 of the oil. We tried it and it works great as sometimes the oils would be a bit too much,,,this way with a bit of H2O you get more mileage from the oil and it makes a much more soothing aroma.
[Reply]
Bear 03:21 PM 01-07-2009
Originally Posted by BlackIrish:
I'm a fan of the citrus ones (lemon or grapefruit). :-)
[Reply]
rhythm11 04:38 PM 01-07-2009
I have one of these and when I used it and I loved it. The oils are not the cheapest but it does work.
[Reply]
Wharf Rat 07:21 PM 01-07-2009
They are useful to distribute a scent. I don't necessarily buy the catalytic hype.

The expensive fuel can be homemade using 91% isopropyl alcohol from your drugstore. You can add whatever scented oil to it you choose. I like essential oil of lemon.

Bob
[Reply]
tchariya 10:14 PM 01-07-2009
Originally Posted by Bear:
I'm a fan of the citrus ones (lemon or grapefruit). :-)
I like things that smell like baked goods.
[Reply]
Cigary 03:32 PM 01-08-2009
Myself,,,I love the smell of cigars but my guess is the wife won't see that as a plus!
[Reply]
Bear 09:16 PM 01-08-2009
Originally Posted by tchariya:
I like things that smell like baked goods.
Have you tried the chocolate one?
[Reply]
doctorcue 11:24 PM 01-08-2009
The vanilla one smells good.

If you just want the benefits without the scent; buy the unscented oil.
[Reply]
Up