Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Leaky Humi Help
CigarDood 11:43 AM 10-21-2008
I recently picked this humi because (a) I got a good deal and (b) my wife doesn't hate it.

However, it appears that the seal isn't very good. In particular, there is a small gap around door and a poor seal around one of the glass windows. I have about a pound of beads in there, and the humidity is holding constant at 65%. Should I worry that it's not 100% tight? If so, does anyone have any suggestions on what to use to seal it?
[Reply]
Old Sailor 12:08 PM 10-21-2008
I would seal the door with some weather stipping, for the glass use some clear silicon but let it cure and air out before you add your cigars.:-)
[Reply]
chippewastud79 12:14 PM 10-21-2008
If it is holding solid at 65% consistently it probably isn't as bad as it seems. My cab doesn't seal flawlesly, but it holds constant so I get over it. If you are paranoid, try the silicone sealer around the glass and some weather stripping around the door. :-)

If you suspect it has a bad seal, try the flashlight test. :-)
[Reply]
Agent11br 10:51 AM 12-29-2008
To the OP:

I know this is somewhat from the dead but I just got the same humi to store excess stockpiling, only one shelf less (the smaller of the two), and have noticed the same issue with the door seal. What did you end up utilizing?

I was thinking of getting some very thin foam weather stripping so the door would still shut. Anyone have the same or similar style with a solution?
[Reply]
Cyclone 12:13 PM 12-29-2008
Originally Posted by chippewastud79:
If you suspect it has a bad seal, try the flashlight test. :-)
Now THAT is some funny sh*t!!! :-):-)
[Reply]
CigarDood 05:25 AM 01-20-2009
Originally Posted by Agent11br:
To the OP:

I know this is somewhat from the dead but I just got the same humi to store excess stockpiling, only one shelf less (the smaller of the two), and have noticed the same issue with the door seal. What did you end up utilizing?

I was thinking of getting some very thin foam weather stripping so the door would still shut. Anyone have the same or similar style with a solution?
I tried weather stripping, and it didn't work because there were leaks around the glass panels. In the end, I just returned it.
[Reply]
dunng 06:28 AM 01-20-2009
It it is just the door, you might want to try something like this... It's very thin but expands to fill the void.

:-)
[Reply]
Up