Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 30
< 12 3412 > Last »
Sports>New York Yankees 2011
MedicCook 08:43 PM 01-04-2011
The Yankees are showing interest in Jeremy Bonderman.
[Reply]
MedicCook 10:47 PM 01-04-2011
Originally Posted by MedicCook:
Yankees Trivia:

Which graduate of Dartmouth College was the first Yankees thrid baseman to start an MLB All-Star game?

Answer is Red Rolfe (1937)

No one guessed it so the prize will roll over to the next time.
[Reply]
MedicCook 11:01 PM 01-04-2011
Yankees Fact:

Fritz Maisel is the only Yankees plaer to ever steal 50 or more bases in a season yet fail to score 100 runs. He accomplished the feat twice: 1914 and 1915.

January 5th Birthdays: Henry Cotto, Ron Kittle
[Reply]
jonumberone 06:11 AM 01-05-2011
Ryan did you get a Yankees trivia calendar for Christmas?

If so, you're now on the hook for another 360 tidbits of Yankee's facts and fun! :-)
[Reply]
MedicCook 10:04 AM 01-05-2011
I did. :-)
[Reply]
BigAsh 10:45 AM 01-05-2011
Originally Posted by jonumberone:
Ryan did you get a Yankees trivia calendar for Christmas?
I did. :-)
Like a wise man once said..."Now you got toilet paper for the year!" :-)
[Reply]
MedicCook 10:47 AM 01-05-2011
Originally Posted by BigAsh:
Like a wise man once said..."Now you got toilet paper for the year!" :-)
Right now it looks that way. The Red Sox are very deep this year.
[Reply]
BigAsh 10:51 AM 01-05-2011
just gotta stay healthy...
[Reply]
MedicCook 10:55 AM 01-05-2011
I wish Pettitte would make up his mind. Then there is only one hole to fill in the rotation.
[Reply]
Subvet642 11:01 AM 01-05-2011
The Red Sox are very deep this year.
Yup! :-)
[Reply]
BigAsh 11:06 AM 01-05-2011
I wish Pettitte would make up his mind. Then there is only one hole to fill in the rotation.
You think he comes back?
[Reply]
jonumberone 12:03 PM 01-05-2011
Don't crown them yet!
A-Gon is a big addition, and I am not going to diminish his value, but let him prove his worth in the AL east first.
Lots more pressure now and they will pitch him different than in the NL.
The Crawford signing was one of Theo's worst.
He's a GOOD player, but a player who's main + attribute (speed) will be diminished playing left in Fenway.
Also if you watched any Red Sox baseball last year, the team MVP was Beltre!
Lester was brilliant last year and I thought Bucholtz was better, but he still hasn't pitched a full season.
Beckett is another year older and never made his money in the regular season.
And one of these years Papi won't be able to turn around his awful start.
[Reply]
Starscream 12:06 PM 01-05-2011
Originally Posted by jonumberone:
Don't crown them yet!
A-Gon is a big addition, and I am not going to diminish his value, but let him prove his worth in the AL east first.
Lots more pressure now and they will pitch him different than in the NL.
The Crawford signing was one of Theo's worst.
He's a GOOD player, but a player who's main + attribute (speed) will be diminished playing left in Fenway.
Also if you watched any Red Sox baseball last year, the team MVP was Beltre!
Lester was brilliant last year and I thought Bucholtz was better, but he still hasn't pitched a full season.
Beckett is another year older and never made his money in the regular season.
And one of these years Papi won't be able to turn around his awful start.
As a Reds fan, trust me when I say that A-Gon is NOT a big addition. He'll be a headache for the fans most of the year. He could be a great player but is on the DL a lot, goes into big-time slumps and his range is overrated.
[Reply]
Subvet642 12:43 PM 01-05-2011
Originally Posted by andysutherland:
As a Reds fan, trust me when I say that A-Gon is NOT a big addition. He'll be a headache for the fans most of the year. He could be a great player but is on the DL a lot, goes into big-time slumps and his range is overrated.
Perhaps, but you have to look at the whole line-up; they will be all mutually supporting, in that, until you get to the 8 and 9 spots, it'll be "pick your poison". Just who would you pitch around? The two weak spots, as I see it, are V-Tek and Scutaro, and they most likely will bat 8 and 9. Also important to remember is that they'll play 81 games in our little band-box in Boston; the wall giveth and the wall taketh away. If Crawford and Ellsbury bat toward the top of the line-up (as I suspect), imagine the base running possibilities.
[Reply]
MedicCook 10:53 AM 01-06-2011
Yankees Trivia:

Who hold the Yankees record for the highest single-season batting average by a catcher?
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 03:19 PM 01-06-2011
Originally Posted by Subvet642:
Perhaps, but you have to look at the whole line-up; they will be all mutually supporting, in that, until you get to the 8 and 9 spots, it'll be "pick your poison". Just who would you pitch around? The two weak spots, as I see it, are V-Tek and Scutaro, and they most likely will bat 8 and 9. Also important to remember is that they'll play 81 games in our little band-box in Boston; the wall giveth and the wall taketh away. If Crawford and Ellsbury bat toward the top of the line-up (as I suspect), imagine the base running possibilities.
Varitek is a big hole, and Saltalamacchia can't throw or hit for beans. At least the Yanks have options with their catchers. Crawford got overpayed big time, but i'm happy Boston did it and not the Yanks :-)
[Reply]
zappaFREAK 03:26 PM 01-06-2011
TRIVIA ANSWER:
Bill Dickey in 1936 with a .362 average!!
Never saw him play but hall of famers can't be bad!!!
[Reply]
The Poet 03:29 PM 01-06-2011
The Red Sox are very deep this year.
The Rod Sux are very deep every year . . . and we all know in what. :-)
[Reply]
MedicCook 09:56 PM 01-06-2011
And we still wait on Pettitte. At least he is not pulling a Brett Favre and holding press conferences every 5 minutes.

Scott BorASS stated that the Yankees are the only team Soriano would be willing to play for and not close.
[Reply]
MedicCook 12:17 AM 01-07-2011
Yankees Trivia:

Who hold the Yankees record for the highest single-season batting average by a catcher?
Originally Posted by zappaFREAK:
TRIVIA ANSWER:
Bill Dickey in 1936 with a .362 average!!
Never saw him play but hall of famers can't be bad!!!
Congrats on the correct answer. :-) You prize will be maing fun of REd Sox fans. :-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 30
< 12 3412 > Last »
Up