Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 4
1 23 > Last »
General Discussion>Reasons to hate cold weather
jjirons69 06:54 AM 11-25-2013
I know I don't know what real cold weather is due to being raised in the South, but I can still hate the weather we get.

Reasons:

First and foremost - static electricity. Seems like every piece of clothes I know is a mini Tesla coil.

Second - dry nasal passages and dry skin. My nose turns upside down in the winter. I'm not a big lotion guy, but I'm forced to use it in the winter time.

I've got another several months of dealing with both of these. Yah...
[Reply]
Heavy_d 08:01 AM 11-25-2013
Originally Posted by jjirons69:
I know I don't know what real cold weather is due to being raised in the South, but I can still hate the weather we get.

Reasons:

First and foremost - static electricity. Seems like every piece of clothes I know is a mini Tesla coil.

Second - dry nasal passages and dry skin. My nose turns upside down in the winter. I'm not a big lotion guy, but I'm forced to use it in the winter time.

I've got another several months of dealing with both of these. Yah...
I feel you and agree whole heartedly. Especially about static. I've got a kinda fuzzy grey shirt I love for winter, it's good and warm, but it generates enough electricity to power a small city every time I wear it.
[Reply]
Remo 08:10 AM 11-25-2013
[ATTACH]14068[/ATTACH

I hate it because it's cold!!
Attached: image.jpg (77.6 KB) 
[Reply]
Steve 08:37 AM 11-25-2013
No kidding Jamie, looks like winter is about to set in down here...got down into the mid/low 50s here last night. Got to enjoy a tasty cigar, a warm fire, with a hot lady last night!

Brrrr...

:-)
[Reply]
icehog3 08:37 AM 11-25-2013
Originally Posted by Remo:

I hate it because it's cold!!
I hate it because it's not warm!!
[Reply]
markem 08:47 AM 11-25-2013
You need a reason to hate cold weather? :-)

I hear ya on all you are saying. We don't get the static, much, but until about February we are all about dry sinuses and throats. After that, it is all about moss on the skin - but we have nice skin :-)
[Reply]
Remo 08:49 AM 11-25-2013
Originally Posted by icehog3:
I hate it because it's not warm!!
Or that :-)
[Reply]
MrClean 08:53 AM 11-25-2013
Originally Posted by Steve:
No kidding Jamie, looks like winter is about to set in down here...got down into the mid/low 50s here last night. Got to enjoy a tasty cigar, a warm fire, with a hot lady last night!

Brrrr...

Good to see your wife smiling and enjoying the 'cold' weather with you. :-)
[Reply]
14holestogie 08:55 AM 11-25-2013
One word... Shrinkage! :-)
[Reply]
Steve 08:56 AM 11-25-2013
Originally Posted by MrClean:
Good to see your wife smiling and enjoying the 'cold' weather with you. :-)
Thanks!

She has been wanting a fire, and was feeling pretty good this weekend so I figured it was time.
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 09:01 AM 11-25-2013
Yah! Lemme tell you it got down to about 63 last night! :-)
[Reply]
MrClean 09:08 AM 11-25-2013
It was in the lower teens this weekend, felt pretty good to me. All you whiney old men need to put on a few more layers.

[Reply]
dwoodward 09:13 AM 11-25-2013
I hear you on the tesla coil bit. My cat becomes a static discharge machine in the winter. Visible arcs are not uncommon from him lol.
[Reply]
cmitch 09:36 AM 11-25-2013
We have a local 4 star hotel, Marriott Shoals Hotel and Spa, that has a back patio with fire pits. They put up side walls in the winter to help with the comfort. Smoking cigars is welcome, too. We were there last night and it was 29º outside, about 55º on the patio.
Attached: mslmc_phototour50.jpg (43.0 KB) mslmc_phototour63.jpg (44.6 KB) 
[Reply]
jjirons69 12:02 PM 11-25-2013
I'll share my static electricity trick - I know most of my coats were made in the Telsa lab, so I hold my pocket knife in my hand and allow it to ground on door knobs, door frames, etc. before I use my bare hand. You see a hell of a spark and very minimal jolt. It's almost routine now. Nothing like getting shocked on the lips when kissing your kids or wife though. It almost pisses me off.
[Reply]
icehog3 01:14 PM 11-25-2013
Originally Posted by 14holestogie:
I know you can't afford that, Tim!
[Reply]
Dave128 02:22 PM 11-25-2013
Originally Posted by 14holestogie:
Originally Posted by icehog3:
I know you can't afford that, Tim!

I WAS IN THE POOL......

The high today was about 31*. Seems as though winter is starting to slowly settle in for the long haul around here.
[Reply]
bruceolee 02:31 PM 11-25-2013
Tell me about it! The frigid winters of south Florida are brutal! The sunny cloudless skies, The high temps in the low 70's or upper 60's, The nights in the mid 50's, and the tough snowless landscapes it's no wonder we don't get more fatalities every year. All i can say is I hear ya brothers...............:-)
[Reply]
icehog3 02:40 PM 11-25-2013
Funny, Dave! :-)

Bite me, Jason. :-) :-)
[Reply]
jjirons69 06:15 AM 01-28-2014
Another GREAT reason - Ice/sleet/freezing rain. We see so little of it in the South and when it comes, the world is in full stupid-mode. I've got an aggravating Bradford Pear tree in my yard that will undoubtedly succumb to any frozen precipitation. Potential hurricanes are bad enough - I didn't sign up for this mess coming our way!!
[Reply]
Page 1 of 4
1 23 > Last »
Up