Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
General Discussion>PooPal Fraud
mahtofire14 02:07 PM 03-06-2014
Hey guys, just wanted to make everyone aware since many of us use this service here. I recieived 5 confirmation emails this morning from poopal stating that my account had been charged $150 5 times for purchases through Sony Network Entertainment. I have no idea where these came from or what they are so I called and had the Fraud Department get going on it. They told me they were definitely unauthorized charges and had me change my password and security questions and then gave me the great new that the charges would hit my bank account.

I'm not worried too much about it because I will be refunded the money but those who use this service may want to think about changing their security measures just in case. I'm hoping this is limited to me personally, and not the latest national hack job. Anyway, just wanted people to be aware.
[Reply]
irratebass 02:08 PM 03-06-2014
Thanks for the info Pete....:-)
[Reply]
icehog3 02:13 PM 03-06-2014
Not a bad idea to change your password every few months on any finacial web account....and have different ones for each.
[Reply]
hotreds 02:27 PM 03-06-2014
Thanks for the heads up!
[Reply]
CigarNut 05:08 PM 03-06-2014
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Not a bad idea to change your password every few months on any finacial web account....and have different ones for each.
What he says! Also, be careful where and when you log into your financial accounts -- avoid public or unknown networks and public places where someone can watch you enter your username and password.
[Reply]
Up