Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
General Discussion>He's not a dog he's a horse!
bruceolee 07:12 PM 02-11-2014
Back in October I got Gus my Golden Lab (Half Golden/Half Labrador) and what started as a cute little puppy has turned into a small horse

Then

Now

He's now 6 months old and when he starts acting like a puppy it's hard to remember that he's still just a pup and not a full grown beast. Just thought I'd share that with you guys. Gotta love him though! He's super smart and a big dumb oaf at the same time. :-)
[Reply]
G G 07:14 PM 02-11-2014
:-)
[Reply]
EricF 07:19 PM 02-11-2014
Gorgeous dog Jason! :-)

I have 2 labs and had a Golden They are great dogs!!!
[Reply]
equetefue 07:26 PM 02-11-2014
Beautiful dog. Looks like is well taken care off
[Reply]
bruceolee 07:36 PM 02-11-2014
Originally Posted by equetefue:
Beautiful dog. Looks like is well taken care off
Oh he's WELL fed with 2 walks a day plus a trip to the dog park every other day. He's a typical lab. He loves other dogs and he LOVES children. I'm thinking of getting him a brother just to have another dog to help expend all his energy. I have a fenced in yard but without another dog to run around with he does't use the space as well as I'd like even with me playing with him.

BTW he's 7 weeks old in the first pic. :-)
[Reply]
CigarNut 08:36 PM 02-11-2014
Very cool Dog!
[Reply]
Flynnster 08:37 PM 02-11-2014
Looks great! Got my pup just over a year ago and had the same reaction when I realized how big she got. What's he weighing in at?

Also, as for keeping him entertained by himself in the backyard, they make big plastic balls that have holes so treats fall out once in a while. It usually keeps them going for quite a while.
Another option is to teach him to smoke cigars, I'm sure he'd be fine with dog rockets. That will keep him entertained for an hour or so.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 05:33 AM 02-12-2014
Wow, he sure grew up! Our new Corgi, Lily turns 2 today.
[Reply]
massphatness 07:43 AM 02-12-2014
Nice pooch - it took my golden until she was about 4 1/2 before she really shook off he puppiness. Enjoy! And keep on keeping on with the frequent exercise -- has made all the difference in the world for our dog. A tired dog is a good dog.
[Reply]
longknocker 10:13 AM 02-12-2014
He & Scott's Dog, "Bubs" Should Get Together!:-):-):-)
[Reply]
STEVE S 10:16 AM 02-12-2014
Very nice looking dog, Jason. I do agree with you, they grow up very fast.
[Reply]
Heavy_d 03:57 PM 02-13-2014
Beautiful pup! :-). My cousin has a Great Dane pup who thinks she's a lap dog. She hasn't yet realized she's the size of a pony!
[Reply]
Up