Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
All Cigar Discussion>Olivia "O" Classic
BlackDog 07:55 PM 10-22-2008
I just smoked an Olivia "O" Classic. I wish I could remember who I got it from. Wow, what a fine cigar. But now, 20 minutes later after looking on the big cigar sites, I can't find it. It has a red band with a big "O", and a smaller red band beneath with the word "Classic" on it. Is this discontinued? Has it been replaced by the "Serie O"? Is it the same blend? I want more!! :-)
[Reply]
bazookajoe 08:02 PM 10-22-2008
They're discontinued. The Serie O is not the same, but give all the Olivas a try. If you liked the classic you'll probably find a few of their current blends that you'll like.
[Reply]
ucla695 08:05 PM 10-22-2008
I also enjoy these cigars and was bummed to find out that they were discontinued. I haven't tried any of the new blends, but I'm sure they're worth trying.
[Reply]
BlackDog 08:06 PM 10-22-2008
Poop. Thanks for the info guys.
[Reply]
Skywalker 09:15 PM 10-22-2008
Happens to me all the time! I like something and then find out that they are discontinued!!!:-)
[Reply]
BengalMan 09:31 PM 10-22-2008
Check out the Oliva Serie O.
[Reply]
Scottw 09:33 PM 10-22-2008
Originally Posted by BengalMan:
Check out the Oliva Serie O.
Yes, the 'O' is a fine stick indeed and very affordable
[Reply]
funnymantrip 09:34 PM 10-22-2008
If you still are jonesing for one a b/m down by my parents still had quite a few boxes in stock when I was there over the weekend.
[Reply]
papajohn67 10:18 PM 10-22-2008
Originally Posted by BlackDog:
I just smoked an Olivia "O" Classic. I wish I could remember who I got it from. Wow, what a fine cigar. But now, 20 minutes later after looking on the big cigar sites, I can't find it. It has a red band with a big "O", and a smaller red band beneath with the word "Classic" on it. Is this discontinued? Has it been replaced by the "Serie O"? Is it the same blend? I want more!! :-)
Surprise, surprise I still have a few of those. Want a couple (?) then PM me a mailing address.

BTW the replacement/new line of the O's are good cigars. Just hard on some of us who really loved the old line that they replaced.
[Reply]
papajohn67 10:21 PM 10-22-2008
Originally Posted by funnymantrip:
If you still are jonesing for one a b/m down by my parents still had quite a few boxes in stock when I was there over the weekend.

By any chance do they have any of the Oliva Bolds, i.e. the Oliva Bold Ole?
[Reply]
jaycarla 10:33 PM 10-22-2008
Originally Posted by papajohn67:

I am floored it took you this long for that question.:-)
[Reply]
bobarian 10:41 PM 10-22-2008
Originally Posted by jaycarla:
I am floored it took you this long for that question.:-)
:-):-):-)

John, Can you tell us the evolution of the Oliva labels? I have some of the cloth bands and also the paper band with the large O. Were the "Classic" and "Bold" second labels added at a later date?
[Reply]
papajohn67 10:57 PM 10-22-2008
Originally Posted by bobarian:

John, Can you tell us the evolution of the Oliva labels? I have some of the cloth bands and also the paper band with the large O. Were the "Classic" and "Bold" second labels added at a later date?
I'm hardly the one to answer that question but I'm pretty sure it was the cloth bands then the paper. I know the last of the red labled bolds when they were discontined (summer 06?) were sporting paper bands.
[Reply]
Whee 12:38 AM 10-23-2008
http://www.holts.com/images/samplers...egould_big.jpg

This sampler is available from Holt's. $24.95. got some decent sticks in there as well.
[Reply]
funnymantrip 07:52 AM 10-23-2008

No I do not recall seeing any just the new style/old style classic O with the paper band...
[Reply]
elderboy02 08:02 AM 10-23-2008
Originally Posted by bobarian:

BengalMan (Ian) should know the answer to this question. He is the most qualified to answer.
[Reply]
dunng 08:18 AM 10-23-2008
Cloth Band Olivas... :-) :-)

:-)
[Reply]
Sancho 08:27 AM 10-23-2008
Originally Posted by dunng:
Cloth Band Olivas... :-) :-)

:-)
You said it! :-) Those are awsome sticks
[Reply]
jechelman 09:37 AM 10-23-2008
I'm hardly the one to answer that question but I'm pretty sure it was the cloth bands then the paper. I know the last of the red labled bolds when they were discontined (summer 06?) were sporting paper bands.
I agree that the paper bands came after the cloth but don't know when that change took place. I had a cloth banded Bold Ole with a little plume on it last night and it was yummy!
[Reply]
FriskyDingo 11:41 AM 10-23-2008
The original Oliva "O" series with the red cloth band was the first cigar I ever had. That was what started me off in this hobby. They were amazing cigars.
If you are wanting to purchase some, check out these two sites:

http://www.indulgecigars.com/cgi-bin...fdolivotorpsam

http://www.bonitasmokeshop.com/Oliva%20Cigars.htm

I still purchase mine from Bonita's! :-)
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up