View Poll Results: Which one?
Box 40 42.55%
Bundle 5 5.32%
Fiver 39 41.49%
Single 10 10.64%
Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll
Page 3 of 3
< 123
All Cigar Discussion>Box, Bundle, Fiver or Single?
Boobar 10:24 AM 10-22-2008
I used to 5-packs but I tended to get to many cigars that I would try and not like and then have 3-4 left over. Lately I have been buying singles to try and then if I like them I buy 5-packs. I don't really buy any boxes because I don't have enough room to store them.

I know, I know, coolerdor. :-)
[Reply]
Clampdown 10:25 AM 10-22-2008
I tend to over research my buys and will go weeks reading reviews, talking with people who have smoked such and such ciger. Ill spend the week putting the box in my cart, taking it out, in etc. I have been very lucky, thanks to the internet you can pretty much get reviews on anything.
[Reply]
blckthree 10:54 AM 10-22-2008
Fiver's to give something a try. If it is something I really like, I'll buy a box. However, since I have only two humi's and no Vino, I have to limit box purchases.

Mike :-)
[Reply]
Lucky_Hippo 10:57 AM 10-22-2008
I prefer boxes, but have latley ended up with bundles for the cost difference.
[Reply]
rizzle 10:57 AM 10-22-2008
I'd have to say a fiver to try them and if I like them enough my next purchase of that cigar will be a box.
[Reply]
Skywalker 12:51 PM 10-22-2008
So far I am really surprised by this poll!!!

I really expected boxes to win out but it looks like more of you like fivers (30%)!!!

[Reply]
massphatness 12:54 PM 10-22-2008
If you're buying, D, make mine a box.
[Reply]
MithShrike 12:57 PM 10-22-2008
I like boxes.
[Reply]
Skywalker 01:15 PM 10-22-2008
Originally Posted by massphatness:
If you're buying, D, make mine a box.
Ha ha ha!!!:-)

If I were a surgeon I would make yours a box!!!:-)

[Reply]
AriesOpusX 02:45 PM 10-22-2008
If I smoke something frequently and I like it, buying by the box is best. For new cigars singles. Hardly ever purchase any 5 packs.
[Reply]
doctorcue 05:57 PM 10-22-2008
Like many things in life... I desire the box. :-)
[Reply]
hotreds 06:03 PM 10-22-2008
Fivers unless I REALLY wanna spend big bucks on a box and I know I love the stogie. Usually one cigar is not enough to form a valid opinion- unless it's really horrible. Actually, I'll buy the fiver, keep three to try, and send two to the troops or put them in my "to bomb" humi.
[Reply]
DMK 06:41 PM 10-22-2008
I didn't know how to vote 'cuz I buy boxes of CC's and usually 5ers of NC's.
After I tried and like the NC's then I will buy a box.:-)
[Reply]
G G 07:33 PM 10-22-2008
Fivers followed by singles for me. I have rarely bought a box, due to the cost of most boxes that I like. I like to buy a lot of different smokes, so I can have a varied stash.:-)
[Reply]
CHRONO14 08:35 PM 10-22-2008
I'll normally buy 1-3 at the B&M to try a new stick and if I like it I get a box. However, I do have a crap load of singles from purchases of samplers on cs that I'm working through. I don't think I've smoked more than one of any stick (except the la riquezas:-)) in the last few months because of trying new stuff.
[Reply]
bobarian 08:41 PM 10-22-2008
There is no option for all of the above! I'm not picky as long as the box has a little green sticker on the outside!:-):-):-)
[Reply]
Totemic 10:51 AM 10-23-2008
Oh wait. I thought this was a shopping list not a multiple choice...

Seriously, I buy all of them depending on the situation:

Singles - For those really expensive cigars that I want to try out (or those that interest me when I'm window shopping at my B&M).
5 packs - The ones I want to try that doesn't fit into the single category.
Boxes - For those that I like and come in boxes.
Bundles - For those that I like and come in bundles.

I figure there's a reason why my humidor is designed to hold both boxes and loose cigars. Far be it of me to go against the design of the humidor maker. :-)
[Reply]
Wolfgang 10:53 AM 10-23-2008
Unfortunatly i am a collage student and i only get to spend around 40 bucks every month on cigars. I guess you can say i have champagne taste with a beer budget! Oh i do love my RP Decades though :-)
[Reply]
Totemic 11:16 AM 10-23-2008
If you like the Decade and are on a tight budget, I would suggest you head over the CI and check out the RP X-Out Liga 'D'. They are the decade "seconds". Meaning pretty much the same taste but supposedly a cosmetic defect kept them from being banded.

Personally, I can't tell any difference between the X-Outs and the banded ones. And I'm pretty sure with my glasses on, my vision is 20/20.

Edit: Bugger, they are backordered. My bad.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up