Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
All Cigar Discussion>Tell me about Tatuaje Cigars
Starscream 06:27 PM 10-20-2008
bought a brown yesterday.
[Reply]
ucla695 06:50 PM 10-20-2008
I'm a big fan of the Brown labels. They are definitely worth checking out. I suggest you go pick up several sticks from the lines that your local B&M carries and see for yourself. You are bound to find something you like. :-)
[Reply]
Firridge1 07:19 PM 10-20-2008
Have said it before and will say it again. Tat Brown=Best NC currently being produced. I know they can be somewhat expensive especially compared to what one can purchase CC's for, but IMO they more than hold their own against most CC's. I like to grab a Tat Noella or a J-21 just as much as grabbing a Boli PC or a PSD4. Again just my opinion and everyone has one.
[Reply]
Clampdown 07:24 PM 10-20-2008
J21, has become pretty much the only NC i really look forward to smoking.
[Reply]
awsmith4 08:56 PM 10-20-2008
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan:
I wish somebody would set the record straight. I have read numerous interviews with Pete where he said when he started the company, he simply told Pepin what he wanted in a cigar and Pepin delivered on the second sample given to him. Inquiring minds want to know.

I believe Pete joined her the other day, maybe we can get him to settle this. I believe his username is Tatuaje. In fact I'll PM him now
[Reply]
Tatuaje 09:23 PM 10-20-2008
Hey Guys, To set the record straight. What is said on Moki's site is pretty spot on.

The vision for the brand is mine and the blends were created for me to smoke with my input. Yes, Pepin had tons to do with it but Tatuaje, Cabaiguan, La Riqueza ,etc. are all blends exclusively done for me. Pepin, Jaime and I work very close looking for the right tobaccos for my cigars. And of course Pepin and Jaime make all of my cigars. I count on them to make them perfect every time and to keep my vision on track.......

Pepin and I don't always agree with blend choices, that's why he has his own lines.

The original six sizes had different blends and the J21 & SW in the Reserva line are different blends.

Hope this helps.....

I am out for about 10 days traveling.....Keep the peace brothers......:-)
[Reply]
awsmith4 09:27 PM 10-20-2008
Originally Posted by Tatuaje:
Hey Guys, To set the record straight. What is said on Moki's site is pretty spot on.

The vision for the brand is mine and the blends were created for me to smoke with my input. Yes, Pepin had tons to do with it but Tatuaje, Cabaiguan, La Riqueza ,etc. are all blends exclusively done for me. Pepin, Jaime and I work very close looking for the right tobaccos for my cigars. And of course Pepin and Jaime make all of my cigars. I count on them to make them perfect every time and to keep my vision on track.......

Pepin and I don't always agree with blend choices, that's why he has his own lines.

The original six sizes had different blends and the J21 & SW in the Reserva line are different blends.

Hope this helps.....

Thanks for the response and clarity Pete. Happy travels :-)
[Reply]
elderboy02 09:32 PM 10-20-2008
Originally Posted by Tatuaje:

Hope this helps.....

Awesome. I am glad you are on here Pete. I was confused as well before this. :-)
[Reply]
Mr. Ed 09:34 PM 10-20-2008
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan:
All you need to know is that they are blended and made by Don Pepin! :-)
:-)

Try to seek out the Cabaiguan. Not as hyped as the other blends under the Tatuaje and Pete Johnson name, but definetly my favorite:t.
[Reply]
Sancho 07:02 AM 10-21-2008
For me the J21 is the abosolute best NC cigar in current(regular) production. I dont think you can find a better cigar for the money, the regular tat browns are good but the reserva line is better :-)
[Reply]
hdroadglide 08:47 AM 10-22-2008
from top to bottom i dont' think you'll find a better group of cigars than the brown labels. that's my personal opinion. i also think the reserva noella was one of the best ever made (which of course is no longer being made), the black label is excellent (we all know the availability there), and now i am standing in line to wait for the "monster"!!!
[Reply]
BroncoHorvath 10:42 AM 10-23-2008
Originally Posted by Cigarcop:
I smoked at J21 this weekend and really enjoyed it. I aslo smoked a Cabaiguan and it tossed me over the edge in a bad way!!!
Those Cabaiguan are for real men Bud :-)
[Reply]
MithShrike 11:44 AM 10-23-2008
I smoked a P3 last night.

My favorites are the Especiales and the Havana Cazadores.
[Reply]
Cigarcop 11:57 AM 10-23-2008
Originally Posted by BroncoHorvath:
Those Cabaiguan are for real men Bud :-)

I strongly agree:-)

You witnessed my defeat!!!!!
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up