Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>CAO f-up
md4958 09:36 PM 10-24-2008
Back in August I was smoking my first CAO gold. As I was smoking I noticed what felt like a hair sticking out of the head. I pulled out a 1.5 inch grey hair.

Needless to say I was grossed out, so much so that I wrote CAO customer service an email.

Well, I had completely forgotten about it until last week when I got an email from the PR person. She apologized profusely but assured me that it was unlikely it was a human hair and probably a thread from the nylon string they tie the leafs together with.

She also offer me a replacement stick, which I accepted.

Below is what I got in the mail today.

Im impressed with their customer service...except for the 2 month response time.
Attached: 375.jpg (32.9 KB) 
[Reply]
Scottw 09:38 PM 10-24-2008
I'd wait 2 months for that. unless it was a pube, I'd just puke and forget it ever happened.
[Reply]
md4958 09:46 PM 10-24-2008
Originally Posted by Scottw:
I'd wait 2 months for that. unless it was a pube, I'd just puke and forget it ever happened.
awwwww man!:-)

but no, it was straight, thank God
[Reply]
Scottw 09:48 PM 10-24-2008
Originally Posted by md4958:
awwwww man!:-)

but no, it was straight, thank God
What? No good? Enjoy the sticks!
[Reply]
groogs 09:48 PM 10-24-2008
It is nice to see that they take care of their customers. I hope you enjoy the replacement smokes.
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 10:21 PM 10-24-2008
glad they took care of you
[Reply]
silentjon 04:28 AM 10-25-2008
You would think you would get a quicker response though.
[Reply]
Cigarmark 05:14 AM 10-25-2008
Originally Posted by Scottw:
I hear CAO only uses virgin's thighs to roll their cigars. I'm glad they took care of you!
[Reply]
Ender 06:13 AM 10-25-2008
Wow, that's very bizzar. As for the time it took to reply I'm sure they get a lot of emails to go through. I'm dumbfounded that they would even respond. Great to hear you were taken care of.
[Reply]
MTB996 06:58 AM 10-25-2008
I wrote CAO a couple years ago about a few sticks with burn problems and they sent me a nice letter and 5-pack sampler for free. They do have great customer service. It was a nice gesture.
[Reply]
shotgunjimmy 07:23 AM 10-25-2008
i had the same thing happen^^ burn and draw problems on a few of thier sticks. after the wait for the reply, the promptly shipped out a pack (5 pc's) of mx2 daggers, 2 brazillia, a cx2, and an america(robusto). was very impressed.

james
[Reply]
AriesOpusX 09:03 AM 10-25-2008
Glad to hear they took care of you. Perdomo offered to replace an entire box for me after I found a 2 inch piece of twine inside my cigar, I told them not to worry about it but I appreciated the gesture. Funny thing is when I spoke to them on the phone the guy admitted it may have been a disgruntled roller because they've found nails and stuff inside cigars before...kinda grosses you out huh?
[Reply]
ucla695 09:41 AM 10-25-2008
Wow, that's good customer service.

Originally Posted by AriesOpusX:
Glad to hear they took care of you. Perdomo offered to replace an entire box for me after I found a 2 inch piece of twine inside my cigar, I told them not to worry about it but I appreciated the gesture. Funny thing is when I spoke to them on the phone the guy admitted it may have been a disgruntled roller because they've found nails and stuff inside cigars before...kinda grosses you out huh?
They've found nails in cigars?? Maybe they should start x-raying them before the sticks are shipped. :-)
[Reply]
icantbejon 10:00 AM 10-25-2008
I'm glad to read this thread. I love the CAO brand, they are my go to guys. Nice to know they take care of their customers in a good way. A slow way perhaps, but still taken care of.
[Reply]
Sauer Grapes 10:26 AM 10-25-2008
Originally Posted by Cigarmark:
I hear CAO only uses virgin's thighs to roll their cigars. I'm glad they took care of you!
They must be nuns then if the hair is grey.
[Reply]
brigey57 01:39 PM 10-25-2008
What they didn't tell you was that is what they add for flavor. check out the new smokes to make sure they didn't add any more. :-)
[Reply]
Up